Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Quickest Way to Lose Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illuminatus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Note that the title of this topic is the "quickest way", not the "best way" or "healthiest way". This will become clear to you shortly. :p

1) Limit yourself to ONE meal per day -- the evening meal. This is for two reasons:
- I have found that it's easier to have NO food (and therefore not to have eating on your mind) rather than trying to bull**** your way through managing your meals in an effort to not be hungry. If you eat, you want more, plain and simple. Not eating fixes this problem.
- The evening meal acts as a "reward", meaning you have something to look forward to, and programs your brain to think your work or whatever actually has some tangible payoff.

2) Do a short, intense workout every morning with resistance training (weights, press-ups, etc.), and don't bother with aerobic exercise such as running (which requires a lot of sugar and is likely to have you keeling over later in the day due to low blood sugar). Science has shown that weights burn off the same calories or more as running (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7228896.stm) They also take up a fraction of the time and help you build muscle mass, which running doesn't. You also get mega-adrenaline which suppresses appetite.

3) OPTIONAL. To really stave off hunger, I alternate between chewing nicotine gum and drinking coffee. In the first hour, drink a coffee, in the second hour, chew one piece of nicotine gum. Repeat as necessary to stop feeling hungry. Both of these drugs keep metabolism high and keep you burning off calories at a higher rate "for no reason". Nicotine in particular forces sugar out of cells and into the bloodstream for burning. Supplement with plenty of water.

4) If you really feel like you need to eat, only fruit is allowed. Eat till you're satisfied. On this diet, even a banana and an apple will make you satisfied, trust me. If you feel hungry and don't want to eat however, I recommend either drinking water or bursting out some press-ups or a short burst of weights to release adrenaline which suppresses appetite.

5) For your main meal, no white carbs (anything made from grain, potato or refined sugar). So no pasta, bread, rice, potato or sugary dessert (fresh fruit of course is allowed and encouraged). Eat meat, root vegetables and salad. Eat as much of these things as you want.

This diet will make you ketogenic (burning your own fat stores) within a day. You can see that yourself when your breath tastes slightly acetone (fruity).

If you're fat, you can expect to lose upwards of 14lbs (6kg) per week on this regimen. If you aren't obese, expect to lose upwards of 7lbs (3kg) per week, until you hit your target weight.

If you use stimulants (coffee and nicotine), don't be surprised if you experience addiction and tolerance within a short space of time. Like I said, this is not the healthiest way to lose weight, it's the quickest. They used to prescribe amphetamine for weight loss, so consider that at least this regimen is not as bad as that.

You can have a "cheat weekend" if you want (as long as you get back on the diet immediately in the week), but don't be surprised if even during these weekends your appetite is reduced and you find yourself not caring about food so much.

This diet is the reason I no longer think that weight loss is difficult in the slightest. There is no excuse for being obese now you have knowledge of this diet. You could be your target weight in a couple of weeks. This diet has been tested extensively by myself, and I now have very little fat and have made huge gains in muscle. I know Bliss has also been testing the diet (without the drugs) and also managed to lose 5lbs (2.25kg) within 3 days.

There is no excuse for being fat when losing weight is SO EASY.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really hope nobody reads this posts and follows this plan. This is so horrible for you. I know, you already stated it may not be the healthiest plan, but that was an extreme understatement. Why can't people just follow a good, healthy, diet plan? Why do you need to deprive your body of what it needs to see results? It's flat out lazy.

I'm really hoping this is a joke...

Illuminatus

Don Juan
Reaction score
PDubb75 said:
I really hope nobody reads this posts and follows this plan. This is so horrible for you. I know, you already stated it may not be the healthiest plan, but that was an extreme understatement. Why can't people just follow a good, healthy, diet plan?
Because people are lazy, engrained in their habits and, in our magic pill society, want the fastest possible results with the minimum effort.

That's why this will be a hit, and why "eat right and do plenty of exercise" never will be.

Why do you need to deprive your body of what it needs to see results?
What do you believe this is depriving people of?

Take a multivitamin if you're that worried.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This method is putting your body into starvation mode. You can not sustain this diet plan, and the weight will come right back once you stop. You are advising people to add stimulants, which you admit can lead to addiction. You are not getting necessary nutrients, and a multi will not help, because you are not allowing your body to metabolize it properly with this diet.

I don't have the time to get into more detail with what else is wrong with this.

It's one thing to state that a plan like this will make you lose weight (which, it will), but it's a disservice to post this on a public forum in step-by-step format. Please people, do not follow this.

MikeBrown30

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Uhh yeah, this will screw with your metabolism and as PDubb said, the weight you lost AND more will come back. The quickest way for me to lose bodyfat (not weight, bodyfat) was training 6 days a week. Weights 3 times per week & HIIT cardio sessions 3 times a week. My diet was clean, portion sizes were controlled, even though I was eating 6-7 meals a day. Sunday was my rest day, along with my cheat day where I ate whatever I wanted all day long.

Cheat days help you keep your sanity, and serve as a carb re-feed if you feel your energy is tanking. I still ate enough quality protein during the day.

