Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The key to generic beauty

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many of us associate designer labels such as Armani, Gucci and Prada with class and value. Why? Because we have been brainwashed by clever marketing into believing it. We are told that this is what society values and this increases our desire to own it and to be seen with it!

People are marketed exactly the same way. The media defines and promotes the ideology of beauty. It creates the association in our minds that links their slim, tanned, groomed models with class, value, sex appeal etc. It seems very shallow and superficial, and yet what is widely defined as physical beauty is in fact a psychological issue.

Emotionally and physically, there are a lot of men who are not attracted to catwalk models. Nonetheless, very few men would turn down an opportunity to date them because despite a lack of personal attraction, it is fixed in our minds (thanks to the media and marketers) that these women are generically attractive and have universal value. This is why being told that you look like a model is intended and taken as a compliment.

Not many of us are fortunate enough to have the media promoting us, but the key to attaining this generic beauty is analysing and learning to emulate the superficial aspects of it. Take a look through catalogues or at celebrity sex symbols and you will find they have many of the following physical traits in common:

Healthy physique (toned in women, muscular in men)
Clean complexion
Tanned skin (if not naturally dark)
Flattering and fashionable clothing
Flattering grooming
Healthy eyes and perfect smile
Symmetrical features

How many of these traits are genetic and unalterable? We can’t change our smile or the symmetry of our features without cosmetic dentistry/surgery, but most other aspects are well within most people’s grasp through diet, exercise, time, effort, cosmetic products and "good" taste.

Many of the so-called “beautiful people” are the product of their own efforts! Remove their make up and tans, feed them junk food for a few months and keep them awake a few nights and watch them transform into average commoners:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/beautysecret.html
http://www.deansplanet.com/nomakeup.html

This also works in reverse, however, as there are many naturally attractive people who taint their looks with unappealing fashion, poor health, hygiene and diet among other things. I’m sure you all know at least one woman who “would look great if only she lost a bit of weight/grew her hair/dressed nicer/wasn’t a goth etc”. The fact is, if you are not making the most of your looks, you are hindering them.

I know many people on this site will argue that physical appearance makes no difference to attracting women, but remember, this is a psychological issue above anything else. It’s about telling the world that you belong to the society of beautiful people, that you transcend average and that you have value.

In short, the key to being perceived by society as attractive is to conform to the ideology of society.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, ur weblinks simply show the difference between a GIRL with MAKEUP or without! lol, I dont think that will help too many guys on the forum! haha.

But your post is right on. This is where pooks saying "what you think, you shall become" comes into effect very nicely I think.

Most people with some great fashion, good hair, tan, keeping themselves in good shape etc can transform themselves into something else!

One of my x girlfriends I saw the other day. She was a beautiful model, she started taking drugs about a year ago, parties all the time, neglected her physical appearance and now she is fukcing horrible! U wouldnt even look twice at her anymore!

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hehe

Congrats for jennifer lopez. That girl doesn't need makeup. What an ass :D

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was SHOCKED to see make up makes such a difference!!!!!!!!!

everybody is beautiful then !

david90

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't help but to think that some might be fake?

Anyway, some are unbeleivable.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that's why you shouldn't put girls on pedestals.. they're not great looking that's why they try to enhance their sexuality by getting plastic surgery/boob implants.

stevera004

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dirtheart
Clooney: I couldn't find any male celebs at their worst, but the links are just meant to show how much beauty is natural and how much of it is about cosmetic improvement.

Here's some better examples...

Vin Diesel
David Beckham
Brad Pitt
What your examples illustrate is that women idealize and desire powerful men. If Beckham wasn't a footballer (he is shyte BTW) he wouldn't pull any more a$$ than an AFC.

AMF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dirtheart,

Only Clooney (good old Clooney) seems to have responded to the meat of what youre trying to say here, so I will take the time to say YES. Youre absolutely right.

THere IS a universal standard of beautiful characteristics, pretty neatly summed up by your good self I might add. These criteria, as you say, seem largely the product of media influence (but of course, the media is a product of human values as much as it is a shaper of them.)

I think that often, when we see an "average" or "ugly" guy with a HB, and take that as evidence for the inferiority of looks beneath personality, we (as men) miss many of these vital, universal characteristics that women see.

The best example, although you have to take my perspective for it, is that of my housemate. He is by no means conventionally attractive. Many find particular features very unappealing, and many find him "dirty" , "scruffy", "rugged" or just plain ugly.

But if you take some time to view him objectively (Im not gay)... he has a number of these widely-appealing characteristics. He is 6 foot; always dark-skinned; he always looks healthy and never tired; he has masculine (flatter) eyebrows; light blue eyes that seem to... err... "reflect" the light; thick dark hair; constant rugged stubble.

In short, he probably fits the tall dark and handsome "ideal" for a man. This guy is a big time player. Even though most would say I am more attractive, I simply dont have these sort of masculine features that somehow represent or symbolise "man".

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this link best helped to explain the desierable features that all of us could agree on and is basically universal.

http://www.uni-regensburg.de/Fakult...beautycheck/english/prototypen/prototypen.htm

Average looking guys are the majority as well as Average looking women.

So in essence if you have the look of the Average guy on the right hand side (which most of us probably do since we would not be here on this website to begin with). Your overall DJ game should be top notch.

Its better to be an Average looking guy with Game then be the good looking guy on the left with no game. In the end all that matter is that you end up with the chick on the left hand side and not the chubby girl on the right. that's why if a Man is not ugly but average looking he has a chance like everyone else, but it would be harder for him never the less to get his foot in the door.

hope my first ever post helped ( and if not constructive critisizm are always welcome)

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AMF. you're right about average/ugly guy going with an hot/cute girls. I ask my girl who makes tons of money more than I do - why are you with me when there are many good looking guys with better paying jobs than me? she told me because they're not me.

at clubs, these same guys try to hit on her. it doesn't phase me for a bit. these same guys believe they are better than me when in reality, they 'don't get it.'

