The *No Contact* Challenge! ( Read this if you just got dumped)

Groverz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Holidays are ruff. Part of me was wishing I was with her on NYE, but somehow I ended up with a super hot chick and made out during the ball drop. But right now it's just a hot chick, no real connection which I miss. We still talk a bit, but not often and it's pretty quick texts. Been a few months since the breakup and feeling a ton better but still have some down times.

drakeramore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys,

A bit of a ridiculous notion I know, but have you noticed any astrological tendencies in your romantic lives (ie compatibility with a specific sun sign)? I think this is nonsense but my ex believed a lot in these things.

The reason I am asking is because I just looked at some love compatibility analysis of her sign and mine (I am an Aquarius, she - a Scorpio), and every website says that these two signs are romantically incompatible. Even all the reasons why match our relationship issues precisely. It is too accurate to be just an accident, it would seem.

Anyone here believing in this stuff?

cgr68311

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
Well I noticed her becoming distant with me and putting off meeting me. It seemed very sudden, but she also stopped saying "I love you" which she used to say all the time. I sensed something wasn't right and when she asked me for space, I took this at its worse and I decided to end things permanently. I wasn't going to allow myself to be strung along while she kept her options open.

She went straight onto a dating site and we ended up having a big argument where she blamed everything on me. She said how unsupportive I had been (which was totally untrue!) and how it was me who ended things during her time of need, and how I wasn't capable of handing responsibility...and she just made me out to be the bad guy.

I went no contact straight away. I wished her the best and wished her good luck on the dating site. I deleted her number and did my best to move on.

2 months later she contacted me saying how much she loved me, missed me, had never felt this way about anyone and would give anything to be with me. Like an idiot, I reciprocated and told her I felt the same. But then she backed off and said even though she meant it, she could never be with me again because we'd only break up again. She told me and her friend that she would never put herself in that position with me again where I could hurt her so much and said she felt let down by my lack of support and understanding. She told me how ill she had been due to her depression and made me feel awful.

She said she really wanted to see me again to clear the air. She even said she wanted to spend one more night with me, have sex, and implied she'd be up for being fvck buddies.

Again, I fell right into her manipulative games. I took on all the blame and allowed myself to become burdened with so much guilt. I wrote her a long letter basically apologising for my mistakes, telling her how much she had meant to me and trying to make her feel better.

I never got a reply or even a thank you to this letter. Then I found out she was seeing someone else. Apparently she hadn't dated anyone for the 2 months we had no contact and couldn't move on, but the moment I started to give in to her games, showed interest again and fed her ego, she moved on.

I'd been in a similar situation with a girl before going through depression. She left her boyfriend for me, but then turned against me and blamed me for their break up and ended up hating me, blaming me for her drink and drug problems etc.

It's been a hard lesson, but I recognise that I have always had these "white knight" tendencies and have always been a sucker for a "damsel in distress". But it always backfires on me. I've started reading, talking to friends and researching and I've learned that the damsel in distress routine is a very common manipulation tactic women use. They will often pin blame onto a guy to defer responsibility for themselves and to gain some kind of power over him. They'll cry and act helpless, because they know this will get them what they want.

Trust me mate. Learn to recognise this and it will save you a lot of pain and distress.

One important point I should add is that towards the beginning of the relationship I was a little more selfish. I would go round, spend the night with her, have sex and leave first thing the next day. I would leave her to do her own chores, and not offer to help. I told her I value quality time over quantity. She even moved house and I didn't help her move. And yet this worked! She was crazy about me! I always left her wanting more of me. She would text me all the time, talk to her friends and family about how in love she was and I was in control. She did express how she felt I wasn't a big enough part of her life and how she felt I used her for sex sometimes, but even so, she was so crazy about me there was absolutely no worry in my mind about her leaving me.

It's a harsh reality, but when you look out for your own interests and behave a little selfishly (not to an extreme of course), then women desire you and respect you more, but when you give in to what they want, try to do right by them, then they turn on you.
I loved reading about being selfish. It works. Back when I was 20 I dated then married an 18 yr old. All together we spent 1999-2002. I remember she used to not disrepect me but ocassionaly call me selfish. Yet she clinged to me as no other woman have. It is when I began attending church and learning how to be a nice christian husband that my AFC days began. I have been happily married since 2007 yet have had a good number of short term flings and never attached until this last one that strung me along for more than two monthsbefore putting out... I acknowledge I began quite assertive but ended up gaining sexual favors by doing tricks...shyt the economy is not that great tobe tricking fellas gotta work on your game

cgr68311

Don Juan
Reaction score
drakeramore said:
Guys,

A bit of a ridiculous notion I know, but have you noticed any astrological tendencies in your romantic lives (ie compatibility with a specific sun sign)? I think this is nonsense but my ex believed a lot in these things.

