The Official Boot Camp Results Thread

ItWasntMe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys. Great to see the large amount of people that are interested in doing the boot camp together in order to achieve the goal of becoming a true DJ. This thread is for you to post your results, ideas, support for others, whatever that is related to the boot camp. Today Monday July 9, 2007 is the official starting day of the boot camp however if you began earlier you may also post your results in this thread. All are welcome however it is preferred that you are in high school with the summer off so that we all can relate to each other's experiences. I unfortunately was unable to go out today because I work really late so reading for me tonight but I will be starting tomorrow. There is no specific format for posting your results as of yet (I doubt we'll need one anyways) so good luck everyone and let's get started! :)

Ganji

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in.

I already have a pretty rigid schedule but I'm always open for more advice.

Afterall, help is like sex. Take it whenever and wherever you can get it.

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well I find lookign at random ppl ok but saying his is a bit off, have had lots of eye contact today, no probs with eye contact for me, only had a couple occassions when I looked away becaus eI wasnt being concious of my eye contact but overall 95% of it was easy they always looked away first, as for the his I made eye contact with 1 lady and said hi cause she smiled, a pretty hot lady :p so 1/50 his, I'll get lots tomorrow pushing my confort zone..

just added 3 more his to thta today 4/50 his, assuming peopel who are barely acquainces count

ItWasntMe

Don Juan
Reaction score
The more random the people the better. There's nothing wrong with being friendly as long as you don't act like a stalker. Lol almost wrote stoner there :p. I pm'ed all the mods asking them to sticky the thread so it should be stickied by tomorrow. Ganji welcome. I work pretty much every day (except the weekend) in construction so it's hard for me to get out too much (still go to the movies and the mall with friends though lol).

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, from now on, ONLY people who are posting results can post in here. All other posts will be deleted. If you have a question, PM a moderator.

Good luck and enjoy.

elmnick

Don Juan
Reaction score
That was not as easy as I thought

Did the first eye contact exercise which was mostly good, and didm't feel too weird, I did find though that if I started staring at them too early then when they looked up I looked down, so meeting their eye contact when closer to them was more natural feeling
saying hi was not m priority, but I tried to, and didn't do very well, I got five hi's in an hour, and found it much easier in places where it was less busy, and when people were not in groups, and none of the hi's were to girls I would have any interest in. Also I only said hi to people who I had already established eye contact with and most people don't hold eye contact so make it more difficult to say hi to
overall, not great, but at least I've started

also, what are we meant to be posting, is this the right type of thing? or should we just do one post at the end of the week? any opinions

Last edited:

Ganji

Don Juan
Reaction score
Improvement, even a little bit, is still improvement. Good job Elmnick.

My day went well, I poked fun at a girl, and I didn't know where to go from there...so I kept teasing her.

Is there a next step? It was fun and I did an excellent job at complementing her (when teasing touched her insecurities) and things went well.

Too bad she has a boyfriend. Oh well, flirting is harmless.

Bryce556

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
6/50 hi's, trying to keep eyecontact and smileing, im goina try talking to some of them i say hi too also cause hi's are easy for me.

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
added 7 more his today that makes 11/50 his, did well on eye contact tried to keep my status and notice a difference on how ppl were reacting to me, they were a lot more friendly when I was actng high status and keeping good eye contact I used to think it would intimidate them, spent the whole day practising the eye contact so far

GaryUranga

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
added 7 more his today, they were really RANDOM ppl, it was people who Ive seen before but are more of acquaince/only seen them a few times, worked all day on my eye contact, noticed people were a lot friendlyer when I kept my status using my eye contact not lookign away I used to think theyd be weirded out had 3 convos too with 2 strangers and 1 acquaince, the one that lasted more was with the acquaince, we tlaked for liek 10mins+ with the starngers I barely hit the 2min mark (I know thtas for next week but meh)

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had Laser Eye surgery yesterday, so i have been either asleep or kinda blind, or both. I started conversations with two cab drivers, and some random girls that were standing there on the clinic.Pretty normal and easy so far. 4/50

I've seen somethiong weird with saying Hi. many people dont answer back for some reason. Maybe they're in a hurry?

Ganji

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nervous or you do it right as they pass you and they barely have time to smile.

Nygard

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No, i'm not nervous at all. and i'm sure many of them had plenty of time in the bus.I suspect sheer rudeness.
I also think that people here are way too paranoid, and this makes it harder to meet new people, let me explain:
I live in Medellin, in Colombia. This city used to be the most dangerous city in the world many years ago.(It's a lot safer now, tourists dont even get a single problem, no more kidnapping)
And in average, 1 of 4 inhabitants are mugged each year (Mostly on the poor neighbourhoods) , at least once. Many people are afraid and they dont trust in each other. In fact, in the US, you wont see Colombians living close as the mexicans do because we dont wanna have another Colombia living nearby(except in Queens, NY).Some people try to minimize the danger of getting robbed or something else by not talking to anybody in the streets, or even avoiding people.
I overcame this not long ago, but many people have not, and they would answer me with an sneer when I say Hi. However, some people are very friendly and would even start a conversation.

Yusaark

Don Juan
Reaction score
well my first result thread. the first 3 weeks seemed pretty easy to me... and so far so good. I said Hi to 56 people today downtown...

Yusaark

Don Juan
Reaction score
looking at what other people say I also think its important to note that I live in Canada where I think people generally try to be friendly... although I did get a few dirty looks.

Touchout

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yusaark said:
the first 3 weeks seemed pretty easy to me... and so far so good.

Same, their really just to weed out the people who aren't going to follow through with the tougher weeks it seems.

Anyways I got in around 8 hi's, nothing special, but I didn't really go out of my way, I just said hi to people passing on the sidewalk or in a store or something.

8/50

sam3083

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I got to 30 hi's, by just walking around a shopping mall. It was really easy actually, just constantly going up to people, very rarely did people ignore me (maybe thats australia, also the mall wasn't very busy, nice relaxed feeling.

To finish off I should just target girls my own age to make it more of a challenge.