The reasons why it is so difficult to date decent women

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The "Forced Loneliness" crowd made me think about why dating is so difficult. Men of our father's, grandfather's, etc. time did not seem to have these problems - a decent man always had a matchmaker of some type to hitch him up, and it really took a lot of fortitude for a confirmed bachelor to not get married.

So here are the reasons:

- Baby Bust demographics - most of us here are in the age range where there are simply less people who are 5-10 years younger

- Feminism 1 - whereas the securing of a husband for women of our ancestor's time was the prime motivator in life, now it is not; this emboldens the woman's natural picky nature

- Feminism 2 - a woman's nature is to not marry down, or even laterally, so with women being career professionals, many men are just not considered as worthy

- Feminism 3 - even for women who are of the mindset to have a family, and are OK with a lateral or even lower husband, they put all their energy into their education and career, which makes it difficult even if they were not otherwise picky, but with few opportunities, they figure that they should be picky; also, it causes women to want to get their career settled first, and then figure on a short window of marital and mother viability at a ridiculously late age - e.g., I will start seriously dating at age 35, get married at age 36, have first child at age 37, (38 if I have to get my husband to masturbate into a cup so a fertility physician can inject that into my decaying womb) second at 38-1/2 (or 39-1/2), before my eggs go bad at age 40

- Feminism 4 - unlike their grandmothers. who needed a man to have decent material lifestyle, today's woman does not need that, meaning that women who do not have as strong a drive to reproduce are more likely to become a spinster of choice (e.g., Condoleeza Rice, who was very attractive in her day); while evolution will take care of this problem as only the children of women who do not have this mindset will be around, it is problem for us in our time

- obesification of the American woman - many women who a generation ago would be considered decent are now just fat

- explosion of single mommies - (all of whom are considered here to be not seriously dateable) due to lack of modesty and choice of bad boys; back in the early days, a young woman would respect her father's judgement that her suitor was a bum and she could date him (even if she were an adult), but now, she just goes and gets knocked up by him

- divorce culture - which allows alpha men to knock up one maiden, and then follow it with a subsequent maiden (this would not be a problem if such men simply dated other single mommies)

- hypersexuality due to the social and media interconnectedness - women are now exposed to much more of the world then their little village of their great-grandmother's time, so instead of looking at the pool of local men as the only set of possible suitors, women can now look at a much larger pool, and thus their natural picky nature makes them not so interested in those local men

What do you think about this?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
- Feminism 4 - unlike their grandmothers. who needed a man to have decent material lifestyle, today's woman does not need that, meaning that women who do not have as strong a drive to reproduce are more likely to become a spinster of choice (e.g., Condoleeza Rice, who was very attractive in her day); while evolution will take care of this problem as only the children of women who do not have this mindset will be around, it is problem for us in our time
It's a vicious cycle where one problem exacerbates the others, but as you pointed out, it is particular to this (and maybe a couple more) generations, as these worthless specimens will eventually be weeded out of the gene pool for "trying to have their cake and eat it to".

Excellent post.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will offer a different POV

I don' think it's fair nor accurate to blame everything on women.

my GF and I had this discussion about 2 days ago.

it's think alot of problems, and this is my opinion not hers, is that guys with low self esteem in relationships.

think about it. you get a guy who does not like himself for whatever the reason may be. you want a woman, that's smart, good looking, has a life, has hobbies..
but what the low self esteem guy REALLy wants is someone to reaffirm him.

the reason why it's so hard for the low self esteem guy to date deseriable women (by our standards) is that what he desires and what he needs are two different things.

the low self esteem guy can't keep a woman that has a life. the first time she goes out with "friends", the first time she doesn't return his call.. the first time she owrks late. the first time she goes out of town with her girlfriends to a fashion show...

the firsrt time an Ex stops at her work and says hi (unexpectly) low self esteem guy starts to get defensive.

IN fact i think oth he previous psots here are way off base. yes women are not what they used to be, but alot of it is that guys aren't either.

We want a woman that has her **** togethr, but low self esteem guy r uns her off wih his neediness, clinglyness, everyother ness you can think of whenever her life does not revolve around him.

then he goes back and finds someone who "gets him" (who also has low self esteem and wants a reaffirmation partner).

say she has issues with her sex conuct and tries to get affirmation by sleeping with guys. you were screwed from the start. so she goes on one and fvcks some guy, not beucase she doesn't like you but she needs her "fix". which in turn drives low self esteem guy's self esteem even lower

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like a lot of what the OP said.

However, regarding the obsefic... whatever, the "getting fat" of women, men are getting just as fat. Goes both ways.

Andy_Dufresne

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
To the OP: I think you ought to quit whining, get off your ass and make your life happen, brother.

aman

Don Juan
Reaction score
These are self imposed limiting beliefs. How will these beliefs help you at all with woman. They are irrelevant!