The reason I am asking is because I just looked at some love compatibility analysis of her sign and mine (I am an Aquarius, she - a Scorpio), and every website says that these two signs are romantically incompatible. Even all the reasons why match our relationship issues precisely. It is too accurate to be just an accident, it would seem.

Anyone here believing in this stuff?
Lol that horoscope cr@p says you are incompatible with almost everyone

Faith88

Reaction score
Day 10

Been 10 days since I started no contact, consequently 10 days since my ex called the cops on me and had me in jail over the Holidays.

It's funny the day I started no contact was the same day that she called the cops, she was a married woman. We broke up on the 17th, had sex on the 18th and yeah...

Told her Husband we were having sex, after we broke up. I Guess telling her I was going to upload videos of us having sex got to her and she made up all these false allegations against me.

She messaged me on the 30th saying she hopes the charges get dropped. And wishes me success, love and happiness in 2014. I actually have a court order not to talk to her so I legally can't contact even if I wanted to. Pretty brutal, some times I Feel really high, others I feel just super messed up inside.

Decided I was going to start pursuing my relationship with God again, starting a new job tomorrow, College next week.

Just blocked her on Facebook and I am constantly de-activing at re-activating my account. I need solidtude....I miss her alot but also want to send some incriminating photos to the husband...still feel like getting some revenge..

its tough.

jackson37

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel said:
Well I noticed her becoming distant with me and putting off meeting me. It seemed very sudden, but she also stopped saying "I love you" which she used to say all the time. I sensed something wasn't right and when she asked me for space, I took this at its worse and I decided to end things permanently. I wasn't going to allow myself to be strung along while she kept her options open.

She went straight onto a dating site and we ended up having a big argument where she blamed everything on me. She said how unsupportive I had been (which was totally untrue!) and how it was me who ended things during her time of need, and how I wasn't capable of handing responsibility...and she just made me out to be the bad guy.

I went no contact straight away. I wished her the best and wished her good luck on the dating site. I deleted her number and did my best to move on.

2 months later she contacted me saying how much she loved me, missed me, had never felt this way about anyone and would give anything to be with me. Like an idiot, I reciprocated and told her I felt the same. But then she backed off and said even though she meant it, she could never be with me again because we'd only break up again. She told me and her friend that she would never put herself in that position with me again where I could hurt her so much and said she felt let down by my lack of support and understanding. She told me how ill she had been due to her depression and made me feel awful.

She said she really wanted to see me again to clear the air. She even said she wanted to spend one more night with me, have sex, and implied she'd be up for being fvck buddies.

Again, I fell right into her manipulative games. I took on all the blame and allowed myself to become burdened with so much guilt. I wrote her a long letter basically apologising for my mistakes, telling her how much she had meant to me and trying to make her feel better.

I never got a reply or even a thank you to this letter. Then I found out she was seeing someone else. Apparently she hadn't dated anyone for the 2 months we had no contact and couldn't move on, but the moment I started to give in to her games, showed interest again and fed her ego, she moved on.

I'd been in a similar situation with a girl before going through depression. She left her boyfriend for me, but then turned against me and blamed me for their break up and ended up hating me, blaming me for her drink and drug problems etc.

It's been a hard lesson, but I recognise that I have always had these "white knight" tendencies and have always been a sucker for a "damsel in distress". But it always backfires on me. I've started reading, talking to friends and researching and I've learned that the damsel in distress routine is a very common manipulation tactic women use. They will often pin blame onto a guy to defer responsibility for themselves and to gain some kind of power over him. They'll cry and act helpless, because they know this will get them what they want.

Trust me mate. Learn to recognise this and it will save you a lot of pain and distress.

One important point I should add is that towards the beginning of the relationship I was a little more selfish. I would go round, spend the night with her, have sex and leave first thing the next day. I would leave her to do her own chores, and not offer to help. I told her I value quality time over quantity. She even moved house and I didn't help her move. And yet this worked! She was crazy about me! I always left her wanting more of me. She would text me all the time, talk to her friends and family about how in love she was and I was in control. She did express how she felt I wasn't a big enough part of her life and how she felt I used her for sex sometimes, but even so, she was so crazy about me there was absolutely no worry in my mind about her leaving me.

It's a harsh reality, but when you look out for your own interests and behave a little selfishly (not to an extreme of course), then women desire you and respect you more, but when you give in to what they want, try to do right by them, then they turn on you.
Hey man just wanted to say I really appreciate that story and can relate on some level, it seems acting a little selfish brings them in but when you go out to comfort them as the "white knight" for her depression you get used then tossed aside. Will definitely learn not to do that again, it just sucks cause I feel like thats my character.

Anyways, I've decided to contact her but only to tell her I've been thinking about things and decided that I need to do no contact in order for myself to heal. I guess some part of me is still soft and can't completely ignore her without saying anything because she keeps messaging me on multiple sites (email, phone, myspace, etc) and I just feel bad cause I'm doing this without saying anything.

I do assure you though after I tell her it will be a straight 60 days, I felt great these past couple days I did it and wish to continue to feel like that. By having her acknowledge my no contact rule it will help her get closure as well and hopefully we can both move on.

Good luck to all! I'll be in contact! :)

Reaction score
joker79 said:
guys, golden rule: one chance per girl per lifetime
Absolutely joker. We all get just ONE shot at life, and the woman only gets ONE shot with you. She should count her lucky fvcking stars to have that chance.

bateman72

Don Juan
Reaction score
drakeramore said:
Day #37

Hey, guys, just checking in. Happy New Year to all! I wish you and myself only great things happening to us this year, most importantly to remain in great health so that we have the opportunity to chase our dreams.

I spent all the holidays thinking about my ex, phantasizing about her, even in a sexual way, talking to her in my head, the works...

She did not contact me to wish me anything, neither did I. At one point I most likely would have had I not deleted her phone #.

She contacted me before the holidays - around two weeks ago asking me how I was and what my plans for the holidays were. Told me she thinks of me on occasion, sent me her hugs and told me she misses talking to me every now and then.

I maintain obviously the NC but still am eager for her to contact me. I have no other girls in sight at the moment which also does not help. Also, I constantly keep trying to analyze her words, why she contacted me in the first place asking me about the holidays - is she feeling guilty, is she bored, is she feeling sorry for me, does she regret leaving me in favour of the new guy she is currently living in (in another country no less). That kind of stuff - I keep revisiting these thoughts every moment I have free. Last night I even cried a little bit for her
totally feel for you here, I have spent many many hours analyzing and replaying conversations and events of the relationship. Although it may seem super unproductive, some of this thinking involves looking at your mistakes when you were with her, remembering moments when you might have "gone beta" and killed attraction.

It is ridiculously funny and pathetic - she is in another country, most likely living it up and enjoying herself while here I am - still pining over her and missing her and her closeness/touch like crazy.

That is why I am writing here as I don't want to get laughed at when I keep telling other people how much I miss her when it is evident she has decided to dump me and move on. I cannot get my head around it and rationalise how the othll she went from worshipping me even to treating me as if I was one of her let us say 10 closest friends. I am hurt, I will not hide it, and disillusioned with love, romance, soulmates, etc...

She never apologised for anything, now that I think of it I think I deserved a little apology for her not letting me in on what her plans were - it was cold on her part. I know I am a man and should not give a fvck but I do - I let her so close to me, I had never let anyone that close to me, most of the time I am quite aloof, distant and emotionless. But with her I was myself and believed her that she will never hurt me etc. I am quite sensitive which is a ***** in this world.

I keep waiting for my ex to apologize. I realized the apology I am waiting for is the kind of apology I would expect from a man who did me wrong and I will never get this from her. pretty girls can rationalize away all their behavior and have a big deep supportive network that will affirm her rationalizations. I have to let go of the desire for an apology and just resolve not to put myself in the same situation in the future

Also, she was my first girl and only one thus far and I am 28. A bit of a late bloomer. Really thought that she was the one and no other could compare. On a rational level, I know this is a ridiculous concept, more so now when she has left me, "her greatest love", to live with another guy. She refused to live with me back in the day when I offered it. (I offered it as she was moving in my city and did not have where to live at the beginning - I was not proactively pursuing it - I highly prize my independence and freedom).

Anyway, just letting my emotions fly here in this thread and venting as usual.

I have passed the half-mark of the 60 days challenge, yet it is still quite early for me to consider myself even remotely healed up and ready to move on.

I try to keep myself busy and work out. Working out especially helps two ways - you get your mind off things plus you see the results in the mirror and that boosts your confidence up, so it is indispensable to me at the moment.

Thanks for reading, guys!

I have spent a lot of time thinking about previous breakups in my life. I am quite a bit older than you so maybe some of this experience is useful to you. what I have realized is the greater the pain of my breakup the larger the positive life change it caused for me. some examples:

At the age of 23 I got dumped by my college sweetheart, I cried and suffered a year over this breakup. sent thousands of dollars in flowers and hundreds of letters to her.

When I finally moved on I went from making about 24k a year to about 140k a year and had a tremendously exciting international career. If we had stayed together I would probably still be in the same city working a boring middle class job and having a miserable normal suburban type lifestyle.

