The Serial Dater - Inside the mind of a Casanova

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I don't think what this guy is doing, "serial dating", is much different from what most guys are doing who want to have regular sex with a desirable woman and don't want to be in a monogamous relationship with just any crap woman. He's just more successful than a lot of guys, He's just in the successful category. It's as much or more female' s fault that they're not settling down and that most females aren't good for a LTR. It's preposterious that women or whoever else would claim a guy who serial dates is somehow necessarily disfunctional when it's mostly women making it a necessity and who choose to serial date themselves. Women instigate most break ups after all.

Grizou

Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
The official comments page is pretty eye opening here:

http://allday.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/12/10/507637.aspx

Gives me some hope.
Muahaha the comments are truly amazing! Some statements, even from guys, contain so much bitterness and frustration it stinks!

Over all I love the hypocratic way some people bash on Janka. On the one hand, women should be emancipated and stand on their own feet (I do agree on that), on the other hand they want him (men in general) to take responsibility for women who are unable to say no. We are not speaking of some man forcefully making his way into a woman's bedroom, but just of healthy conversations with a "happy ending". A man who's been used by a woman is just a fool, but vice versa women are pitiful creatures who cannot take care of themselves. If they head for total emancipation, certain people should stop whinging about their own incapability.

The comment I loved most by the doctor on the couch was like "he (Mr. Janka) is as good in being a Casanova, as I am in being a doctor"... I think this woman has a mindset of herself that drastically deviates from reality ;)

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
How do we get in touch with him?
I sure hope we can find out. I was pretty damn impressed, and didn't see much of anything to fault. Way to go Paul!

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
That guy seems pretty damn smooth, lol. His looks can't hurt either.
Uh yea, who said "looks don't matter?"

This guy looks like your classic Steve Reeves/GQ coverboy/Greek god/Ken doll. But I guess that has little to do with his success with women? :rolleyes:

Sure, he's got Game too. But could someone who doesn't look like that be able to "override women's agendas" so easily? It's easy to be confident and dominant when women are bending over and spreading wide for you.
Epic said:
GF: *goes silent for a moment* No, but still it's just a custom. Anyway, I think we should stop talking about this subject.

"Well, it used to be the custom for women to stay home and take care of the household with no right to vote, while men controlled the work force and the government." Now, I'm not saying that the oppression of women was just, but it still was a sexist custom. Sometimes, I wonder how far this is going to go. I'm all for equality, but the scale isn't balancing, it's just shifting to the other side.
Right. When they benefit from it - it's "just a custom" that should be followed and not discussed further.

Of course, if it doesn't benefit them - then it's yet another "oppressive tradition" that should be banned immediately. :rolleyes:

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
I was just thinking and became a little suspicious. I agree with what the guy said and I'm not necessarily question his claim of a 100 women, I mean he does live in NYC so I'm sure there's plenty of approach oportunities, and he is 32. But I'm wondering-and maybe I missed this part of the story- how/why he got on the news, and he does have a blog right? I'm just wondering what all his motivations could be. It kind of seems like a guy who is trying to go and market something, a la Style, Mystery, etc.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wayword said:
Uh yea, who said "looks don't matter?"

This guy looks like your classic Steve Reeves/GQ coverboy/Greek god/Ken doll. But I guess that has little to do with his success with women? :rolleyes:
Are you serious? The only thing that makes this guy seem above average in looks is that he's not overweight. Look at his hair, the first thing that to my mind was Trump's hair with a bunch of Miracle-Gro. Hell, even his appearance isn't all that for someone that lives in New York, he dresses like any other guy. He's not hideous but he's not all that either. Is it average looking guys like this who you all are so worried about? No wonder so many guys are fixated on looks.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LostAndConfused said:
Why the hell do they depict him as a criminal?
Because he has sex with women he hasn't committed to. His biggest mistake was to disclose how many women he's been with.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
His biggest mistake was to disclose how many women he's been with.
This was my question earlier why is he disclosing all this on national news? Is he trying to market something?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
This was my question earlier why is he disclosing all this on national news? Is he trying to market something?
Not that I can tell. NBC asked him to blog and he's said that he has friends who want him to write a book. Other than that I don't think he's out there trying to hawk any services, if he did they would have lambasted him more during the interview. I think he's just another regular guy who "gets it" but didn't realize that he'd get flamed if the masses knew of his methodology.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Not that I can tell. NBC asked him to blog and he's said that he has friends who want him to write a book. Other than that I don't think he's out there trying to hawk any services, if he did they would have lambasted him more during the interview. I think he's just another regular guy who "gets it" but didn't realize that he'd get flamed if the masses knew of his methodology.
So you're saying he's the real deal, basically a natural. Is a guy getting with a 100 women so rare and elite that NBC would seek him out and his friends would want him to write a book?

