The Phone Game

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I really hate the phone game.

Girls use it as a straight up manipulation tool to try and play games and make you do more chasing.

The girl is a girl I have been out on a few dates with recently. We have really hit if off. We have kissed, met some of her friends etc. So, I know she isnt just playing total games with me.

However, sometimes she will answer when I call. Sometimes she will wait a day, when I know she probably isnt doing too much when I have called her.

This just pisses me off. I dont really know the point of posting this other than to vent some frustration over calling her and having her wait and wait to call back.

This isnt like a number I got with a girl I just met. Those callbacks take time. This is from a girl that I have already gone on two dates with.

Why must girls insist on waiting to return calls. All I did today was call and say whats up and told her to give me a ring back. I said it in other words of course.

How many of you have girls that play phone games with you, but you know they actually like you and do want to continue dating.

When I get her on the phone or we are out she says all the right things. She says that I am a 'good one'. Meaning I have my stuff together and come off as genuine.

Why do girls wait and wait. What do you guys to do make that stop. I think girls do this more when they like a guy. Maybe I am wrong.

Your thoughts?

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I feel ya, but the trick is to have backup. For instance, if you have 5 chics talking to you, and they're all playing the same game, you'll be getting calls regularly (e.g., Vicki = Monday; Tasha = Tuesday; Nicole = Wednesday; Monica = Thursday; Donna = Friday). Get the picture? You choose to put yourself in this position by investing all/most of your interest on this one chic. These girls have other options, so should you, so get with the program and beat them at their own game, my man.

Scought

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
True.

Most guys toss in the obligatory, 'oh, i have other girls' comment. But mine is legit. I do have another girl I hang out with but she isnt as good looking/fun as this one.

Its not a matter of 'if' she will call back, but more like how long will she wait.

Its a stupid stupid game. I'll I want to do is schedule a date for next week. Pretty simple.

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The less important you are to them the more time she'll take her time in responding to you

And I don't believe in "backups" or even mentioning "I have other girls" - A person who has a "LIFE" would have no need to tell others they are busy nor have other girls.

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: The Phone Game

Originally posted by DonJuanMonk
The less important you are to them the more time she'll take her time in responding to you

And I don't believe in "backups" or even mentioning "I have other girls" - A person who has a "LIFE" would have no need to tell others they are busy nor have other girls.
I never said he should tell her that. I basically paraphased an age-old axiom, stating that he shouldn't put all his eggs into one basket.

JH6

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: The Phone Game

Originally posted by AmIAFC
I never said he should tell her that. I basically paraphased an age-old axiom, stating that he shouldn't put all his eggs into one basket.

Good post I coudn't agree more.

Get a bunch of girls, and date them all at once, and pick the one you like the best for a serious relationship, or just play the game, and date them all.

Its really not as hard as it seems, i'm a geeky type guy, and my cell is loaded with contacts, and just this weekend alone I dated three different girls.