At the age of 36 I got divorced. I realize now that during the course of my marriage I became the worst kind of AFC beta non sexual herb. I would do anything to go back 15 years and live the kind of life I am living today. had my marriage not ended I would have remained an unsexy unfulfilled man.

a couple of years ago I broke up (voluntarily) with a very successful very sexy lady around my age. In the year following I gained about 10 lbs of muscle, improved my business, changed my wardrobe, and began banging hotter younger women. Really developed some tight game for the first time in my life.

this brings me to my current breakup. I have to say the pain I am feeling is closer to the first breakup I mentioned. Immense hurt. I believe that this breakup is going to really push me into an alltime high of professional and personal happiness.

jackson37

Don Juan
Reaction score
Day #1

For anyone who's been reading my story...

Contacted my ex earlier today and told her I would be doing no contact as I could not handle being friends and it actually felt good because it gave me a lot of closure since our breakup about 1 month ago. She said stuff like she's been missing me every day since then and will always love me, which made me feel like the power had shifted to my side since i sort of knew it devastated her that i would end all of our friendship (as we were best friends).

Also got some unnecessary info that she kissed some other dude on new years (which I sort of saw happening ahead of time but i wont get into that!) and the strangest thing is that since i had already closed the book on this part of my life (her)....it didnt bother me at all.

So heres to my start of no contact! :) I'll be in touch

RJ92156

Reaction score
Beginning the 60 days of NC and wanted to share my story.

Been talking to this girl since February 2013. We weren't officially BF/GF but it was pretty much that....talking every day over text, plenty of PDA at the bar (making out, hand holding, etc), dates, etc. This went on all summer although I always felt like she was playing games-- just little stuff- like we were making out all night at the bar and then I'd see her talking to another guy before I left. Anyway, we kept going at that rate, but slowly I was building up more and more frustration with "what" exactly we were but I was too afraid to just come out and have things defined. I guess I was too afraid of having her leave. There were times where I just retreated and didn't want to deal with it anymore but she reeled me back in with genuine words of kindness. Finally, just as things were getting a bit more serious, I found out from a mutual friend that she'd been talking to another guy in a similar way she'd been talking to me. And I lost it---all the emotion that had been building up went off. We met up at a bar later that night and I drunkenly told her off in front of her friends, etc, etc. She denied all my accusations and we tried talking for a few weeks after that but it didn't work and we agreed to take a break. Since we weren't official, I guess I had no reason to get mad, but at the same time, we acted like we were pretty much official.

Fast forward to a month later, she initiates contact with me and we slowly start talking again and it progressed back to how we were. She was outa town for school and we had a few heart to hearts and it seemed like we were getting back. She comes back to visit, we meet up, she's holding my hand, etc and then she disappears and I'm told she's talking to her ex BF. SO I just leave then and there and text her the next day, telling her that I'm not someone she's gonna play games with, etc. She again denies my accusations and tells me to stop being "dramatic". So a few days later, we start talking again but I can tell things are awkward. So things come to a head two nights ago on new years...we talked about being in the same bar and I tell her to text me when shes there. I show up and see her holding hands with another guy and who she swears is just her friend. In my mind, then and there, I'm done. Sure enough, an hour later I get a text from her asking "Where are u" and I don't answer. I'm sure she saw me that night but I just had no desire to talk to her. No contact since then, making it 2 days.

Basically this sucks..I feel like I was so close to getting her back and it gets screwed up again, partly because of me acting needy. I also am just fed up and need to get my mind straight.

The sad part is since things never were official (even though we've been at this on and off for like 8 months), I wonder what could have been. Part of me is confused/angry/fed up and part of my wants her back eventually.

It makes me feel somewhat better that I started NC while she still was willing to see me and we were still somewhat talking, even though it was awkward. I'm wondering if I should maybe text her to tell her i'm going NC or just cut it off and leave things open?

I normally would have dropped this **** a long time ago but she definitely had some qualities that I look for in someone long term, and its rare that I find these qualities.

Any advice appreciated. Guess we'll see where this takes me.

bateman72

Don Juan
Reaction score
RJ92156 said:

Been talking to this girl since February 2013. We weren't officially BF/GF but it was pretty much that....talking every day over text, plenty of PDA at the bar (making out, hand holding, etc), dates, etc. This went on all summer although I always felt like she was playing games-- just little stuff- like we were making out all night at the bar and then I'd see her talking to another guy before I left. Anyway, we kept going at that rate, but slowly I was building up more and more frustration with "what" exactly we were but I was too afraid to just come out and have things defined. I guess I was too afraid of having her leave. There were times where I just retreated and didn't want to deal with it anymore but she reeled me back in with genuine words of kindness. Finally, just as things were getting a bit more serious, I found out from a mutual friend that she'd been talking to another guy in a similar way she'd been talking to me. And I lost it---all the emotion that had been building up went off. We met up at a bar later that night and I drunkenly told her off in front of her friends, etc, etc. She denied all my accusations and we tried talking for a few weeks after that but it didn't work and we agreed to take a break. Since we weren't official, I guess I had no reason to get mad, but at the same time, we acted like we were pretty much official.