Do not starve yourself, it is not the way to go.

Illuminatus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone else used my diet for mega-weight loss yet? :D

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Illuminatus said:
Anyone else used my diet for mega-weight loss yet? :D
Anyone that has used your diet either is now anorexic or dead from malnutrition. I did a version of this when I was younger (High School Sophomore Year) where I ate a piece of toast for breakfast with coffee, some type of chicken for lunch with water, and usually had a type of sandwich for lunch like peanut butter and jelly for dinner with Milk along with working out after dinner. I lost 4-6 pounds a week this way however when I stopped this diet I gained 6-% of the weight I lost even eating less than 2500 calories a day which is the healthy diet weight for my size.

This advice you are giving is toxic and potentially deadly. This is something anorexics use to lose weight. Your advice is nothing but purposing being anorexic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anorexia_nervosa

Wikipedia said:
Persons with anorexia nervosa continue to feel hunger, but deny themselves all but very small quantities of food. The average caloric intake of a person with anorexia nervosa is 600–800 calories per day, but there are extreme cases of complete self-starvation.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the how to guide for yo-yo dieting. You make one drastic change and then another when you go into stimulant withdrawal. Assuming the stimulants don't overwork your nervous system and fatigue the hell out of your adrenal glands. You know that rush of energy from stimulants? Well a good portion is adrenaline. Good luck trying to exercise without it. Recovery from adrenal fatigue and stimulant abuse is difficult. You'll probably gain all the weight back and then some during withdrawal.

Night time is not the best time to stuff yourself unless you like sleeping with cramps. Monks in Tibet have been doing one meal a day for generations and they eat before mid day.

You have no idea how blood sugar works and you should not attempt to manipulate it until you know how it does. It's called glucose. GLU-COSE. It's a two syllable word.

You're rambling on about carbohydrates and fruits and then about ketosis. That's not how it works. If you want to induce ketosis you eat plenty of proteins and fats and you reduce carbohydrates significantly. Like 50 grams a day significantly. Which is maybe a potato and a half worth of carbs and the rest is protein and fats.

You have absolutely no idea what you're doing. Let me know when this diet fails spectacularly. You think you're losing weight but the first few days of any diet are always water weight. You would know this if you had any intelligence or previous experience.

For the love of god please stop giving advice until you know what you're doing. Experiment with this diet if you want ON YOURSELF first.

Last edited:

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the worst posts I've seen on ths site.

After following a diet like this you'll most likely end up gaining fat and losing muscle, and ending up like a jellyfish.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illuminatus said:
Because people are lazy, engrained in their habits and, in our magic pill society, want the fastest possible results with the minimum effort.

That's why this will be a hit, and why "eat right and do plenty of exercise" never will be.

What do you believe this is depriving people of?

Take a multivitamin if you're that worried.
How about depravity of nutrients? There was an article on CNN that talked about research done that showed that fad diets (such as the one you posted) cause the brain to not get enough nutrition and kill off some of its brain cells. Which is kind of what eating only once a day will do for you.

I have no doubt this is a "mega-weight loss" plan but this is simply not healthy for a number of reasons. We can toss this sh!t in with other fad diets that have appeared over the years.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
How about depravity of nutrients? There was an article on CNN that talked about research done that showed that fad diets (such as the one you posted) cause the brain to not get enough nutrition and kill off some of its brain cells. Which is kind of what eating only once a day will do for you.
I'm surprised the monkeys at CNN know how to spell research. I wouldn't follow their nonsense. If you want to read good articles go to Science Daily.

Also, one CAN follow the one meal a day plan. Monks in Tibet have been doing this for generations. It's possible to get proper nutrition but you have to plan it out very well beforehand.

Melen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Goodness me, I'm no weight-loss expert ( I'm fortunate enough to be bulking and I have no yet had to cut ) but I know that what you advise is rather silly. Whilst weight loss is fairly simple, it's certainly not supposed to be done in the way you advise.

General advise is to work out one's required calorific requirement, there's websites to help you calculate this based on your weight, height and sedentry levels, and then subtract a calorific deficit of up to 500Kcal, that's agreed as being the safe deficit for an adult male, any more and health problems will occur.

Maintain one's protein intake, or slightly lower it for cut, it's about 0.6*bodyweight[Kg] for one's protein intake on cut, it's important to keep the protein high as it's required for healthy cardiac facilities and for cell repair and growth. Whilst maintaining this diet one should continue one's lifting routine but stop or completely bring down the weights progression. By lifting big and frequently you will retain as much muscle as possible, whilst losing as much fast as possible. When we do say, solid state cardio, like jogging ( which is a terrible form of cardio ) we lose some muscle as well as some fat, by doing high intensity excercise we can retain as much muscle as possible, and even gain muscle depending on the calorific deficit...