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
The "Forced Loneliness" crowd made me think about why dating is so difficult. Men of our father's, grandfather's, etc. time did not seem to have these problems - a decent man always had a matchmaker of some type to hitch him up, and it really took a lot of fortitude for a confirmed bachelor to not get married.

So here are the reasons:

- Baby Bust demographics - most of us here are in the age range where there are simply less people who are 5-10 years younger

- Feminism 1 - whereas the securing of a husband for women of our ancestor's time was the prime motivator in life, now it is not; this emboldens the woman's natural picky nature

- Feminism 2 - a woman's nature is to not marry down, or even laterally, so with women being career professionals, many men are just not considered as worthy

- Feminism 3 - even for women who are of the mindset to have a family, and are OK with a lateral or even lower husband, they put all their energy into their education and career, which makes it difficult even if they were not otherwise picky, but with few opportunities, they figure that they should be picky; also, it causes women to want to get their career settled first, and then figure on a short window of marital and mother viability at a ridiculously late age - e.g., I will start seriously dating at age 35, get married at age 36, have first child at age 37, (38 if I have to get my husband to masturbate into a cup so a fertility physician can inject that into my decaying womb) second at 38-1/2 (or 39-1/2), before my eggs go bad at age 40

- obesification of the American woman - many women who a generation ago would be considered decent are now just fat

- explosion of single mommies - (all of whom are considered here to be not seriously dateable) due to lack of modesty and choice of bad boys; back in the early days, a young woman would respect her father's judgement that her suitor was a bum and she could date him (even if she were an adult), but now, she just goes and gets knocked up by him

- divorce culture - which allows alpha men to knock up one maiden, and then follow it with a subsequent maiden (this would not be a problem if such men simply dated other single mommies)

- hypersexuality due to the social and media interconnectedness - women are now exposed to much more of the world then their little village of their great-grandmother's time, so instead of looking at the pool of local men as the only set of possible suitors, women can now look at a much larger pool, and thus their natural picky nature makes them not so interested in those local men

It comes down to this - to sum up ,we are just picking over the scrapheap looking for a diamond..

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's true. Men of previous generations might have some rules on how to qualify women, but I seriously doubt that they had to work as hard as we do!

MrLuvr

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MatureDJ said:
What I think is that you are spending all your time looking for excuses as to why you haven't got laid in years instead of doing something about it.

Every time I come to this board there is another lame post on here by you, with the question "What do you think about blah.. blah.. "

Quit looking for excuses, get off your butt and go out and meet women. How many women did you talk to today? Yesterday? This week? I bet the answer is close to ZERO.

The reason why it is so difficult is YOU. Look at yourself in the mirror first.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MrLuvr said:
What I think is that you are spending all your time looking for excuses as to why you haven't got laid in years instead of doing something about it.

Every time I come to this board there is another lame post on here by you, with the question "What do you think about blah.. blah.. "

Quit looking for excuses, get off your butt and go out and meet women. How many women did you talk to today? Yesterday? This week? I bet the answer is close to ZERO.

The reason why it is so difficult is YOU. Look at yourself in the mirror first.

someone pin a medal on this man.

this thread is mental wanking. Provides no anwsers or solutions and will be used by the weak as an excuse not to try. Epic fail.

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
I will offer a different POV

I don' think it's fair nor accurate to blame everything on women.

my GF and I had this discussion about 2 days ago.

it's think alot of problems, and this is my opinion not hers, is that guys with low self esteem in relationships.

think about it. you get a guy who does not like himself for whatever the reason may be. you want a woman, that's smart, good looking, has a life, has hobbies..
but what the low self esteem guy REALLy wants is someone to reaffirm him.

the reason why it's so hard for the low self esteem guy to date deseriable women (by our standards) is that what he desires and what he needs are two different things.

the low self esteem guy can't keep a woman that has a life. the first time she goes out with "friends", the first time she doesn't return his call.. the first time she owrks late. the first time she goes out of town with her girlfriends to a fashion show...

the firsrt time an Ex stops at her work and says hi (unexpectly) low self esteem guy starts to get defensive.

IN fact i think oth he previous psots here are way off base. yes women are not what they used to be, but alot of it is that guys aren't either.