Fast forward to a month later, she initiates contact with me and we slowly start talking again and it progressed back to how we were. She was outa town for school and we had a few heart to hearts and it seemed like we were getting back. She comes back to visit, we meet up, she's holding my hand, etc and then she disappears and I'm told she's talking to her ex BF. SO I just leave then and there and text her the next day, telling her that I'm not someone she's gonna play games with, etc. She again denies my accusations and tells me to stop being "dramatic". So a few days later, we start talking again but I can tell things are awkward. So things come to a head two nights ago on new years...we talked about being in the same bar and I tell her to text me when shes there. I show up and see her holding hands with another guy and who she swears is just her friend. In my mind, then and there, I'm done. Sure enough, an hour later I get a text from her asking "Where are u" and I don't answer. I'm sure she saw me that night but I just had no desire to talk to her. No contact since then, making it 2 days.

Basically this sucks..I feel like I was so close to getting her back and it gets screwed up again, partly because of me acting needy. I also am just fed up and need to get my mind straight.

The sad part is since things never were official (even though we've been at this on and off for like 8 months), I wonder what could have been. Part of me is confused/angry/fed up and part of my wants her back eventually.

It makes me feel somewhat better that I started NC while she still was willing to see me and we were still somewhat talking, even though it was awkward. I'm wondering if I should maybe text her to tell her i'm going NC or just cut it off and leave things open?

I normally would have dropped this **** a long time ago but she definitely had some qualities that I look for in someone long term, and its rare that I find these qualities.

Dude if a girl is really into you she will demand your attention and want to clarify the relationship. More to the point you deserve a girl that is like that with you.

I think you should drop back, go no contact, build attraction and let the other guy fvck up.

No other way for you at this point. just keep reading this thread when you want to call and pick something in your life you want to improve on and spend your energy on this one thing.

that's my advice.

drakeramore

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for putting this in perspective, Bateman

bateman72 said:
pretty girls can rationalize away all their behavior and have a big deep supportive network that will affirm her rationalizations. I have to let go of the desire for an apology and just resolve not to put myself in the same situation in the future

Hi,

Indeed, I know for a fact that my ex girl was/is consulted and advised by her younger sister who has a history of dumping guys out of the blue and branch swinging immediately.

I am sure she has supported her in my ex girl's decision to not tell me anything about the new guy and to let go of me essentially. My ex is nearing 30 years of age and ideally would like to have a kid asap. Her younger sister just got pregnant and has settled down with some guy.

I am sure that played a big part in my ex's decision. And she has rationalized it with the help of her sister - that it is OK to just dump me as I was not very interested in settling down right now and to take her chances with this new guy - located in another country and being more established, older and ready to commit I guess. A year ago we had a big argument with my ex. I was waiting for an apology from my ex, I did not get it. Later on she told me that her sister told her around that time that I did not deserve her. I am sure this attitude towards me has been preserved. At my weakest moments I even apologised to my ex for her family not liking/borderline hating me for all the pain I caused her. I regret this of course, needless to say. :)

I am sure she still is giving advice to my ex girl - most likely to not contact me and to wait for me to break and to profess my love to her all over again crying to her on the phone. (yes, I did that before she left the country :), although at first I kept my frame and acted like a detached and not caring at all alpha). Funny thing when I acted like I did not care (I cared deeply nevertheless) she called me, wanted us to reminisce of some old romantic memories, etc. After I cried to her over the phone - guess what - she told me to take care and not write to her anymore. :) Goes to show you again how things work in this love game that we are playing.

Anyway, 10 days into my NC (a month ago) she contacted me asking me how I was doing and that she dreamt of me :).

So, yes, NC works and I am sure I seem more attractive to her now than if I had flooded her with text messages and emails telling her how much she means to me in the past month a half. Anyway, I do not have proof of that so, I could be only wishful thinking here. Perhaps she is having the time of her life and has forgotten about me with the help of her support system and has rationalized her way out of our relationship. NC is the way to go here. Otherwise I will lose her respect and attraction to me. Not that it matters anymore I guess, after all she IS living with someone else and they are both looking to settle down, so I am prepared that it just might happen quite soon - marriage, pregnancy, etc. Although I will not hide it, I kinda secretly hope it doesn't.

