The Power of Walking

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been going through some mental hurdles.
2 weeks ago I started walking 5.5 miles everyday at the local park.
Straight up walking fast pace with arms naturally swinging at each side.
Takes me 1 hour and 10 minutes every morning on an empty stomach.

Your mind is like an operating system and you have to clear the cache.
One powerful way to clear your mental cache is through walking. I gather my thoughts and just walk. I’m also noticing that I think and speak more fluid during the day after the morning walk. My mental health is thriving.

I have also incorporated a back/hip/hamstring and pelvic floor yoga stretch routine daily (frog pose,yogi squat, happy baby, cobra, walking dog pose etc). Better erections by a long shot.

walking is primal and therapeutic.

Last edited:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm doing only half that distance but my erection has become so strong that my lovers complain of bruised cervix. Anything I can do about that?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Walking is awesome until you mess up your foot or your leg. Always make sure you have a car for when this happens or else your life is going to suck.

But yes, walking has many benefits as OP described.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Billy,
"Walking is awesome until you mess up your foot or your leg"...Yup it's Billy not Silly LOL...You are soo right,I had bilateral prosthetic hips done 14 years ago and they are going arthritic again,I have a pendant Pedometer to ensure I dont do more than five miles a Day....A bike's the go,it not only gently exercises but provides nutrients by stimulating the sinovial glands that feed and lubricate the joints....A stationary one is fine too,you can watch DVD's to relieve the tedium.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
No idea how you are walking that fast unless you are almost running...fastest I have ever walked was like 4 mph and that was power walking where I was almost run walking. But damn man, that's really moving.

My typical pace is around 3.5-3.6 mph which is a brisk walk.

Walking is great for a lot of things including burning fat.

As part of my workout routine I use a walking pad while working and do 3 1-hour sessions throughout the day at 2.2-2.6 mph and a 4% incline which gives me about 16-17K steps and then 45 minutes on an elliptical at between 4.0-4.5 mph which adds another 6.5K in there so my daily totals Are usually in the 23-25K range for steps.

Keep it up, you will see tremendous benefits with consistently doing it.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Walking is amazing LISS cardio. It improves nutrient partitioning in a bulk, and helps steepen a deficit when cutting (without sacrificing recovery... if anything, marginally improving it).

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Walking is amazing LISS cardio. It improves nutrient partitioning in a bulk, and helps steepen a deficit when cutting (without sacrificing recovery... if anything, marginally improving it).
Yup, walking has been a huge component of my success at dropping weight and body fat over the last year. The speed at which it picked up pace once I started walking more was astounding.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup, walking has been a huge component of my success at dropping weight and body fat over the last year. The speed at which it picked up pace once I started walking more was astounding.
My coach (paid) has walking as the main form of cardio for me while we're getting me leaned out to 8%, give or take. There are other forms, but step counting is the primary method at the moment.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No idea how you are walking that fast unless you are almost running...fastest I have ever walked was like 4 mph and that was power walking where I was almost run walking. But damn man, that's really moving.

My typical pace is around 3.5-3.6 mph which is a brisk walk.

Walking is great for a lot of things including burning fat.

As part of my workout routine I use a walking pad while working and do 3 1-hour sessions throughout the day at 2.2-2.6 mph and a 4% incline which gives me about 16-17K steps and then 45 minutes on an elliptical at between 4.0-4.5 mph which adds another 6.5K in there so my daily totals Are usually in the 23-25K range for steps.

Keep it up, you will see tremendous benefits with consistently doing it.
Interesting. Yes I’m trying to bank on the mental benefits.
you said something key that I should highlight. Power walking. That is what I do. Just walking fast. The apocalypse could hit the city but I don’t stop I keep going. Maybe that is why I complete the 5.5 miles in that time frame.
Today I decided to jog after walking about 2 miles. I don’t know I just had the burning desire to run.
I continued jogging for the rest of the 3.5 miles. That runner’s high hit different.
How should I incorporate running ? 2-3 times a week?
I plan on still walking everyday.

Last edited:

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Walking is awesome until you mess up your foot or your leg. Always make sure you have a car for when this happens or else your life is going to suck.

But yes, walking has many benefits as OP described.
Years back when I was training I sprained my left ankle twice in different occasions because I tried to run after dark here in Mexico. I hopped on foot back to pad. 3rd world streets and I should have known better. I was in crutches for days. That was a b!tch.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I won't underplay the importance of walking as a fitness, especially since you don't need 'equipment', so for exercise I walk, I swim and I ride bicycles everywhere. However, since my city is not conducive to 'exercise walking', I have a motor-less treadmill at home (being monocular can make me trip over loose pavement stones, et cetera), but I do most of my exercise riding bicycles everyday, both for pleasure cruising around the city and for groceries/shopping. On important thing is that cycling is easier for me than walking and less risky with regards to injuries to my ankles and knees which were damaged in the past.

I was curious about which is 'better'; walking or cycling and found this video explaining the difference in benefits.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm doing only half that distance but my erection has become so strong that my lovers complain of bruised cervix. Anything I can do about that?
I rather have women complain about teared up cervixes than to complain about a small d!ck not causing some damage. Always leave a mark on em. I will never quit air pumping.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I won't underplay the importance of walking as a fitness, especially since you don't need 'equipment', so for exercise I walk, I swim and I ride bicycles everywhere. However, since my city is not conducive to 'exercise walking', I have a motor-less treadmill at home (being monocular can make me trip over loose pavement stones, et cetera), but I do most of my exercise riding bicycles everyday, both for pleasure cruising around the city and for groceries/shopping. On important thing is that cycling is easier for me than walking and less risky with regards to injuries to my ankles and knees which were damaged in the past.

I was curious about which is 'better'; walking or cycling and found this video explaining the difference in benefits.

Cycling and walking are both excellent. I’d say cycling is “better” as exercise and a mode of transportation. It is also more mechanically efficient.

Walking is safer and more accessible. Anyone with a working lower body can do it.

I do both. I cycle outside on a road bike 1-2 times a week for an hour or so. I also walk 7-8K steps per day in barefoot shoes, usually in 3 daily walks. I use them to break up the monotony behind a desk.