The only difference between "alpha" and "beta"..

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
..Is willingness to fail. And not taking life too seriously. I dislike the terms because they imply absolutes and are used for a variety of different meanings, but it comes down to this.

The beta wants comfort and security, he needs to be reassured and coddled. He wants to know that everything will be okay, that he will be liked and accepted.

But this ultimately makes him miserable for several reasons, and so after awhile he may take a risk. If he is strong enough he may endure failure and despair long enough to become better. This is why when you approach a woman (provided you're decent and not a total creep) and even if she rejects you, there is still an acknowledgement of your power there. You may not be her type, but she respects the initiative you took and the strength it represents.

This goes for anything.. Women, business, sports, meditation, etc. We can only become stronger when we will repeatedly throw our ego off a cliff and jump naked into the world. The alpha (or DJ, or zen master or whatever you want to call it) knows that life will catch him one way or another, and he will grow and learn from the jump. The beta will stay in his comfortable little routine and avoid making a scene, for fear of failure or being judged.

So it isn't that some men are born alpha and some are born beta, we all have some of both qualities inside. How we conduct ourselves each moment and each day, and whether we look at ourselves truly, is for each one of us to decide.

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alphas make the world conform to them. Betas conform to the world.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The manosphere in general gets too wrapped up in the whole alpha/beta thing. What they generally mean is don't be a pvssy, but that isn't really what alpha/beta means.

Alpha is a position, not a mindset. The alpha male is usually challenged and replaced by a beta in the tribe, who then becomes the alpha.

I have to admit that the original post is the first time I have seen the alpha described as a "zen master" though. As time goes on, the word alpha has grown to absorb all possible positive qualities, and the word beta has grown to absorb all possible negative qualities. It's like DO BE what Harry Alpha does, and DON'T BE what Billy Beta does. It serves its purpose as a teaching tool, but beyond that I wouldn't get too sucked into it.

mikey2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
The manosphere in general gets too wrapped up in the whole alpha/beta thing. What they generally mean is don't be a pvssy, but that isn't really what alpha/beta means.

Alpha is a position, not a mindset. The alpha male is usually challenged and replaced by a beta in the tribe, who then becomes the alpha.

I have to admit that the original post is the first time I have seen the alpha described as a "zen master" though. As time goes on, the word alpha has grown to absorb all possible positive qualities, and the word beta has grown to absorb all possible negative qualities. It's like DO BE what Harry Alpha does, and DON'T BE what Billy Beta does. It serves its purpose as a teaching tool, but beyond that I wouldn't get too sucked into it.
Define being a pvssy? If my wife cheated on me for a whole year and I took her back does this make me a pvssy or does it mean I truly love her ?

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another attempt to paint a pretty picture of the world with words and have it all neatly wrapped up so that everything makes sense and is comfortable for the op.

Wait, isn't being comfortable a beta quality?

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mikey2012 said:
Define being a pvssy? If my wife cheated on me for a whole year and I took her back does this make me a pvssy or does it mean I truly love her ?
If you loved your wife you would forgive her.

If you took her back you would be a fool.

Nobody respects a fool and it would only be a matter of time before she was sucking on someone else's c0ck. Someone she respects.

zorg198

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No ,it mean you are an idiot . i learned that taking back a woman who cheat , don't respect you makes you an idiot and you lose your own dignity.

Joe.

Moroder

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am so tired of this "alpha" and "beta" crap. Ever heard of the concept of being cool? You are cool if you don't give a fück whether others think you are cool.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jurry said:
..Is willingness to fail. And not taking life too seriously. I dislike the terms because they imply absolutes and are used for a variety of different meanings, but it comes down to this.

The beta wants comfort and security, he needs to be reassured and coddled. He wants to know that everything will be okay, that he will be liked and accepted.

But this ultimately makes him miserable for several reasons, and so after awhile he may take a risk. If he is strong enough he may endure failure and despair long enough to become better. This is why when you approach a woman (provided you're decent and not a total creep) and even if she rejects you, there is still an acknowledgement of your power there. You may not be her type, but she respects the initiative you took and the strength it represents.

This goes for anything.. Women, business, sports, meditation, etc. We can only become stronger when we will repeatedly throw our ego off a cliff and jump naked into the world. The alpha (or DJ, or zen master or whatever you want to call it) knows that life will catch him one way or another, and he will grow and learn from the jump. The beta will stay in his comfortable little routine and avoid making a scene, for fear of failure or being judged.

So it isn't that some men are born alpha and some are born beta, we all have some of both qualities inside. How we conduct ourselves each moment and each day, and whether we look at ourselves truly, is for each one of us to decide.
This whole "Alpha" vs "Beta" thing is ridiculous bro.

There is really only two titles you should even acknowledge, Winner and Loser. A DJ is a state of mind so that shouldn't even be a title for anyone to give or take in my opinion. The thing about this "Alpha/Beta" thing is that people will label one thing as "Beta" and the other as "Alpha" resulting in a stupid discussion about pointless labels. For example, I give flowers to a girl. It would be deemed "Beta." But if it were to actually work, then I would be rationalized as an "Alpha." When in reality, there are many factors that made that gesture work in your favor resulting in you 'Winning this round' so to speak. If she goes ghost after the gesture, then I simply Lost. Watching out if your actions are "too beta" or some sort is not exactly the best piece of advice because there is simply a time and a place along with levels/indicators of interest. "Romantic Gestures" are not "Beta" if they are used right. So instead of ridding all of those "weak" behaviors all together, we really should be preaching just when to and not to use them.

