Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The official Acne thread [Merged threads]

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
simon said:
Unless your skin is really resilient, BP combined with Accutane will irritate and dry you out to hell and back. If you insist on combining the two, look into using emu oil as a moisturiser; it's much more anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant than jojoba.
Oh, yeah I know about the dryness thing, I've been warned getting heavily dry lips and possibly nose (which can lead to nosebleeds) so I carry around a little moisturizer with me always.

I'm only using BP+jojoba oil til next weekend (that'll be only 1 week into accutane) because I really need to get better skin by then! Don't ask... lol.

Simon were you on accutane before?

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you guys are having troubles with really dry skin, you should try emu oil. That stuff is a freakin GREAT moisturizer (it's the only thing that keeps my hands nice and pretty when it gets really cold and dry), and it absorbs really fast.

Ratisson

Don Juan
Reaction score
i was readin this thread and just decided to post my experience. Ive have acne since 14, im now 22. It was very Very bad around age 15-17. Still living with moderate acne. Been on Accutane 3 times now. I just got off the 3rd one in April. around a couple months ago though the zits started coming back (july/august). At this time i said fvck it. I am trying everything to get rid of them. I did some trial and error methods and found that Chocolate has been one of the major causes of my acne. Despite what doctors tell you that eating chocolate is a myth. I will say this, It is NOT a MYTH. At least not for me. I use to be that person that everyone would tell me that "u shouldnt eat junk food, thats the reason ur getting them". U use to tell these people to **** off. But ive started to realize that it is true. I have been off chocolate now for almost a month, and my face is getting a lot better. So i just wanted to add this to the thread that clear skin is not able what ur taking in (i.e fruits, veggie) its also about what ur not taking in (ie. chocolate and other junk). I Will Not Eat Chocolate Ever Again, Until i know that im at that stage where eating it will not cause acne.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zerix said:
False.

and wolf, thanks but no thanks, mine isn't just mild to moderate, it's becoming kinda severe now, but I will still do the BP+jojoba, or just the jojoba alone, I searched a lot on it, sounds too good to be true haha but it should work fine
Your kidding! your using accutain for moderate acne. This formula has cleared 4 guys I know with moderate acne instantly! I is really that good. Just try the erythromycin. Your face will clear faster if you use this then if you use accutain because accutain aggravates your acne before it clears it!

Are you taking the B5? If you want clear skin fast your going about it the wrong way.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ratisson said:
i was readin this thread and just decided to post my experience. Ive have acne since 14, im now 22. It was very Very bad around age 15-17. Still living with moderate acne. Been on Accutane 3 times now. I just got off the 3rd one in April. around a couple months ago though the zits started coming back (july/august). At this time i said fvck it. I am trying everything to get rid of them. I did some trial and error methods and found that Chocolate has been one of the major causes of my acne. Despite what doctors tell you that eating chocolate is a myth. I will say this, It is NOT a MYTH. At least not for me. I use to be that person that everyone would tell me that "u shouldnt eat junk food, thats the reason ur getting them". U use to tell these people to **** off. But ive started to realize that it is true. I have been off chocolate now for almost a month, and my face is getting a lot better. So i just wanted to add this to the thread that clear skin is not able what ur taking in (i.e fruits, veggie) its also about what ur not taking in (ie. chocolate and other junk). I Will Not Eat Chocolate Ever Again, Until i know that im at that stage where eating it will not cause acne.
Why can't people just read the first few pages? We know junk food aggravates acne. I could only become fully clear after dropping wheat and milk from my diet.

Have you tried the formula given by Jonwon at the start of this thread?
It works!

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Your kidding! your using accutain for moderate acne. This formula has cleared 4 guys I know with moderate acne instantly! I is really that good. Just try the erythromycin. Your face will clear faster if you use this then if you use accutain because accutain aggravates your acne before it clears it!

Are you taking the B5? If you want clear skin fast your going about it the wrong way.
I wouldn't really say moderate, probably a bit more than that.

Anyone ever use Tea Tree Oil? I read that it had same effect as BP 5% just took a bit longer.

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zerix, quit putting up excuses and try the damn formula.

It cleared my face up and I had acne since grade six.

Why are you looking for alternatives without trying it?

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you even considered these yet???

Accutane side effects:

Although some of the side effects associated with the use of Isotretinoin are mild and tolerable (dry lips, dry eyes, nosebleeds, extremely dry skin, increased sensitivity to the sun and thinning hair) there is in fact a long list of serious side effects that have been reported due to the use of Accuttane which persisted even after the drug therapy was stopped. Among those are:
Severe aches and pains in the lower back and large joints, severe allergy reactions that include moderate rashes and difficulty to breath, vision problems, hearing loss, permanent liver damage, persistent migraines and headaches and skeletal hyperostosis which is an excessive bone growth that occurs along the sides of the spine.

