Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The most powerful drug of all...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I'd like to take some time to tell you about a powerful recreational drug which many, many people in this world are currently addicted to. This drug has been around as far back as recorded history has existed and has been widely used by members of all known civilizations.

Effects include a generalized feeling of euphoria, inability to focus, weakness in the knees, upset stomach, dilated pupils, and impaired judgement, among others. The drug normally increases the sex drive. Artists have used this drug to inspire them in many different cultures.

This drug is EXTREMELY addictive. Often people who fall under the influence of this drug experience a horrible crashing feeling when removed from its influence and spend days or weeks (in some extreme cases, months and years) waiting for their next dose. Withdrawl symptoms include feelings of guilt, worry, worthlessness, loss of appetite, difficulty sleeping or focusing on mundane tasks, anxiety, depression, and in some extreme cases, suicidal tendencies manifest themselves. Eventually, as with all addictive drugs, without the presence of the substance, the user begins to feel "sick" and seeks the drug more to feel "normal" than to get the previously described euphoric high.

The drug is one of the few that is widely and legally available in virtually every civilized society in the globe. Use is encouraged by society to keep its members distracted from individualistic tendencies. Its use also stimulates the economy. People of all cultures, in some cases, end up spending huge sums of money on this drug and large amounts of time under its influence. It is the soma of our generation...it keeps consumers consuming and producers producing. At the same time, it tends to stifle individuality and free expression of thought, prevents enlightenment and actualization of one's potential.

I was addicted to this drug myself. About a month ago, I decided that I was going to quit it. The first few days were agonizing. I didnt' want to eat, work sleep, or do anything except lay around and crave that drug. To this day, I still crave it. Though it was destoying my life, it provided a beautiful illusion for me...one that I still sometimes crave. But I know now that I've quit the drug that the illusion is just a sickness that isn't real.

I hope eventually the cravings will subside. In the meantime, I'm trying to get my life back on track. I'm starting to see how horribly it was derailed by engaging in the use of this drug. How much I had lost faith in myself and in the world around me. At the peak of my addiction, the only thing I could muster faith in was the stuff itself. It was the only thing that I had to live for. Everything I did, everything I undertook, was secretly, somewhere in the back of my mind, a move made to get more of the stuff. I felt like I needed it to be a good person, like it somehow made me whole when I was empty. It's hard to believe anything so bad for me, so destructive in my life, could feel so damn good.

I know now that I am a much better, stronger, person with infinitely more potential when I'm not under the influence of this stuff. For the first time in a long time, I'm finally starting to respect myself again and to see the enormous potential I have to make a difference in my own life and other people's. Maybe eventually, I'll be strong enough to enter into a relationship of trust and caring. (and lots of freaky sex, too)

And still, STILL I get cravings, I remember what that high felt like and I have to tell myself how it was just an illusion and that going back under the influence would just destroy everything I'm trying so hard now to create.

I'm not sure what the technical name is for this drug, but its street-name, the name that everyone knows it by, is "love".

Are you addicted to it?

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels said:
I'm not sure what the technical name is for this drug, but its street-name, the name that everyone knows it by, is "love".
Nice post squirrels.

The technical name is romanticis endorphinus. It's a chemically similar substance to that which gets people addicted to tobacco. However, the love drug is far more dangerous, because it's a thousand times more potent than any cigarette. And unlike nicotine, it's user can't just go to the gas station to buy a fix. They have to craft an illusion for themselves, and it can take a long time to get one of these illusions started. They have to meet and hook up with a woman who holds the potential to "complete" them. When the romanticized fantasy bubble is burst, the addict panics because they know it could take months or years before the next fix - an idealized woman who initially reciprocates interest - comes their way.

And like any other drug, the addiction can potentially kill you. Everyday, out there somewhere addicts lose their jobs, commit crimes of desperation, become a drain on society, destroy their health, corrupt children, make stupid life-altering decisions, and all for what?

This is your brain. *shows egg*

This is your brain on love. *violently cracks egg into hot skillet*

Any questions?

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is hard as sh!t. I wish I never would have tasted it in the first place.

What makes it so dangerous is the power it has when it strikes, combine that with the element of surprise and misery will surely follow.

God I would kill someone right now!

I know that if I survive this agony I will be stronger.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taviii said:
This is hard as sh!t. I wish I never would have tasted it in the first place.

What makes it so dangerous is the power it has when it strikes, combine that with the element of surprise and misery will surely follow.

God I would kill someone right now!

I know that if I survive this agony I will be stronger.
It takes more will-power than I could have ever imagined. Even now, after having "OD'd" (spilled my heart out to her and chased her off), I'm still thinking of ways I could possibly get my next fix. I still think to myself, "Maybe this time I can control myself. Maybe just one more hit, then I'll give it up." Honestly, if this isn't how drug-addicts feel, I don't know what is. I honestly feel, although I have this feeling less and less every day, like if I don't get back on this high I will never, NEVER feel complete again.

It was always in the times of weakness, too, that I would need to use even harder. When I felt down, I used it pretty much to "medicate" myself, to take my mind off the trouble, because a hit of "love" would make everything all right. I look back now and see how much of a sick, sorry human being I had become over this. And how much the natural generation of "love" inside myself had begun to decrease because I was always looking for the stuff from foreign sources.

Even now, a lot of the girls I date are "substitute drugs", in the way that a heroin user soemtimes uses morphine or methadone or such to bring him down "a little at a time", but the vivid high of "love" just can't be reproduced by these substitutes, and I'm not waiting for it to become refined, I want it NOW. I want to feel normal again.