As well as continuing lifting one should perform HIIT ( High intensity interval training ), remember the beep test? Yep, it's pretty much that, it involves hill sprints or sprinting in intervals, which creates a calorific afterburn 9* higher than that of solid state cardio ( like jogging ). My preffered type of cardio is cycling, or swimming, swimming is amazingly good as it offers a lot of resistance too, jogging and sprinting creates considerable pressure on one's joints, that's not to say it's not worth it, running is by far the most accessable form, however it's not the best. HIIT programs can be downloaded for free, and if you don't want to do that, next time you go out running, just try sprinting for 20 seconds, walking for 1 minutes, and repeat.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Melen said:
Maintain one's protein intake, or slightly lower it for cut, it's about 0.6*bodyweight[Kg] for one's protein intake on cut, it's important to keep the protein high as it's required for healthy cardiac facilities and for cell repair and growth. Whilst maintaining this diet one should continue one's lifting routine but stop or completely bring down the weights progression. By lifting big and frequently you will retain as much muscle as possible, whilst losing as much fast as possible.
From what I read 0.8g per pound of bodyweight up to 1.2g per pound of bodyweight is ideal for most athletes and bodybuilders based on studies. More protein in your diet actually helps with weight loss because of the thermic effect when your body burns it for fuel.

I really don't think it's possible to get fat from eating too much protein.

Melen

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
I really don't think it's possible to get fat from eating too much protein.
Well that's how the atkins diet works, protein calories are used as a source of energy in the absence of carbohydrates, and excess protein calories are simply expelled in the form of faeces, however protein calories are not as useful as carbohyderate calories.

So if your only source of protein is whey or fish, then you can't get fat from protein, that's why we eat lean meat rather than fatty meats, meats like venison, salmon, tuna, whey, pigeon and other lean meats which are low in fat are good, high fat cuts of meat will make you fat. Minced meat is a prime offender, always try and go for cuts.

Illuminatus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of crying over this post.

Have any fatties actually tried it and lost 42lbs in 4 weeks?

It's amusing that you guys think this spells the start of the new apocalypse, when in truth it actually leads to zero negative ramifications whatsoever (I have been on this diet for 8 weeks and have had no repercussions).

As much as your theory of dieting looks good on paper, it turns out it's a bunch of crap. :D

Zodiac

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Illuminatus said:
I've seen a lot of crying over this post.

Have any fatties actually tried it and lost 42lbs in 4 weeks?

It's amusing that you guys think this spells the start of the new apocalypse, when in truth it actually leads to zero negative ramifications whatsoever (I have been on this diet for 8 weeks and have had no repercussions).

As much as your theory of dieting looks good on paper, it turns out it's a bunch of crap. :D
There isn't any crying in this thread. You are promoting Anorexia which is unhealthy and should be illegal if it isn't already. You may not be feeling the effects now but eventually you will be.

If you truly are on this diet like you claim then then eventually we wont have to hear from you due to your death from malnutrition. I really hope you are a troll for your sake.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illuminatus said:
I have been on this diet for 8 weeks and have had no repercussions
Where is the evidence? I demand proof. You made the claim now I want you to show me and everyone else that what you have said is indeed true.

As much as your theory of dieting looks good on paper, it turns out it's a bunch of crap.
Prove everyone wrong, and prove that it is a "bunch of crap".

Melen said:
So if your only source of protein is whey or fish, then you can't get fat from protein, that's why we eat lean meat rather than fatty meats, meats like venison, salmon, tuna, whey, pigeon and other lean meats which are low in fat are good, high fat cuts of meat will make you fat. Minced meat is a prime offender, always try and go for cuts.
I'm not sure if fat is a problem either on a high protein diet. Meat can be like what 30% fat? That's not that much. Consider that the regular person gets far more fat and carbohydrates in their diet, and a higher proportion as well.

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
45-60 minutes of EASY jogging 3 times a week. Every other, other day. You can throw in 2 days of EASY jogging in between the longer sessions if you feel your body can take it, 15-30 minutes. If you're overly tired you are doing it wrong....slow waaaaaaay down on the longer runs...you should feel as if you could run for another 20 minutes or so at the end.

You should feel "pleasantly tired" at the end of these. You should not feel pain in any way, if you do you need to slow it down until you feel no pain. The old saying no pain no gain is idiotic.

I won't even go into what happens when you run hard day after day. But it's not good.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to agree with the eating once thing. It's just such a pain in the arse to eat 5 times a day, your constantly preoccupied with your diet, it sucks. I eat two chicken breasts for lunch with rice and beans and i'm done for the day. Lost about 25 lbs like this, and I feel just fine. Every health nut swears im killing myself. I dont care I look great and feel great.

Illuminatus

Don Juan
Reaction score
SgtSplacker said:
I have to agree with the eating once thing. It's just such a pain in the arse to eat 5 times a day, your constantly preoccupied with your diet, it sucks. I eat two chicken breasts for lunch with rice and beans and i'm done for the day. Lost about 25 lbs like this, and I feel just fine. Every health nut swears im killing myself. I dont care I look great and feel great.

Exactly. A few of my friends are on the diet following my recommendation and all are doing fine, and have had similar results.

Health Nazis need to re-evaluate their hang-ups against reality. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.