Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The mindset "A Great Catch" needs a second review as people's perception's different

SimplyTheBest

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am posting this the second time. The last time I wrote a post about perception, I got banned from this forum for two days.

This time, I am going to write it nicely and ask for people's opinion. You're seen crying in a movie, you see this as your sensitivity but your date sees it as a sign of weakness, now you've been misread and you'll pay for the price.

People generally don't care about your perception. How you see yourself will not be the same as how they see you? This is especially true when it comes to dealing with women.

You think of yourself as a "Great Catch", but your date sees you as an AFC. What are you going to do to make her see you as a Great Catch? I once got some feedbacks from women by acting like a great catch among some of them.

"This guy acts as if he is the best among all guys on earth that every girl doesn't deserve him. He even think that all beautiful women must respect him. He ain't good looking and sexy, he ain't Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt clones but he demands respect from all girls. He is even very discriminating that he only dates beautiful women. Who does he thinks he is? He is nothing but he thinks that he is the most important thing. I hate guys who acts like him and I can guarantee you that he won't go far with women " ---feedbacks from a few women.

Someone posted a thread called "Narcissism" before and it explained that people act in a narcisstic way to cover their own insecurities. There's another theory in psychology which is called "Superiority Complex". People develop it to mask their "Inferiority Complex" Hmm..........

This sounds like people who act like a Great Catch aren't great afterall cause they're being actors hiding their insecurities to mislead women to believe they are better. And most of the time, it doesn't work because women aren't that stupid. You think they're going to buy into your false image by acting like a Great Catch? NO!!!

So what to do to make women believe that we are the "Great Catch" since it ain't working the old way for me?

abcd_z

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of what you're talking about could best be defined as presuppositions. Here I'm gonna quote from an NLP workbook of mine.

"These principles are not claimed to be true or universal. You do not have to believe they are true. They are called 'presuppositions' because you 'pre-suppose' them to be true and then act as if they were."

I'm posting this at 2:04 AM, my time, so I kind of lost track of what I was saying (sorry). Anybody wanna elaborate on this?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
No one can tell you that you are "The Great Catch," not even yourself. "You just know it through and through, balls to bones."

That's from "The Matrix." Do you remember when Neo meets the Oracle and she tells him that he's not the One? That wasn't a lie to motivate him, it was the honest truth...because no matter what potential he had, he didn't believe it himself.

Our world around us is shaped by our perceptions. We all have the ability to alter the universe around us and live by our own definitions, rather than those spoon-fed to us since birth. But if you don't truly BELIEVE this in your heart, you cannot use that ability.

You can have people all around you tell you you're "The One, The Great Catch." You can even tell yourself until you've convinced your mind, but if your heart, if your SOUL doesn't BELIEVE that you are, then you're not. You're just pretending. And women are experts at spotting pretenders.

That's the one gripe I have with Pook saying, "As you THINK, so shall you become." It isn't so much THINKING as it is BELIEVING. It's an act of the will and the soul, not the mind. I've already convinced my mind that I am a "Don Juan," but there are times when I don't believe it in my heart, "balls to bones", and nothing I think to myself helps.

Neo had to die before he could see this...try this. Next time you're out and you see a girl, and she smiles at you, and you start thinking, "OK c'mon...Great Catch, Great Catch, here I go...oh sh!t!", try just shutting it all off, quieting your mind, and forgetting about everything you've ever been taught or learned...from your parents, from your friends, from girls, from the DJ Forum, EVERYTHING!

Just look for a second at the situation with just your eyes, untainted by reason, completely primal. And see what's REALLY going on. You are a man, she is a woman. It IS that simple...you just don't realize it because you've been taught to look at it differently.

aguynamedwill

Don Juan
Reaction score
how does one transcend from thought to knowing/belief?

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by SimplyTheBest

"This guy acts as if he is the best among all guys on earth that every girl doesn't deserve him. He even think that all beautiful women must respect him. He ain't good looking and sexy, he ain't Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt clones but he demands respect from all girls. He is even very discriminating that he only dates beautiful women. Who does he thinks he is? He is nothing but he thinks that he is the most important thing. I hate guys who acts like him and I can guarantee you that he won't go far with women " ---feedbacks from a few women.

Bahh she can say that until the cows come home, doesnt change the fact its BULLSH!T

yes people will try and bring the winners down (bitter people and losers) its ALWAYS been that way, ..BUT guarenteed the guy who knows hes the sh!t will be banging the same chick who says that.

DJ Logic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You cant fake being a great catch. You must actively improve yourself so that you really are someone rare and special.

Do this exercise and feel free to post it on this thread:

1. Write down 10 traits that you think make a woman a great catch and a brief explanation why each one is important to you.

2. Write down 10 traits that you think will make you a great catch. Give brief descriptions and think of ways that you can improve yourself in these areas.

2a. Once you have improved yourself significantly write down the ways in which you can subtly convey these values.

3. Dont ask women anything. They lie all the time an the worst part is they are convinced that they are being honest. I guess logically they are telling the truth, but emotions and logic are 2 different worlds to a woman and we all know which one takes precedent here. So hear them out but play the Opposite Game in your head, cuz most of the time these bytches say one thing when they feel another.

4. Print this test out and crumple it up into the garbage. You already know what to do so like BoobGuy says, quit thinking and just act!

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by aguynamedwill
how does one transcend from thought to knowing/belief?
You start believing. You either have to have an event in your life that causes an earth-shattering realization, or you have to be willing to let everything else die, accept your infinite potential as the foundation of your reality, and build your world on that.

There's no transcending. You can't swap out the foundation of your house without tearing it down. :)

aguynamedwill

Don Juan
Reaction score
You either have to have an event in your life that causes an earth-shattering realization
I was thinking about my question today and thought of something.
I have a job where our quota is to shift 3 units an hour. For the first 6 months or so, I was doing 2 to 3 units an hour. I figured I could do better, but never really tried.
Then a couple weeks ago we fell way behind, and I decided to come in on a Sunday to help out. Office was empty. Nobody within hearing distance. I busted out 5 an hour for 5 hours. I amazed myself. I also figured it was because of having no distractions. But I found on Monday that I was doing 4 an hour. And that's with all the distractions of a busy office. And since then I've still been busting out 4 an hour. I now KNOW I can maintain this kind of output.

So, if I could translate that into knowing I'm the great catch, I would need to amaze myself at how much a great catch I am.
If I had ten women fighting over who would bed me tonight, I'd know I was the great catch.

How do I know I'm the great catch, realistically? First time I got a girls number, I was like, wow, that was easy. Just more practice? That would form the habit part. Then I'd just be walking around knowing it was easy. And I just answered my question.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"The last time I wrote a post about perception, I got banned from this forum for two days."

bahahahahahahahahah

think of it this way...if I bet you $5 that you cant gulp down a 12 oz can of soda in 15 secs..

would you accept the bet??

SURE you would..You know it both from experience, and your own inner confidnce..that you have what it take to down that soda and win the $5

Knowing you are the great catch is SIMILAR..You JUST KNOW you can do it..and who you are..without ANY shred of doubt...

what is the transition? its a bit more complex than I care to get into..it entails ridding yourself of EVERY NEGATIVE perception you have of yourself..and OVERLOADING your SELF..your soul..your essence with Positive images..so positive, that you know you can do ANYTHING..

Its not an illusion..(i.e. superiority complex) Its your true self BELIEVING in who you are, what you can do..and what you can become

Now if I offered you $5 to down 6 Soda's in 15 secs..Could you do it?

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what to do to make women believe that we are the "Great Catch" since it ain't working the old way for me?
How are you not the great catch?

YOU are the only one experiencing YOUR reality, why exhalt anyone else but yourself?

This is not me pounding my chest spewing narccistic phrases, this is reality.

You know the golden rule? The one that says "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Here is your NEW golden rule: "Do unto YOURSELF as you would do unto you."

There is no profit in making the girls just think you are the great catch, the TRUE profit comes from you believing that YOURSELF and treating yourself accordingly.

If you truly believed, with all of your heart, that you were the great catch, you would be out there doing whatever it is that you want to be doing. You would not take any crap from any woman, you would find the ones that fit YOUR criteria, not the other way around.

If a girl does not like you for any reason, who cares? You know the saying: "You can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but never all of the people all of the time." ? That saying is quite true.

Now, if you are acting ****y for EFFECT ONLY, then stop it. You should have more self esteem then that. People can tell if you are putting on a front, if you are a ****y person, then people b*tching about it to you WOULD NOT MATTER.

There is a good reason why the word "NEXT" has to be driven into our heads so deeply. We are not to shape ourselves for a particular woman.

Only insane people do the same thing over and over again thinking they will get different results. If the whole "great catch" thing don't work for you, then don't do it. I am just trying to explain that you most likely misinterpreted it.

You are supposed to be the great catch so YOU (not the women) can treat yourself accordingly.

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
People generally don't care about your perception. How you see yourself will not be the same as how they see you? This is especially true when it comes to dealing with women.
Although people here are talking about becoming what you believe you are, let's focus back on female perception.

Those jerks they chase after aren't great catches either.

Therein is your argumentative failure. It presupposes rational behavior on the part of females.

Female behavior is predictable (from experience) but it isn't rational. We observe the stimulus and the response. Based upon this behavior, we adopt the proper stimulus to gain the desired response.

SimplyTheBest

Don Juan
Reaction score
You see......

Since believing is the key here, what is so great about me as a Great Catch since women aint believing it that way?

It's only me who believed it, it's me who lived in my own twisted world. Ever read the DSM-IV on the chapter "Loss of reality testing". It talks about how people believed who they are differently. For example, a 34 year old man suddenly believed he is Napoleon and starts acting like him. He demands respect from everyone and expects everyone to obey him. The doctors diagnosed him as mentally ill with his own twisted believed.

It's not about getting different results. It's about how you see yourself VS how others see you. And I believed the above description should explain well cause some people think I misinterpret everything. You guys want to be that way???You guys wanna be insane??? I guess not.

Somehow I just think that the entire "Great Catch" thing has it's own flaws cause if you failed to make women know that you're the great catch, then you get no success with them. And that's it!

Leykis

Don Juan
Reaction score
99 percent of how other people percieve you is based on how you percieve yourself. If you not only think but believe that you are (insert anything here). Then you are.

This knowledge is the basis of what it is to be a DJ. If you dont believe that this is true, if you dont know that this is true, then you are not a DJ.

The many concrete results can be seen in the countless success stories posted in these very pages.

In each persons conversion from AFC to DJ it is fundamental that the AFC opens his eyes and realizes the true man that resides within himself. If that step is not taken internally, no results will be seen externally.

For all of the dying AFC's, the beaten down men that have somehow found this board I say:

This is your crucifixion, let it become your resurrection and ascension!