Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Quickest Way to Lose Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SgtSplacker said:
I have to agree with the eating once thing. It's just such a pain in the arse to eat 5 times a day, your constantly preoccupied with your diet, it sucks. I eat two chicken breasts for lunch with rice and beans and i'm done for the day. Lost about 25 lbs like this, and I feel just fine. Every health nut swears im killing myself. I dont care I look great and feel great.
Losing weight and losing fat are two different things entirely and that 25lbs you lost could be worse than keeping them on.

Actually, you've probably lost 35lbs of muscle mass and gained 10lbs of fat on that diet because your body will be in starvation mode and will be storing up fat cells for survival. Keep going and you'll find yourself developing the consistency of jelly and you will probably find your hair will start falling out too as your body closes down it's non-essential functions in an effort to keep your organs functioning.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illuminatus said:
Exactly. A few of my friends are on the diet following my recommendation and all are doing fine, and have had similar results.

Health Nazis need to re-evaluate their hang-ups against reality. :)
Let's keep this civil before we run into problems with you, eh?
If you want to come up with insults, I suggest putting in a little more effort. Use that vocabulary.

Now we have yet to see you post any verifiable results. I suggest you start with:

Diet start date
Recorded weight and bodyfat on start date
Height of individuals taking part
Last recorded progress date(s)
Last recorded weight(s) and bodyfat(s) on their respective dates

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Where is it? All I see is bullsh*t. You made a very specific claim of 5lbs per week, back it up. Provide evidence.

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Illuminatus said:
So your diet is like the starvation method in Nazi Concentration Camps?

Illuminatus' Link said:
But, keep in mind that apart from weight loss, semi-starvation has other not-so-cool effects on your mind and body. The other physical effects from the Minnesota study on semi-starvation included a significant drop in physical endurance, reduction in strength of about 10%, and sluggish reflexes. Those that were the most fit initially showed the greatest deterioration. In addition, heart volume shrank about 20%, pulses slowed and their body temperatures dropped. Concentration and judgment became impaired. Sexual function was reduced and all lost interest in sex.
Seems pretty negative to me.

Last edited:

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illuminatus said:
Ok that's a start. We have yet to see the result from your own and your friend's diet and exercise regimen.

Your Link said:
So, what did the results of the study find? First, all participants lost weight. Starvation mode does not result in your body hanging onto extra fat or calories in an effort to “preserve” your body. But, it’s more complicated than just losing weight. All of the participants also experienced a drop in their metabolic rates – approximately 40% below baseline. Now, you will see many posters here that will argue that you will start losing muscle and not fat within a few days of going into so-called “starvation mode.” Yet, the research shows that participants lost both. In fact, at no point did they stop losing fat until they hit a rate of approximately 5% body fat near the end of the study.
Modern day diet and exercise routines are to prevent the loss of body muscle. This is exactly why your diet is ****. At no point is it all acceptable to lose both bodyfat and muscle. Not only that but you are depressing your body's metabolism by putting it in starvation mode and it takes much time and effort to return your body to normal functioning after this starvation diet. It doesn't happen in a day or in a week. It takes time, planning and very strict calorie control to ensure that you don't look like a fat balloon.

This proves my point:

Your Link said:
However, let’s look again at the Minnesota study for further compelling evidence why semi-starvation is not a good idea for long-term weight loss. In the latter half of the Minnesota Starvation Study the men were allowed to eat ad libitum again. Researchers found they had insatiable appetites, yet never felt full, these effects continued for months afterwards. Semi-starvation diets don’t work long-term for this simple reason – under ordinary pressures, when eating resumes, people put the weight back on and oftentimes, gain more.
In conclusion: You're a moron and know nothing about diet and nutrition. Your own "facts" contradict you. I would suggest that in the future, you read your own material.

Have a good day.

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
Ok that's a start. We have yet to see the result from your own and your friend's diet and exercise regimen.
If anything they will be outright lies or doctored evidence.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This diet is terrible. There is no rocket science to losing weight. Find out your basal metabolic rate (google it). Then, you eat less calories to be in a caloric deficit. Of course you want to stick to lean high protein foods, veggies, complex carbs and cut out processed junk. Then, add in a solid weight lifting and cardio regiment, and the lbs will fly off.

I went from 210 lbs tub o lard to 170 lbs 11% body fat in a year. It just takes dedication and a lot of hard work.

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat less, exercise more. That is what i have been doing since october last year and i have lost about 12kg. It can't get much easier than that. :wave:

S

sandradavis

Getting to a HEALTHY weight, with a healthy body fat level for your gender and age, and with a fully balanced and healthy lifestyle is very easy.

You only need to do two things, eat healthy and exercise.

First of all you have to eat a healthy diet. This doesn't mean go on a crappy fad diet or starve yourself!!! It means that you make sure you eat 4 or even 5 small to medium meals a day. Each meal, apart from breakfast, (preferably fiber rich with fruit) should have a combination of protein (chicken/fish/soya etc), carbohydrates (pasta/rice/potatoes/etc), and vitamins, minerals and antioxidants (fresh fruit and veg). There are many easy ways to incorporate all these into every meal. This also doesn't mean you can never have pizza/takeaway/chocolate/etc, just save them for the occasional treat.

Secondly you do need to EXERCISE. Cardio exercise is anything that will get you out of breath, your heart rate pumping and you sweating (running, swimming, cycling, etc) and is necessary for burning calories, shedding body fat and improving your overall fitness levels.
Hope this will help you!! :)

K

Kirk

I take whey protein and creatine. Many different manufacturers feature both in the same product. I personally like GNC's AMP Mass Builder. Lots of calories, high in protein and carbs, and an ample serving of creatine.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thread locked because this information is both stupid and dangerous.

If you want to find out why, talk to a doctor and ask about anorexia. This diet is basically forced anorexia.

Status
Not open for further replies.