The Serious Look ?

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How many of you maintain a serious look i.e the Roger Moore no smile look when being C&F ?.

David DeAngelos belief is in order for it to work you have to look serious. I would like your thoughts please.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For some reason the furrowed forehead seems to work, save money on Botox:D

I practiced in the mirror for the James Dean moody look, but it looked more like Stan Laural. With practice you can guage it right. Raised eyebrows definately.

Didn't he say it give the girl the impression you are judgeing them rather than smiling gormlessly?

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i maintain a serious look when im in public, but sometimes you have to act like your a fun guy . the serious james dean look or watever can work for you good looking white boys but not when your below average in looks. the thing is that being friendly to people exposes your weak side as i have experienced so i keep a serious look most of the time.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skeelo,

You've pick up on a contradiction I've noticed too. You read all the stuff about smiling and being friendly, but quite often I get the impression people just think you are eager to please and weak.

Consequently they are less interested in you, yet that judging look tends to make them feel obliged to prove themselves.

It's all a bit silly though really, maybe best just to totally drop the mask, be yourself, and fvck those who don't like it.:D :mad: :confused:

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I'd say shoot for Sean Connery more than Roger Moore, if you want a Bond to emulate for the purpose of getting the ladies.

But remember, its' only a movie.

catch

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
it works...

dry humour its called, although you can seem to be very arrogant, its still quite funny, becuase the girls starts laughing and then she doesnt know what to do with herself...

she will question her self and become confused, and not know if your being serious or funny or if your even liking her... until you relive the tension with another wise crack inuendo, that gets her going, once again... then another blank face just makes her horny, cus she dont know what you really mean...

but they always give a sexy smile just when they are about to leave... just to send one clear signal...

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I always maintain a serious look. And as "catch" says, it can drive them crazy trying to figure out if you're serious or not.

A good example for the dry humour (the master) is Bob Newhart. For a more 'now' example, think Drew Carey or Chandler from Friends.

Basically, the only way the girls know to think that I might be joking is from the absurdity of my statements. Some girl was admiring my build and started to feel my right bicep as I was sitting on a bench (one that I joke around with alot). Another girl (one that was ALSO into me) got jealous so she started to feel the left one. My line? "Wow. This is almost a fantasy come true! All we need now is a german shephard and we'd all have a GREAT time."

Said with a serious face, got a bunch of laughs, as well as a bunch of "Eewwws" from the neighboring people.

And afterwards the one girl would look at me, and playfully snap her teeth or growl at me.

It was fun. May not have been the BEST line to use, but I thought it was pretty funny.

Alexi

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Now we're worrying about what masks we wear in public when you use a certain tactic?

I bet the guru Gods are laughing at this right now.

A-Unit