It was amazing...I would be sitting there at home, literally TREMBLING. Shaking out of anxiety of whether a girl (one in particular) would call, or return my message, or want to go out, or cancel on me, or not call back...and if I heard from her, as soon as I heard from her...I was normal again. When it hit my system, it was a dramatic change that allowed me to function. ("Yeah, that's the stuff!")

Does an addict ever truly recover? I see people who have been into drugs or alcohol who have gone clean, and I look in their eyes and I can see that the ordeal took a lot out of them. And I wonder if I have the same look...if I'm "damaged goods" now, and whether I'll fully heal.

So much of my life, WASTED on that sh!t. Potential relationships DESTROYED. Opportunities WASTED. Now I'm almost 27 years old...a good third of my life is behind me. Where do I go from here? Will I ever find REAL fulfillment in life or in romance that is as VIVID as the FAKE high from "love" gave me?

Notice I use "love" in quotes. I still believe there is a REAL thing called love in this world, but when people think of the word, they're usually talking about that state of intoxication...the drug. REAL love doesn't run on anxiety, it's not a dependency, there is no NEED.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You could always get your fix from more than one source so you won't have time to go through the withdrawl.

But uh do other people not feel what you feel? I mean.. I can relate. I'm sure others can too whether they admit it or not. Don't you think everybody may feel this way and it could be just you being human? And you either can tell yourself you should not feel it or feel whatever you want to feel.

Pushing the feeling away and trying to become a robot brings up the same ideas of becoming damaged goods or not worthy because most people fall in "love".

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bvbidd said:
You could always get your fix from more than one source so you won't have time to go through the withdrawl.
Interesting analogy. I've heard steroid users will do this...cycle on one form of steroid for 4-6 weeks, then get off that and get on another so the body doesn't become used to that particular combination of drugs and doesn't reduce its own hormone output.

All things in moderation. There are people who can drink, do drugs, etc, in moderation and never have a problem. But in the case of love, it's EXTREMELY addictive and addiction is actively encouraged by society. We're pretty much bred to be hooked on the sh!t.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was basically saying try letting some of the love feelings come through but from more than one girl. So your obssesed about three chicks or whatever instead of one. So if you think one doesn't like you you can just go for the other two. Trying to completley shut off the natural search for attention from the opposite sex isn't actually healthy.

EDIT - Also as for this fake high. I know it's a sad thought but every guy will always feel that high anyway whether it was all an illusion or not. So yeah it is normal.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is the more dangerous because it is a drug for the mind, not for the body.

With "normal" drugs physical pain is what gives the agonizing pain. "Love" is harder because your mind is fücked up.

I couldn't sleep yesterday! But that's not the problem, its the thoughts that pass your mind at high speed, mostly regret of what happened, and then comes the "desert": thinking what to do next. Thousands of scenarios pass through my mind. You even consider that all you knew could be wrong, that all people are against you, that everyone knew except yourself.

And believe me when you start thinking that she might cheat on you then physical pain also kicks in. It feels similar to a powerful hangover.

All the friends around me tell me that activity is the only way to get it out. Well it doesn't work. If you want to be free again you have to go through the suffering, there is no way around it.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
squirrels, as I think of it what you mentioned as an overdose is probably one of the ways to keep you from going crazy.

Every word from the girl in such a situation is just a little dose. Take one from time to time, but make them smaller, it will make the pain smaller.

Now imagine that my girls wants to get back to me, only after I thought the hardest part had just past. It all came back with exponential intensity.

The Truth

Banned
Reaction score
Lighten up guys, being in love is great!

Sure it hurts if/when it turns bad, but man up and stop being afraid.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's what I was trying to say.

You can't stop it completley but it's normal so deal with it.

But it's fvcked knowing it's almost %100 chance being unrequited. (It's already gone bad if your obsessing about it in the first place.)

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You cant get over it, that's what sucks. Only time can heal it.:mad:

Its not something that you can control, thus the great analogy made by squirrels with the drugs.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Truth said:
Lighten up guys, being in love is great!

Sure it hurts if/when it turns bad, but man up and stop being afraid.
I know. I tried to make that point...that REAL "love" is different from the type of anxious, infectious "love" that brings a lot of people to this forum. And it's not always easy to tell the difference.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But does it really exist? I know I never tasted it.

And isn't REAL "love" eternal? It should be. Are you guys in this kind of REAL "love" right now? If not then you also have never tasted it.

EDIT: As of now I'm a MASTER DJ as I hit 500 post. Just another sh!t from the many that I see around since it cant be as it was before this mental disease kicked in.

Wonderbread166

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Closing down in the midst of pain is a denial of a man's true nature. A superior man is free in feeling and action, even amidst great pain and hurt. If necessary, a man should live with a hurting heart rather than a closed one. He should learn to stay in the wound of pain and act with spontaneous skill and love even from that place." -David Deida

squirrels, although you haven't really told what happened, my guess would be that you staked your entire heart and mind on someone, and got hurt. This is why you have to protect your heart, but don't close yourself love because of it. Love doesn't exist to destroy you, it exists to lift you up.

The Truth

Banned
Reaction score
squirrels said:
I know. I tried to make that point...that REAL "love" is different from the type of anxious, infectious "love" that brings a lot of people to this forum. And it's not always easy to tell the difference.
Sorry, I got my wires crossed, but yes you are right!

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Real love comes from knowing the person a long time.

Your talking about crushing or obsessing over one chick because your putting all your self-worth on her responses. That's not good with one girl, you will become a stalker if you get used to that.

Mabye try like a rule to tell yourself never to start loving a girl in that way until you've both fvcked at least once or least done something sexual. Then let the feelings come slowly.

danro

Don Juan
Reaction score
The chemical makeup of "love" is also very similiar to OCD. I'm not even lying it was in National Geographic.

paraguayandj

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow i knew you were gonna say that yet i wasted 3 minutes of my life reading it