Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Myth of Monogamy (book)

muscleman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone who's into some mind-opening reading, check out this book:

The Myth of Monogamy

by David Barash / Judith Lipton

I'm about halfway through it myself, great read. It puts into scientific terms what we know about male/female sexual behavior.

It's a fairly easy read unlike drier books like the The Selfish Gene and looks at a lot of recent discoveries of (in)fidelity among animals and people - essentially how all behavior is driven by evolutionary/propagation reasons.

I'm going to be doing a book review once I finish, but it's definitely a great read for those who are already game-aware. Kind of like a 2nd year course.

For beginners I still recommend DJ Bible, "The Game", 48 Laws of Power, The Art of Seduction as starter/baseline material.

Anyone else read it?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Muscles,
Seems a great combination,a Zoologist with an additional degree in Phsychology and a Psychiatrist....Sounds like a good read,I shall have a look at it when my Library gets it....From the reviews,doesn't it really just validate so much of the Don Juan Philosophy?...This is an interesting quote though: "...as far as evidence from animal behavior goes, the DNA fingerprinting technology used in courtrooms is now being used by biologists to trace parenthood in animals — resulting in some startling discoveries. Even among species previously believed to be monogamous, cheating on mates is the rule for both sexes. For example, in birds which were assumed to be monogamous, researchers have found that between 10% and 40% of all chicks were fathered by males who were not the mother’s social mate"......Love to hear what the married guys think of this!

muscleman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll comment more on it as I read the whole thing, but yes it's interesting. The hunches we all have about how people actually function (more animal than 'human') are being verified by science thanks to DNA testing. A lot of research is across various species of animals, understandably, but as time goes on there will be more and more 'dark & dirty' tests done on people. I can't wait.