The Perception of Authority: The Influence of Judging Others in Conversations

jhonny9546

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In a conversation, talking and judging other people's lives when they are not present automatically elevates your status, as it gives the impression that you know how life should work correctly. Consequently, those who hear about these judgments, in that conversation, may perceive you as competent and experienced in life, leading them to seek your advice or opinions.

Talking and judging doesn't always mean that you will "judge" and "bully" the person who is the subject of the conversation, but it could happen

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In a conversation, talking and judging other people's lives when they are not present automatically elevates your status, as it gives the impression that you know how life should work correctly.
Talking and gossiping behing someone's back actually lowers your status.

Consequently, those who hear about these judgments, in that conversation, may perceive you as competent and experienced in life, leading them to seek your advice or opinions.
Gossips are generally mistrusted. You hear them talk about others and you know they're probably talking about you when you're not there either.

When I'm around gossiping people, I study the listeners to see how they respond, so I know who else I cannot trust with private issues.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro this post is absolute horse shet.

If you're going to talk about someone behind their back, talk about them only in a positive light.

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only speak about others as if they are there hearing what you have to say. That way, you can cultivate some integrity in your life and not turn out to be one of those gossipers. This sounds like some male hamster **** that tries to rationalize being gossipy like what women do.