But perhaps, the two most bothersome of all Accutane side effects are its potential to cause severe birth defects if taken by pregnant women or women that became pregnant while taking the drug and the suggested link between the intake of Accutane and the changes in mood, severe depression and suicidal thoughts.

girl_in_a_boy_forum

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had horrendously bad acne for years. (Face, back, chest...ugh.) My dermatologist kept putting me on creams like Retin-A or Differin that didn't work, but just made me red and peely. Finally I quite my dermatologist and went to my doctor, who put me on Accutane. I swear by it. I was on Accutane for 8 months and it cleared me up completely. Now I almost never get breakouts (only if I'm super stressed and haven't slept for a long time), and even then they're pretty minor breakouts.

As for the side effects, I used Cetaphil lotion, which is odorless, light, and doesn't clog your pores. When I used that, I didn't peel. Also, I took Accutane from September-April. During the winter there's generally less exposure to sunlight and sunburns/sensitive skin isn't much of a problem. But whenever I went outside I put on a bit of sunscreen and I was fine. I also got nosebleeds more frequently, but if you put some lotion up each nostril, you should be fine.

Other than that, I didn't experience any side effects. And I got monthly blood tests to check my liver and whatnot (required before receiving the next monthly dosage).

I wouldn't recommend Accutane for just anybody who has acne...it's a pretty strong medication. It's more like a last resort for the really stubborn stuff. But, God, does it work.

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
BluEyes said:
Have you even considered these yet???

Accutane side effects:
The side effects don't bother me. My dermatologist told me everything I needed to know trust me.

I'm gonna stay on it, especially since I already started few days ago and I purchased the damn thing.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am glad more and more poeple are taking the time to use this regieme.

And i can see all that have took it seriously have had positive results.

One last thing i will stress, try not to fall back into bad habbits, you will see your zits will have a posibility of coming back, if they do.

Go back to stage one and do it all again and CONTROL THAT DIET.

dont believe the agenda of the people who make millions on selling you creams, control you diet and use the creams suggested.

the creams will NOT WORK if you dont control your diet.

i am sorry to hear some have to resort to accutane, i hope it helps and you dont get any side effects, good luck with it.

Anyone wants to pm me, feel free to do so, but please dont waste my time asking questions about stuff that as already been posted.

Thanks

Please remove the idea that diet does not matter, i cant stress this enough, it is the BIGGEST FACTOR, the evidence on people who have overcome this is proof enough for that, some people simply cant process all the rubbish they put into there system.

Jonwon.

moto

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
For me ive been eating healthy for a while now. I even drink only water and lots of it. I did alot of trial and error with diet.....I dont even rememeber the last time i drank soda. I think my case was more genetic so I went on accutane as a last resort.

www.acne.org

everything you can find about acne.

lonewolf17

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just started the jojoba/bp/(subsituted syicilic 2.5% for the third) routine and my god. In ONE DAY I've already seen huge improvements. My skin just looks healthier and 'warmer', and my pores are smaller. I've already had someone comment on how my face looks better! And I've tried everything before, proactive, ect, nothing ever worked like it promised. I had BP and it helped, but the jojoba seems to be the key. And I read up on it and found you can put it in your hair too mixed with your conditioner and my HAIR is feeling healthier too! It's only been 3 days but already I think I can swear by this stuff!

The_Game

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also instead of that third cream used to kill bacteria

Use Honey!

Seriously its considered a antibiotic and will kill bacteria on the skin due to its thick conditions and less water that bacteria needs

As for my acne well, its not as bad as I first thought it was after seeing some pics etc

But I still hate haveing ocassional red marks and red spots everywere, I have about 6 red spots max and I've not used BP or Jojoba oil

Those will be the first things I'll buy once I get money

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since i am the author of this thread, i may request it deleting.

Why?

Because there is a far better solution out there and reading this again after a year, shows me there are many mistakes.

The solution I have found supercedes this 10fold and is actually easier to do, healthier and better for you and works to 100% everytime all the time.

But takes effort, if and when i post the new method up i'll be requesting this one to be removed, if thats ok.

Since it will clash with the new method and just confuse the issue.

Seeing the replies in this thread, makes me reflect on what a fuc**** acne is and i've just logged back in to see a few pm's asking for advice.

I have the solution but it will take some write up, i.e i need to find the time to write it up for you guys.

U

user43770

jonwon said:
Since i am the author of this thread, i may request it deleting.

Why?

Because there is a far better solution out there and reading this again after a year, shows me there are many mistakes.

The solution I have found supercedes this 10fold and is actually easier to do, healthier and better for you and works to 100% everytime all the time.

But takes effort, if and when i post the new method up i'll be requesting this one to be removed, if thats ok.

Since it will clash with the new method and just confuse the issue.

Seeing the replies in this thread, makes me reflect on what a fuc**** acne is and i've just logged back in to see a few pm's asking for advice.

I have the solution but it will take some write up, i.e i need to find the time to write it up for you guys.
Looking forward to it.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok just had a few pm's in 24 hours, naming no names i respect people privacy.

I'll try to write it up before 5pm today UK time.

At work currently, so i need to fit it around my work timetable.

But i should have it finished, hopefully. I understand Acne is a fu***** and i feel ya in wanting a solution ASAP.

Well i have it.

Stay tuned.

Ta.