We want a woman that has her **** togethr, but low self esteem guy r uns her off wih his neediness, clinglyness, everyother ness you can think of whenever her life does not revolve around him.

then he goes back and finds someone who "gets him" (who also has low self esteem and wants a reaffirmation partner).

say she has issues with her sex conuct and tries to get affirmation by sleeping with guys. you were screwed from the start. so she goes on one and fvcks some guy, not beucase she doesn't like you but she needs her "fix". which in turn drives low self esteem guy's self esteem even lower
To a certain extent I agree, but a lot of this has to do with a basic sense of respect too. Fact is, when the roles are reversed, women fly off the handle. Now I know that does not justify men acting out, but there are times when they blame your response to their **** tests on "insecurity"

As soon as she does something that you find disrespectful and you call her on it, she automatically resorts to calling you insecure

dont like me hanging out with guy friends? insecure
dont like me getting **** drunk on a girls night out? insecure
dont like me flirting with other men? insecure

There is a fine balance. Judge their actions without emotion where you can.

I do agree though that men are the problem too. They allow themselves to be whipped and dominated by the women in their lives too and that comes from self confidence issues. It also stems from the constant emasculation men suffer from childhood these days. Men are conditioned to be pussies as much as women are conditioned to feel entitled and victimised.

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason it's so hard to find a quality woman for most guys- they are out looking for a woman who can be picked up with a "line". Then when another man steals her from you with a "line",and you moan about no quality women out there[she is what she is];never realizing you are the problem. IF you'd find one that looks deeper and doesn't fall for lines, she won't fall for the next guys line so easily either.Admittedly, they are rare,but you need to look for one.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sodbuster said:
The reason it's so hard to find a quality woman for most guys- they are out looking for a woman who can be picked up with a "line". Then when another man steals her from you with a "line",and you moan about no quality women out there[she is what she is];never realizing you are the problem. IF you'd find one that looks deeper and doesn't fall for lines, she won't fall for the next guys line so easily either.Admittedly, they are rare,but you need to look for one.
You give women way too much credit.

A line is a line, regardless of whether it was intentionally delivered as a "line" or simply words that come from the lips of a hatural.

To think that any woman is immune to things like this ALL OF THE TIME is shortsighted at best.

There is no such thing as women who "look deeper than lines".

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
It comes down to this - to sum up ,we are just picking over the scrapheap looking for a diamond..
So true. But, the challenge is to keep picking. Keep moving, keep sorting and sifting. I personally have found the journey is a much, if not more, interesting than the end goal.

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
factfindingmission said:
I'm sick of the "men are whiners" "get off your butt" "it's our fault not theirs" type of guys on here.

Sure men aren't what they used to be. We've put aside our manhood and let women not only control the frame of our relationships, but of society as a whole. The feminization of America has caused what you're complaining about. Men are afraid to speak up against it because you'll be labled a chauvenist or psycho by women. Judges and court commissoners hand out bogus restraining orders because they're afraid of what the feminist society will think. Police routinely arrest men on domestic violence merely on the woman's word.

Let me let you in on a little secret.....MODERN WOMEN ARE FVCKING CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

Don't give me this crap that it's our fault for thinking if we treat a woman with respect she'll like us more than an abusive, drug addicted biker who beats her. That's not normal female behavior, that's mental illness and I'm not subsidizing it.

Don't tell me it's against nature to want to spend time with your woman or give her gifts. These things will make normal people like you. But not modern women..ohhhh no...they'd rather have you act indifferent towards them and treat them like "your bratty sister". That's not normal female behavior. That shyt didn't work on our grandmothers. It works on modern women because they're fvcked in the head.

So shut the hell up about it being our fault. We're not perfect, but all we have to work with are these fvcking pyschos so give us a chance to learn this ridiculous game.
Shock, Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, Testing, Acceptance.

I reckon you at the angry stage at the moment. :)

Hooligan Harry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
grinder said:
So true. But, the challenge is to keep picking. Keep moving, keep sorting and sifting. I personally have found the journey is a much, if not more, interesting than the end goal.
Really?

Im 32, and I tire of it

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hooligan Harry said:
Really?

Im 32, and I tire of it
this is why most people settle down. "I'm tired and your good enough". Game over.

All I really want from a woman is sex. With the least amount of complications. Which brings its own complications as there is no such thing as complication free sex for any long period of time with the same person.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
grinder said:
Gentlemen, the sifting and sorting " journey" is the only journey we have unless you want to quit and become a serial PUA or a monk.
The irony is that unless you really believe that there are "quality women" out there worth seeking, then continuing on the journey is pointless.

The poster called "Baillie" just submitted an update on his LTR. It sounds good to me.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hooligan Harry said:
Really?

Im 32, and I tire of it
So, what is your goal? A wife that answers to you, stays home while you work, two kids in the yard, a house on the hill with a picket fence?

I literally had that for many years. But she self-destructed.

Now I have the younger two kids with me and I answer to no one. I own the game.

After many years I see and understand I don’t need a woman. But I would like a good one. Not because I need her, but because I want her.

I am an explorer of worlds. The worlds or women I meet. I dive in and I love it. They know it. But they also know I am very different. They see that I really don’t need them but I choose them. They like that. This is all there is. Period.