Self improvement, or getting to a DJ state of mind, has nothing to do with anybody else except you. You should not be bending over backwards for anybody because by the time you develop a sense of confidence and purpose, you will have more respect for yourself and your standards. That level of realization should serve as your frame to not only women but to everyone and everything you encounter/believe in. If you feel bad about yourself and what you're doing then you are simply a loser at yourself. If you fail often with women then you are typically a loser when it comes to women. Realizing that you lose at something is detrimental to your improvement next time. Even when you win at something you should always be nit picking what you did right and the little things that you did wrong. There is no perfect "Alpha" or perfectly weak "Beta." That sh*ts all in your head.

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats the whole point of my post, they are just words with many meanings. There are no absolute betas or alphas, it is an attitude and behavior. To swap it out and say DJ or winner/loser is just a difference in terms, we're all talking about the same thing.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:

I agree with zekko. The scientific definition of alpha is "leader of the group". There can be many reasons why one ends up being an alpha...maybe he's physically stronger than everyone else, maybe he's got more balls, maybe he's the most cunning, maybe he's got the right connections or maybe he's an alpha by default because no one else wants to lead. Many real-life "alphas" have qualities that most people would consider "beta". Look at Obama for example. The leader of the world's most powerful nation, yet he's subservient to his unattractive, bossy wife and generally comes across as effeminate and somewhat of a pushover.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mikey2012 said:
Well, that would make you a cuckold at least. I know some relationships survive some pretty weird sh!t, but I mean damn, have some self respect, you know? If there were some really extreme mitigating circumstances maybe the relationship might survive, but I can't imagine what those could possibly be.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mikey2012 said:
Alphas make the world conform to them. Betas conform to the world.
Not true. Betas conform to the world. Alphas conform to themsleves. They may stick out from society and others may not approve of them, but he doesn't care, because he approves of himself. And that is why others who are unsure of themselves will follow him. It might seem like the world conforms to him, but it doesn't. HIS world conforms to him.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
sylvester the cat said:
Another attempt to paint a pretty picture of the world with words and have it all neatly wrapped up so that everything makes sense and is comfortable for the op.

Wait, isn't being comfortable a beta quality?
jurry is basically just parroting back the no-brainer sh!t which is echoed here ad nauseam. It's the actual words "alpha" and "beta" she doesn't like. It always boils down to the same thing every single time with all these chicks incognito and manginas that post here. You'll notice they don't seem to mind reading about the traits that separate the men from the mouth breathing hivemind but rather the actual words "alpha" and "beta" tends to send them into conniption fits. They hate it for some reason. It's the same thing every time, you see it over and over again.

There was thread here awhile back discussing how sh!tlibs hate black and white thinking. They want to keep that grey area femcentric safety net where eqwaaality is the buzzword of the day and nobody is accountable for anything and I guess putting an actual name to traits and patterns commonly seen in leaders of men (aka "alphas") is just too abrupt for them, hence why they have such a problem with it. I'll endeavour to find it if I can. This I believe is related to what we see here so often.

Personally I don't use the alpha/beta term that often only because of all the single mother/herb father raised teenagers tend to overuse it and have no idea outside of Jay Z lyrics what actually makes an "alpha", but if I see a poster who I know knows the score and he say's something like "I was AMOG'd" or "this beta kept hanging around us all night" I get the basic jist of what he's trying to say and I don't need to start a massive thread on the evils of alpha/beta descriptors. Our jurry if you haven't noticed is a SJW and they thrive on "here's why that's a problem" sh!t-posts like these.

Last edited:

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol love how your posts are always written as if you are appealing to the audience, like anyone even read your response besides me and you.

I dont see how this is a massive thread about the evils of alpha/beta or even presenting it as a problem at all, slow new years for you?

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
I agree this post of yours is not as pozzed as your other big hits such as:

* The manosphere is evil because it made my cat cry.

* White men are bad because 50's housewives cooked and nurtured children and stuff.

* The pay gap is REAL bigotlords!!

* The cubicle and you. How shuffling papers in a make work job is vital to a thriving economy.

But as sylvester already alluded to it's still you trying to make sense of the scary man words and spread the feeeelz of a sh!tlib dystopia where everybody is right and nothing is wrong so lets all go to the pet food superstore and get some goodies for our "kids". amirite?

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
I agree this post of yours is not as pozzed as your other big hits such as:

* The manosphere is evil because it made my cat cry.
Lol yes that was the main takeaway of that post..

Octogonal

Don Juan
Reaction score
jurry said:
You are wrong because men are indeed either born an alpha or a beta. A true alpha is a natural inherited trait that few men truly posses. It can't be learned as fake alphas try to mimic those traits but fail miserably. Not every man can be a true leader, that comes from the inherited traits you have. Alphas are true leaders that other men try to copy. Men can't fake something that is natural to another man, it isn't real. That's what most of these fake alphas try to do, they try to copy others pretending to be one.

( . )( . ) said:
White men are bad because 50's housewives cooked and nurtured children and stuff.
Nothing wrong with that. Poon King doesn't like or believe in 50's housewives cooking and nuturing children and stuff. He says that stuff is NOT natural, even though that is what women should be doing today for their man and have done throughout the ages of time.

jurry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Octogonal said:
You are wrong because men are indeed either born an alpha or a beta. A true alpha is a natural inherited trait that few men truly posses. It can't be learned
Thats your opinion which has no scientific support, but in any given group there will be an alpha. It comes down to confidence and assertion, and someone who may not be confident on one scenario may be in another. And someone who is not confident can learn to be through experience.