I think that he has a harvard degree might have something to do with his status to get on NBC. Also I don't know too many intellectuals who are naturals or that practice serial dating. I'm not trying to say most women like dumb guys or anything :whistle:.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you serious? The only thing that makes this guy seem above average in looks is that he's not overweight. Look at his hair, the first thing that to my mind was Trump's hair with a bunch of Miracle-Gro. Hell, even his appearance isn't all that for someone that lives in New York, he dresses like any other guy. He's not hideous but he's not all that either. Is it average looking guys like this who you all are so worried about? No wonder so many guys are fixated on looks.
As much as I love you overall (in a figurative sort of way), you really miss the mark when you talk about looks; how much it matters and, apparently, what constitutes great looks. That guy is WAY above average, OR people where you live are far more handsome than they are where I live. On a 10 scale, he's easily a 9. That guy has excellent symmetry, great height, great complexion (dark), good teeth, appears to be in excellent shape and has a full head of hair. Hair can be styled differently so big deal about his pseudo mullet and a bit too much gel. Once again, his hair looks better than most guys I work with!

I hope you were just trying to make these guys feel better by downplaying his looks. I'm a pretty decent looking guy myself, but I might be willing to swap with him.

Sorry I had to rebut that. I don't want this to turn into a looks thread either! I started this thread because I was fascinated by the guy.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
So you're saying he's the real deal, basically a natural.
A natural? I'm just saying that he's not someone who feels bound by the rules of the masses. He understands how to interact with women in a manner that fulfills his objectives; that's it.
ketostix said:
Is a guy getting with a 100 women so rare and elite that NBC would seek him out and his friends would want him to write a book?
Look at the media, there are stranger things being broadcast. Besides, his dating methods wasn't the purpose of the story, it was sex addiction (which they attributed to his premise of social interactions). Just another method that the media grabs the attention of the masses. Whatever gets ratings.

sidewind3r

Don Juan
Reaction score
prema said:
his email is this

playingotham@gmail.com
may be ask him to join here
hes also on face book look him up

How do we get in touch with him?

Dunno if he would appreciate a bunch of strangers emailing him to join a group even if he did put his lif eon tv for all to know

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
So you're saying he's the real deal, basically a natural. Is a guy getting with a 100 women so rare and elite that NBC would seek him out and his friends would want him to write a book?
It'll put you in the top 1% of men, easily based on stats Ive seen in the past. Not all of those are Harvard grads with his degree, so he'd obviously be a great, and relatively rare choice to do that.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sidewind3r said:
Dunno if he would appreciate a bunch of strangers emailing him to join a group even if he did put his lif eon tv for all to know
So lets designate a mod or someone in particular.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
azanon said:
As much as I love you overall (in a figurative sort of way), you really miss the mark when you talk about looks; how much it matters and, apparently, what constitutes great looks. That guy is WAY above average, OR people where you live are far more handsome than they are where I live. On a 10 scale, he's easily a 9. That guy has excellent symmetry, great height, great complexion (dark), good teeth, appears to be in excellent shape and has a full head of hair. Hair can be styled differently so big deal about his pseudo mullet and a bit too much gel. Once again, his hair looks better than most guys I work with!

I hope you were just trying to make these guys feel better by downplaying his looks. I'm a pretty decent looking guy myself, but I might be willing to swap with him.

Sorry I had to rebut that. I don't want this to turn into a looks thread either! I started this thread because I was fascinated by the guy.
Whoa! :eek: Really? Wow... I'm genuinely shocked. He looks like any one of my buds, both that do well with women and those who don't. If he'd walk into a club I wouldn't feel any competition from him on looks alone. Wow... A NINE???!!! Really???? Wow...

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoa! :eek: Really? Wow... I'm genuinely shocked. He looks like any one of my buds, both that do well with women and those who don't. If he'd walk into a club I wouldn't feel any competition from him on looks alone. Wow... A NINE???!!! Really???? Wow...
Looks are subjective so its really impossible for either of us to call the other wrong. But I bet if you slapped his photo up on, say, Hot or Not (a decent one of him), he'd come out a 9 or better. That one linked of him wasn't flattering, but that's because the photo wasn't great. Clearly (I'd say), in the video, he's handsome.

Oh well, no sense in arguing. Lets agree to disagree. But trust me, I'm as shocked as you are to hear you call him just average looks.

On second thought, I wouldn't trade with him. I think I just get tired of looking at myself sometime so I'm more critical of me :D .