Or maybe it is just my ego talking. After all, if she is happier with this new guy than she was with me, let it be. I am happy for her.
As Mikey, I think said - if you love something, set it free. It will come back to you if it loves you back. :)

joker79

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jackson37 said:
Day #1

Contacted my ex earlier today and told her I would be doing no contact as I could not handle being friends and it actually felt good because it gave me a lot of closure since our breakup about 1 month ago. She said stuff like she's been missing me every day since then and will always love me, which made me feel like the power had shifted to my side since i sort of knew it devastated her that i would end all of our friendship (as we were best friends).

Also got some unnecessary info that she kissed some other dude on new years (which I sort of saw happening ahead of time but i wont get into that!) and the strangest thing is that since i had already closed the book on this part of my life (her)....it didnt bother me at all.

Mate, two points:

1)you don't need to declare that you're going NC. Just go NC. Period.
2) the power hasn't shifted at all, you're still busy thinking about her and she doesn't care. She told you she missed you and at the same time she kissed another dude? WTF? is that the integrity you're looking for in a woman.

My advice: 60 days of NC, delete number, fb, whatsapp, whatever. And date other chicks

cgr68311

Don Juan
Reaction score
RJ92156 said:

Have you had sex with her?

cgr68311

Don Juan
Reaction score
jackson37 said:
Day #1

This is an encouraging story...like the rest say, all these women want is some sort of validation.... I went out on a date last night and the chick dig me a lot for being so distant yet funny (still infatuated over my ex)...later last night my new date texted me thanking me....validation....

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd just like to say that I have successfully gone NC for 8 months now and stuck by it. I don't post on here much but read regularly. Thank you all. Here are 8 things I've learnt that have helped me.

1. NC to win someone back is a pointless fruitless act. A complete waste of time. It simply won't happen. She is not coming back. If you find that a girl is begging you to reconcile, it means one of two things. 1 - she's low value and/or 2. She wants her ego stroked. Find someone more worthy.
howtowinyourexback.com?howtosilentlytellhertofvckoff.com would be more appropriate.

2. Now the best and quickest way to get over your ex is to spin plates or bang other girls according to some. Solid advice but put it this way. Would you enjoy one of the greatest nights out on the town the day a close relative or friend passed away? I didn't think so. Naturally, you'd be in the wrong mindset and that's ok. You experienced a big loss. You HAVE to grieve first. Everything else is empty. You must grieve for the death of your relationship. Time is your friend.

3. What is NC to you? For me. It was to abide by every aspect of it. Internally and externally. The worst part by far is to seek out what she is doing on social media. Stalk at your peril. You are doomed for failure if you do and your stupid ego will link anything she says or does directly to you. Your ego will say that she's trying to get a reaction from you. Wrong! It's not about you. She doesn't care about you in the way you think. Leave her be. Delete any possible link to her.
Your story is not unique. We've all travelled on the grievance boat with you. Paddle quickly away even if your ego wants to stay put. We are all here to help you. A solid couple of months should be sufficient time to give you the clear mind and waters.

4. You think your girl was a princess? Watch a seedy porn film and notice the slvt getting off on all kinds of dirty pleasures from Mr Moustache man. Remember, this is what your princess is capable off whether she's conducted any cheating on you or not. Limit bitterness, be realistic and accept nature for what it is. Dogs bark, pigs eat, men and women cheat. Your above any form of shallowness or disrespectful acts from her or others. Grow a Moustache and a pair along with it! Seperate yourself from the sheep. One chance they get from you.
Just. One.

5. Have you ever wanted to do something but felt too nervous fearing that it was out of your comfort zone? Like playing an instrument or singing in front of a group of people. If that is the case, do it regardless. Remember, that is what YOU are capable off. You may not think it but you are. Learn something new. Meet new people! You will be surprised. You will always learn from new people.

6. If you have passed the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 month mark of NC and still think about her occasionally......then that is ok. We are human after all! If it's becoming more frequent then ask yourself some basic questions. Firstly, are you eating healthy? Are you keeping fit? Are you looking at the odd fb post from her? This may seem innocent but it's not. Your ego is trying to get even. Look after number one at all costs. She will eventually fade.

7. If after 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 months of NC, your ex contacts you, which she is very likely to, do not give any indication of interest in return. The best thing to do is read the stories on this blog and stay silent. The answer to their intentions are found here. Nuggets of gold lie within these pages. She's simply asking you to take a sip of her poison-tarnished water.
Leave her be and wish her the best (but only in your head). Drink a fresh glass instead. It will taste good for you and you'll feel better. Your ego will start to balance out.

