Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The online dating profile contest

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't have to read very far before something became apparent. Namely, the winning profiles are a boring, uncreative persons idea of what a good profile ought to look like (gee, who could I be talking about?!). It's the same reason why shows like American Idol manage to pull such huge ratings - they have broad, mainstream appeal, but just because something is popular, it doesn't necessarily follow that it's any good.

I've met some pretty discerning women online and I can promise you they'd find the three winning examples pretty gag-worthy. But, nauseating pap like that might work just fine on less discriminating women. Additionally, I don't doubt that even in a competition like this there would be a huge disconnect between what women say they like, and what they actually act on.

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to expand on that, you can be fairly sure that the winners won because they had mild appeal to a large number of women. Mild appeal might get you new contacts, or help you win a "best profile" competition, but it's not going to get you laid.

A shorter, more polarising profile is going to screen for intense like/dislike. Intense appeal to a smaller group of women is going to result in more lays than lukewarm appeal to a larger group of women. If you're not alienating anybody with your profile, the "flavour" isn't strong enough yet. Strong flavours, intense like/dislike. Get it?

SamTheHobit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like online dating has any significance.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A blank profile with a picture of a handsome man with abs trumps any of those lame profiles any day.

And what's funny is that it would get "bad reviews" because the guy would be seen as "arrogant" for showing off his body and all. Yet the first women to message him would be these "judges". Guaranteed. :crackup: