Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The meaning of Life and its Satisfaction

ssj245

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was asking myself some tough questions about life to myself and I thought about them for a few minutes and was curious as to what other people believe about life.

Basically they say that a idle mind is the devils playground and I think that is very true. But sometimes when you are free you can actually help yourself by focusing on the big picture.

In everyones life there is a motivating factor and for most of us its, money, fame, women or men, mulitple sexual partners, family etc.

Everybody has a reason to get out of bed and for every person that reason is diffrent.

Is the meaning of life or rather the ability to feel satisfied in reaching your destination or the journey it takes to get there.

For example I am planning to become a lawyer, should I allow my self to feel content and satisifed only when I am sitting in my loft with a nice car in my garage looking out the window and with a nice lady sitting on my couch.

Or should I put a smile on my face as I am about to go asleep in my bed, with not much money and not many friends and having only one sexual partner.

Is it the Journey that one must value in life, in other words the day to day things man encounters or to lie dormant and wait until his bigger dreams are completed and then find a reason to be happy once he has all the things he wants or motivated him to get them.

I find feeling satisifed very difficult, I always want more. Are there others who find it that there need to feel satisfied gets in there way of living life and being able to enjoy simple things. Sometimes I get wraped up alot in my own world and in what I want from myself that I can totally ignore what I have and depress myself.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
its the journey and enjoying the fruits of your labor.

if you dont enjoy the journey you're never going to enjoy the end destination, because as you will learn later, it doesn't exist.

Live every day as its the most important day of your life, because really, it is.

PowertripII

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people have a pretty vague understanding of death; I have witnessed it first hand my entire life and I'm determined to never have a regret or a missed opportunity.

Imagine all of the stuff you want to do and find a way to make it happen. It's different for everyone but (a lot) of what you may come up with is social programming. Think bigger.

C.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

There's alot of things to say here. The meaning of life is the biggest human topic of our existence, and it populates the most voluminous sections of libraries and book stores, yet not means will be possible through human eyes. We may find books that dodge the topic, but identifying the meaning of life to human, IMO, is akin to identifying religion to man. Man will wrap it in whatever package he sees fit, whether it bears resemblance to reality.

Each person's meaning of life is find meaning IN THEIR life. Some will do it in via success (whatever that means), and other's will realize happiness is an ATTITUDE, not a GOAL. It is a state of being. The GOAL is a contrivance of the MIND, the EGO. It says ... "seek this, do that, eat this, say this." Your purpose behind the EGO/MIND, whether they're your INTENDED THOUGHTS, FEELINGS, ACTIONS or not is to keep you in a purpetual state of WANTING, as if NOW, right here IS NOT enough.

My way isn't right, but I believe it's right for me. Personally, I don't know what HERE is. And won't, maybe ever, even when I lose this body. And maybe then, I won't know it because it's like the lights go out. And maybe it's not? But if RIGHT now isn't good enough, when is? If change is the ONLY constant, then EVERY moment must be happy REGARDLESS of the change imminent. Otherwise you hinge on the NEXT moment change.

Problem is, 95% of people SEEKING happiness, SEEKING to make themselves into something, will be happy for the 10 minutes they're in the limelight, and then be unfulfilled because they FINALLY got it, and will now seek a NEXT achievement. AND, if they lose that built up identity or world, then you're UNHAPPY.

It's very much the same for an AFC, to compare/contrast. He builds up this world of NIRVANA around his girl, whether it's real or not. He builds it up so much his identity, happiness, and LIFE hinge on the outcome. Even if he attained her affections, eventually it would change, and he'd NEVER be comfortable. So to what end does it make sense to GET that goal, if when you get it, you're not satisfied, or you're so concerned with losing it, you worry day and night. You can't sleep. What's the purpose?

Saving hand over fist for a massively expensive car then worrying about it getting stolen, damaged, or wrecked is a WASTE, IMO. Achieving a goal, while burning everything in the way, negates the goal, IMO.

There are NO ordinary moments in life. EVERY moment is unique, it's jus that the mind ends up putting a VEIL over our eyes so that filter our world down. This is why EXTRACTING someone from the MATRIX is difficult, because these people have built their mind up to FILTER/search for only those things that REINFORCE their world. Those who construct their mind to FILTER/search like google for positive things, get them. And those who filter/SEARCH for negative things, or have a propensity for them, FIND them. They MENTALLY only see 10% or less of what happens in life, UNLESS THEY WANT to...like a new car you might want, you see it every where because you gave YOUR MIND the key. You controlled your spirit, not the other way around. YOU, whatever YOU are, and WHEREVER you might be located in that meat bag took control OVER that mind which has so many ripples from so many rocks thrown in. It's like there's 2 pools. One, which you own, the other, which filters in information from some UNIVERSAL mind...and you can PICK and CHOOSE from it what you want. Sometimes, it sends down creative ideas, other times, it sends down bad vibes. The more bent you are toward one, the more you get of that. Further reinforcing your world. Many can't see that. They think the world is this fixed object and they're so animal in bad situations with no possibility to change it. It's not THAT easy.

Again don't buy me out. Read for your own desires and see what comes of it.

If you're happy doing one job, having few possessions, have it. WANTs/desires ARE endless. Needs are very few. And happiness is a STATE OF BEING, it's your NATURAL state of existence. If you have the BELIEF that you NEED things outside you to be happy, beyond you, then you'll ALWAYS be struggling to fill those desires. And you'll always be waffling from happiness to unhappiness, never one road. Sad, so sad.

A-Unit

Big Eee Zee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I realized the meaning in my life is knowledge. I always have to know more, about everything. thinking about the ability to do that boggles me, its very deep.

also makes you edumacated.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You create your own meaning of life

Mine is happyness and progression

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are there others who find it that there need to feel satisfied gets in there way of living life and being able to enjoy simple things.

fwiw, lawyers in the US are mostly miserable people. They have 8-15 times the rates of anxiety, hostility, and depression, as well as disproportionately high rates of drug and alcohol abuse.

http://www.nd.edu/~ndmag/legl2f99.htm

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm always looking for fulfillment because it's the one thing I've never experienced. Everything feels like a duty to me, and it usually is because nothing is ever what I expect and I usually have too much at stake or have already put too much in to justify quitting.

I've always thought that it's the journey that matters more to me because I'm always b!tching about an unpleasant journey if the goal is something I need, and am stopped dead in my tracks if the goal is only something I want. When I get within sight of my goal, my mind tends to move on to the next thing, rather than anticipating the goal, and by the time I reach the goal, it no longer matters to me.

I doubt this because I've been told often enough that the journey is always tough and the only thing that's going to get you on it is the goal. You have to want it so badly that you no longer care how much it sucks to get it. I've never wanted anything that much, and I'm not sure that I want to considering how much suffering I'd bring upon myself.