8.......and finally, the big one. Get out there and spin plates!
You've done your grieving. You've experienced the torture. You've done the crying in the park. The bad dreams. The lack of sleep. The blaming. The 5 paragraph posts about her on these pages, The walking down the high street with tears flowing in front of commuters, head dipped etc.etc.etc.......but believe it or not, the hurt you once felt will now act as your ally. You may find it hard to believe initially but you won't die from rejection. You didn't. You simply found your stronger than what you thought and it'll carry less weight on you than it used to. Treat it like training. You've done the hard work. Now reap the rewards!

You are of course capable of meeting new women. Women of quality that are suited to your standards. Standards that have shot up a few levels because you realize with clarity that you don't tolerate disrespect, cheating, childish games, pettiness, shallowness, *****iness etc. etc. You can simply walk away from this nonsense. The very act of walking away sets you apart.
You didn't learn this from books, blogs, seminars or websites.
You've learnt the hard way. The real way. The best way. The only way - Through pain.
What do you really learn from the easy way anyway?

When you get back out there, you'll find you'll like some women. Some you won't.
Some will like you. Some won't.

If you continue to eat well, study hard, catch up with friends, workout and so forth, the clouds will start to vanish....you may happen to find another great girl that you really like. One that may even reject you further down the line. But that's ok. The situation will be different this time. Why? You've been there, you've done that! You've experienced the pain. It won't kill you. It's simply shaping you.

You are a soldier on the battlefield more equipped than you've ever been. Feel for the others with less knowledge and wisdom than you. You are a cut above. Elite standard.

BONUS
9. A lot of stuff is written across the boards here saying that 'you must be alpha, not beta'. 'Alpha not beta'. 'don't be beta, be alpha'. Personally, I've never met the fvcking pair of them. If your striving to be alpha I think your setting yourself up for false hope. Mr Alpha's only found on website boards.
Mum got it right - be yourself. Through failures and experiences alone. The hard way. The only way.

And remember..........

There's only one of you in this world.

So give someone deserving a taste of it!

--------------

There you have it.

Thanks to you all for the posts and stories you share. They really help and inspire whether the situation is good or bad because it shows us what to and what not to do under the circumstances. Hope some of the above can relate to you.

Happy New Year. Make 2014 count guys.

Rossi.

jackson37

Don Juan
Reaction score
joker79 said:
Mate, two points:

1)you don't need to declare that you're going NC. Just go NC. Period.
2) the power hasn't shifted at all, you're still busy thinking about her and she doesn't care. She told you she missed you and at the same time she kissed another dude? WTF? is that the integrity you're looking for in a woman.

My advice: 60 days of NC, delete number, fb, whatsapp, whatever. And date other chicks
1) I agree with this for almost 90% of the cases but as my ex suffered from depression and really didnt do anything vicious like cheating to end the relationship (I would also have to see her back in school), I decided to tell her and give myself that closure. Some part of me also wanted to see her suffer because I knew it would hit her really hard.

2) This did set me back as I wasnt expecting her to tell me this out of the blue and you're right I dont want a woman like that. I just use this to confirm my decision of my no contact and move on.

I took out her phone number, deleted her on facebook and I'm ready to go down this road though regardless of telling her or not. :)

cgr68311 said:
This is an encouraging story...like the rest say, all these women want is some sort of validation.... I went out on a date last night and the chick dig me a lot for being so distant yet funny (still infatuated over my ex)...later last night my new date texted me thanking me....validation....
I agree! Validation, validation, validation! Good to see you're going out on dates man I hope to do this again soon as well :)

RJ92156

Reaction score
cgr68311 said:
Have you had sex with her?
I have not, which makes me feel even worse about the whole thing. Everytime
We would be close to that point, she'd do something to piss me off and I'd react in needy/emo way, thus turning her off. In fact, she was telling me to come to her school and visit where it would have finally happened. And then another one of these instances took place.

The fact that she didn't put out right away made me more attracted, thinking she was classy. There were some legit moments of genuine-ness and I figured it would happen eventually. You don't talk to someone as much as we talked and have it mean nothing.

The only thing that makes me feel decent about it is that I cut her off while she still did want to see me. The fact that she's the last one to text me, with no reply, makes me feel better, for whatever reason.

Machtwo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Formerlyrossitheking said:
Hi all,

I'd just like to say that I have successfully gone NC for 8 months now and stuck by it. I don't post on here much but read regularly. Thank you all. Here are 8 things I've learnt that have helped me.

1. NC to win someone back is a pointless fruitless act. A complete waste of time. It simply won't happen. She is not coming back. If you find that a girl is begging you to reconcile, it means one of two things. 1 - she's low value and/or 2. She wants her ego stroked. Find someone more worthy.
howtowinyourexback.com?howtosilentlytellhertofvckoff.com would be more appropriate.

