Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Next Level

GeneralDMacArthur

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

If you’re looking for techniques to help you successfully seduce beautiful women then this post is not for you. There is plenty of information elsewhere on this site and others to help you in that area. If, on the other hand, you’re a man who has moved beyond successfully scoring, who has been fortunate enough to have found that one woman you love and to whom you are committed, and you’re a man for whom sex is no longer the ultimate goal but rather a successful life-long relationship, then read on. There are common pitfalls to avoid and principles to live by if you intend to successfully take your relationship to the next level. Once the honeymoon period is over, that initial phase of your relationship where you are both daily infatuated with one another and everything effortlessly falls into place, there inescapably follows a day when real effort is required and active cultivation of the relationship is necessary. Unfortunately, out of ignorance or sheer laziness, this is usually where we men end it. What you need to know is that the rich rewards far outweigh the effort required. But hard effort, my fellow gentlemen, is required.

If you neglect to cultivate your relationship it will, without fail, die. This is basic. You don’t just one day decide that you’re never again going to eat food. If you did, you’d emaciate and eventually die. We know this. If you stop watering your plant it withers and eventually dies, but that is exactly what we do to our relationships; we kill them by neglecting to cultivate them. Most of us know exactly how to cultivate a plant, but how do you cultivate a relationship? Like so many other great truths, the secrets for cultivating a life-long romance go against everything your instincts tell you. You have an innate tendency to dominate, to control, and to command your woman. Your natural instincts would have you change her through coercion. Sometimes the coercion is overt and physical such as beating her into submission. More often, the coercion is subtle and psychological such as belittling a characteristic of hers that you wish to see changed. The first step to cultivating is to eliminate the coercion. Since much of your coercion happens when you are not even conscious of it, this may appear to be an impossible task. It isn’t. The key to eliminating coercion is to completely stop wanting to change her. That’s it. Love her and accept her as is, without any desire to change a single thing about her. Now here’s the gem. If you do that and then put into practice the ensuing principles of relationship cultivation, she will, as a direct result, change herself on her own to please you as much as possible! Guaranteed. She’ll even change for the better in ways that you had not thought of, always seeking to tend to your needs and to make you happy. Sound good? Then diligently apply the following four principles.

First, love her. We tend to mystify love and think of it as some inexplicable force that comes upon us one day and then departs some other day. If nothing else, let this one truth sink into your mind: Love is as much a matter of the will as it is a matter of the emotion. Once you understand this, daily choosing to love her becomes a lifestyle. This principle is the key to all the others and is therefore vital to cultivating your relationship. Love her. The true character of love is not domination but rather self-sacrifice. Love her with a humble, unselfish love.

Second, be considerate. Live with her in an understanding way. That is the essence of consideration. It is opposite the cave men mentality, the macho mentality, the independent mentality, and the self-serving mentality. It involves understanding, sensitivity, meeting her needs, understanding her feelings, fears, anxieties, concerns, goals, dreams, and desires. That's what it means to be considerate. Living with her in an understanding way sometimes boils down to simply listening. Understand her heart because the greatest way to express your love to her is with sacrificing love that meets her needs and you have to know what those needs are. Consideration is key to cultivation.

Third, be chivalrous. Chivalry is an old word rarely used today and often frowned upon when it is used, but this lost principle is an essential ingredient to relationship cultivation. Women are weaker than men, physically. They were designed to be under the strength and protection and care of a man. She needs your strength. Gentlemen, offer your strength to her daily in every way, from carrying in the groceries to opening her door to holding her securely in your arms at night. Being chivalrous involves being courteous, protective, kind, brave, well-mannered, gracious, and strong. Start being a man by rediscovering chivalry.

Finally, foster communion. You do this by treating her with honor as a fellow human being. While men and women are unequal physically, they are equal spiritually. Treat her as a spiritual equal. I love what it says in Song of Solomon where the man says, "This is my beloved," and the woman says, "This is my beloved, my friend." There’s a deep sense of intimate, equal sharing of spiritual things. Open up to her and allow her to peer into your soul and truly know you in a way that no one else will ever be allowed. If you do, you'll build a lasting relationship that brings you more pleasure and bliss that any mere sex affair could ever offer.

Four principles, gentlemen. Love her unselfishly with the love of self-sacrifice, with a love that knows nothing of self and only of her and her needs and her concerns and her heart and sacrifice your life on her behalf. Be considerate by understanding, understanding her needs, understanding her feelings, understanding what it is that she longs for and desires. Be chivalrous, providing your strength, strength physically, strength emotionally, strength of character, all of those things apply. And you must treat her with communion as equals spiritually. If you practice these four cultivating principles every day, your relationship will thrive and your sweetheart will without fail respond by living her life centered around pleasing you.

- The General

[This message has been edited by GeneralDMacArthur (edited 08-31-2001).]

RockandRoll!

Don Juan
Reaction score
i'm clueless???i think i tried the cultivate love thing in the past somewhere along the lines and i think i got burned...see its all confusing.self sacrifice or look out for number 1.maybe the self sacrifice cultivate love thing works when your beyond your years of youth...but when your young.women want the jerks and reckless guys...when the girls get older and their through with jerks maybe thats when you apply this theory.thats why im not loves b*tch right now.i'll stand on the facts that seem to be what is working write now.thats just my opinion.

BigOilMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
General is correct. It might not work on every woman, but it will work on the right woman. Doing things the right way doesn't always get you immediate rewards..but if you persist, you'll eventually reap the benefits of what he is saying.

Sticking to the facts you say? There are no facts in this game playing mode, it's all up in the air and believe me, being a jerk won't get you into a long term mutually respecting relationship.

RockandRoll!

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah i figured being a jerk works for about 3 to 4 months in the relationship and after that jerkiness doesn't really cut it after that...if your looking for love being a jerk ain't for ya then.but being a jerk gets you laid...i know this for a fact!.but maybe i'm not looking for love either!

GeneralDMacArthur

Reaction score
RockandRoll!,

You are exactly right. The two methods are not in competition because they have quite different goals. One method has as its goal the seduction of women and therefore offers many proven techniques on how to manipulate the passions of women in order to get them into your bed. When practiced correctly, this method clearly works as the countless testimonies of Djers clearly attest. The other method has as its goal a fulfilling, committed relationship with the love of your life and therefore offers ageless, proven techniques on how to cultivate such a relationship over a lifetime. It exists for the man who has found the one woman he cannot live without, a woman who in turn loves him and is committed to him. Of the hundreds of DJ testimonials posted on this site, how many do you find that state:

“Wow! It worked! I put into action the techniques from the DJ Bible and found Julie! We have been getting closer every day for 18 months now, and yesterday I finally proposed marriage (special thanks to Anti-Dump for his insightful suggestions on how to deliver the proposal!) and she said YES! We will be getting married in 6 months time and, following the suggestion of 2 other successful Djers, I am taking her to Aruba for a 2 week honeymoon. We are so happy and are looking forward to living out our lives together cultivating a perpetual romance! Thanks guys!!!”

None, right? That’s because the first method does not have marriage as its ultimate goal. So, here’s the question. What’s your goal ultimately? If it is the carefree bachelor life filled with multiple sexual encounters with beautiful women, then the first method is definitely for you. If, on the other hand, the revolving bed of the dating life has grown stale and led to spiritual emptiness, if you find yourself wanting something more fulfilling, something of consequence, something permanent with the woman you love, and begin longing to become a husband and eventually a father and grandfather, then and only then are you ready for the next level.

------------------
"The first natural bond of human society is that of husband and wife." - Saint Augustine

Sir_Chancealot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
General MacArthur,

I see you have returned. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously guys. He is right, in a way. There is a big difference between attracting women and keeping women. I always had a problem with the catching, but not keeping. The nature of the relationship changes the SECOND you put that ring on her finger. Ask anyone who is (has been) married. Also, he is quite right when he talks about the difference between bed-hopping and having great sex within marriage. There IS a difference, a big difference. It is a rare (or stupid) man that will settle for the former once he has had a taste of the latter.

MacArthur did fail to tell you WHICH women his tips will work on. They will ONLY work with women that have achieved a certain level of emotional and mental maturity. And on that kind of woman, his tips will work better than anything from the DJ bible. The DJ tips are best used for either 1) getting a chick in bed, or 2) getting her attention, and keeping it long enough to begin moving into an LTR.

If you do the things that MacArthur suggested with a woman who is not emotionally/mentally mature, she will actually RESENT you for it, or bail altogether. Five years ago, I (unknowingly) used the DJ principles to get my wife. After we were together I treated her in the manner that MacArthur spoke of. Because she wasn't emotionally/mentally mature enough (another long story in and of itself), she actually resented me for treating her so nicely. So, save yourself some time and pain and only use his principles on mature women.

Since my wife died (and I got my sh*t together) I have been applying the DJ principles to meet women, and am having great success. Before, in my "nice guy" days, women hardly ever gave me a second look. Not so now. As a great DJ must, I am going to apply the "rules" in a manner that befits my style and uniqueness, and in a way which suits my ultimate goal, which is marriage. The DJ rules have given me a way to weed out the players and teases, and see who is real relationship material, and who isn't. It also allows me to attract women who may not think I am "their type". It reminds me that I WANT a woman, I do not NEED one. I will not appologize for not wanting to bed every hot chick that comes my way. If you are a real man, and that is what you want, you won't either. Know what you want and go for it, just as the DJ rules state.

In conclusion, DJ principles are good for getting/holding the women's interests in the short term. A mature woman will absolutely flourish under MacArthur's suggestions. The two principles aren't mutually exclusive, they are complementary when each are used correctly.

GeneralDMacArthur

Reaction score
Sir_Chancealot,

I said I would return.

Thanks for underscoring the point that the principles I laid forth are only for the woman who is worthy, the mature lady who both understands the true character of love and commitment and chooses to love and commit her life to you. That point cannot be overemphasized. To offer your love, consideration, chivalry, and communion to a shallow & fickle child with no capacity to appreciate your sacrificial treasure is akin to throwing pearls before swine and will result in heartache. For men who are interested in dating the unworthy, the techniques I offer here are not for you.

- The General

------------------
"The first natural bond of human society is that of husband and wife." - Saint Augustine

Reaction score
Congrats on the marriage. I know this is an important time for you, but I just can't get excited over marriage.