2. Now the best and quickest way to get over your ex is to spin plates or bang other girls according to some. Solid advice but put it this way. Would you enjoy one of the greatest nights out on the town the day a close relative or friend passed away? I didn't think so. Naturally, you'd be in the wrong mindset and that's ok. You experienced a big loss. You HAVE to grieve first. Everything else is empty. You must grieve for the death of your relationship. Time is your friend.

3. What is NC to you? For me. It was to abide by every aspect of it. Internally and externally. The worst part by far is to seek out what she is doing on social media. Stalk at your peril. You are doomed for failure if you do and your stupid ego will link anything she says or does directly to you. Your ego will say that she's trying to get a reaction from you. Wrong! It's not about you. She doesn't care about you in the way you think. Leave her be. Delete any possible link to her.
Your story is not unique. We've all travelled on the grievance boat with you. Paddle quickly away even if your ego wants to stay put. We are all here to help you. A solid couple of months should be sufficient time to give you the clear mind and waters.

4. You think your girl was a princess? Watch a seedy porn film and notice the slvt getting off on all kinds of dirty pleasures from Mr Moustache man. Remember, this is what your princess is capable off whether she's conducted any cheating on you or not. Limit bitterness, be realistic and accept nature for what it is. Dogs bark, pigs eat, men and women cheat. Your above any form of shallowness or disrespectful acts from her or others. Grow a Moustache and a pair along with it! Seperate yourself from the sheep. One chance they get from you.
Just. One.

5. Have you ever wanted to do something but felt too nervous fearing that it was out of your comfort zone? Like playing an instrument or singing in front of a group of people. If that is the case, do it regardless. Remember, that is what YOU are capable off. You may not think it but you are. Learn something new. Meet new people! You will be surprised. You will always learn from new people.

6. If you have passed the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 month mark of NC and still think about her occasionally......then that is ok. We are human after all! If it's becoming more frequent then ask yourself some basic questions. Firstly, are you eating healthy? Are you keeping fit? Are you looking at the odd fb post from her? This may seem innocent but it's not. Your ego is trying to get even. Look after number one at all costs. She will eventually fade.

7. If after 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 months of NC, your ex contacts you, which she is very likely to, do not give any indication of interest in return. The best thing to do is read the stories on this blog and stay silent. The answer to their intentions are found here. Nuggets of gold lie within these pages. She's simply asking you to take a sip of her poison-tarnished water.
Leave her be and wish her the best (but only in your head). Drink a fresh glass instead. It will taste good for you and you'll feel better. Your ego will start to balance out.

You've done your grieving. You've experienced the torture. You've done the crying in the park. The bad dreams. The lack of sleep. The blaming. The 5 paragraph posts about her on these pages, The walking down the high street with tears flowing in front of commuters, head dipped etc.etc.etc.......but believe it or not, the hurt you once felt will now act as your ally. You may find it hard to believe initially but you won't die from rejection. You didn't. You simply found your stronger than what you thought and it'll carry less weight on you than it used to. Treat it like training. You've done the hard work. Now reap the rewards!

You are of course capable of meeting new women. Women of quality that are suited to your standards. Standards that have shot up a few levels because you realize with clarity that you don't tolerate disrespect, cheating, childish games, pettiness, shallowness, *****iness etc. etc. You can simply walk away from this nonsense. The very act of walking away sets you apart.
You've learnt the hard way. The real way. The best way. The only way - Through pain.

When you get back out there, you'll find you'll like some women. Some you won't.

If you continue to eat well, study hard, catch up with friends, workout and so forth, the clouds will start to vanish....you may happen to find another great girl that you really like. One that may even reject you further down the line. But that's ok. The situation will be different this time. Why? You've been there, you've done that! You've experienced the pain. It won't kill you. It's simply shaping you.

You are a soldier on the battlefield more equipped than you've ever been. Feel for the others with less knowledge and wisdom than you. You are a cut above. Elite standard.

BONUS
9. A lot of stuff is written across the boards here saying that 'you must be alpha, not beta'. 'Alpha not beta'. 'don't be beta, be alpha'. Personally, I've never met the fvcking pair of them. If your striving to be alpha I think your setting yourself up for false hope. Mr Alpha's only found on website boards.
Mum got it right - be yourself. Through failures and experiences alone. The hard way. The only way.

And remember..........

--------------

There you have it.

Thanks to you all for the posts and stories you share. They really help and inspire whether the situation is good or bad because it shows us what to and what not to do under the circumstances. Hope some of the above can relate to you.

Rossi.
I agree with every single word of this, absolute GOLD :up: :up:

jackson37

Don Juan
Reaction score
Formerlyrossitheking said:
Hi all,

Just. One.

BONUS

And remember..........

--------------

There you have it.

Rossi.
Wow. Very inspiring stuff dude, I'll read this every couple days to keep my motivation going. I agree 100%