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I do agree that those so-called "ugly" guys have some kind of physical appeal to women. It's like my friend's taste in women. I'd give most of his HB8s and 9s less than 5 and vice versa. I also know girls who will only date guys with long hair, or guys who look scruffy.

The scruffy/ugly guy has a chance of finding women who find his look attractive, but his odds are going to be less than the generically attractive guy.

I do strongly believe that looks are an important aspect of attracting women. When you see women drooling over a guy they've never spoken to or get flustered as soon as he's around, it's hard to deny the power of instant physical attraction.

Although I think improving confidence and an attractive personality is essential, I don't think it should be used as a substitute for physical improvement. You cannot expect to eat yourself into obesity, neglect your hygiene, dress like a tramp and then expect women to pounce on you because of your wit and confidence.

DJDamage's link has some of the most fascinating material I've seen on this subject. The article on social perception is especially intriguing. Thanks for posting!

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage, THANKYOU!!! I have been argueing the following point with people on this board and others FOREVER!!!

The study on that link states "very symmetrical faces need not necessarily be judged attractive and very attractive faces often show deviations from perfect symmetry"!!!!! Yeah baby, finally some research evidence to dispell this myth that attractive faces are always symetrical and all symetrical faces are attractive! After hanging around many attractive people and knowing a lot of good models personally, I was stating this fact for years out of my own obvious observations, but people would just say "the media says symetrical faces are always attractive so they are"!! lol.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never ever listen to the Media and take it as a fact. But we are so accustomed to it because it is more enjoyable to listen to something and believe in it then to actually do hard resreach and try to dispute it.

I used to believe when I first heard and read about symmetrical faces and how the more symmetrical the face is the more attractive a person is. However deep down I knew that its not as simple as perfection that makes someone attractive.

This new reasearch should also be looked with contempt as to others, however this one makes more sense when it basically states that, it is not the symmetrical of the face that makes a person attractive but rather THE ACTUAL FACE THAT MAKES A PERSON ATTRACTIVE.

Eg. If your girl asks you "do this pants make me look fat?" and in which case they do, deep down you could think " yeah those pants do make her look fat. However what the reality is and the brutal honesty is that " its the actual fat that makes her look fat"

That is why there are so many AFC's out there because our Media tells us to believe in fantasy that someday we are going to meet our true love (cue the Violin) and they will get married happily ever after.

Every movie out there latley whether its comedy sci-fi or action basically shows the crying groveling geek ends up winning the hottest girl in the movie....

eg something about Mary --- Mary ends up choosing Ben Stiller the geek, the guy who is a true AFC over Brad Farve the football player.

Any Adam Sandler movie where he portrays himself as an immature loser and ends up getting the girl.

Attack of the Clones = Anakin Skywalker begs, grovels and crys in front of the princess feet (Natalie Portman) because she rejected him and now that he profess to her his undying love, MAGIC HAPPENS AND SHE FALLS FOR HIM!!! (George Lucas should be a ashamed of himself).

the List goes on......

I apologize to be going a bit off topic but the point is that one should try to better himself within the relam of his reality and be skeptic about everything that the media tells you is a FACT, because somebody is making a whole lot of money on the stuff you believe in.

That is why this website is great,,, there is not one answer to every problem, and if someone comes here and tells you something as being a fact, he will be exposed by other DJ experts and argued against it, until some sort of truth will come out.

I believe when it comes to looks for a female it has to be 75% looks and 25% Character for she to be considerd Alpha female. While for Males 50% looks and 50% Character is the balance which allows a guy to become Alpha Male Don Juan (has to be in the range of 60-40 anymore or less then that and the male is either too AFC or too ugly).

the 50% of Character is basically anything that a man can bring to the table that makes himself look like a real man, other then his looks. We know what the traits are because they were discussed in other forums.

I believe Kid Rock said it best" before I became a rock star I was ugly, now I am a sex symbol"

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In a sense, your correct DjDamage. Think about this though, especially if your religious since I am. What if these movies aren't lying? In fact, what if these movies are a generlization of what we've been discussing and thinking for so long? In fact, in my humble opinion I think the main idea of the movie is completely correct. The only reason I am living this playboy lifestyle is so eventaully I can find the one, but I'm going to find it in hyperspeed compared to any other average joe. I believe these movies portray our deepest thoughts, just with completely unrealistic standards (love of your life as a teenager, non playoby attitude wins the girl, etc).

Also to add, it's not as simple as "symetrical faces = beauty." Do you notice when a girl's personality lacks, she becomes less attractive then she was beforehand? There are so many variables that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
R3N I wouldn't really say that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
If you asked a couple of buddies of yours who happen to be from the same background to rate different women walking up and down the street from 1-10, I do believe that the variation of your rating won't be greater then 2.

eg.. If you were to Rate Rosie O'Donnell I bet you would rate her between a 2-4. If you were to rate Carmen Electra it would be between 7-9. Beauty is skin deep.

Now if a women has the personality of a pitbull then yes in your eyes her beauty will fall but only because your intrest falls as well. If Carmen Electra was a vicious ***** and you got to know her , you would see her as a 5-7, and if Rosie O'Donnell was the best girlfriend and sweetest human being would you still find her better attractive then the psycho *****???? I think not.

When it comes to women, the beauty on the outside is always ahead from the beauty on the inside.

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage, I hope you are kidding when you say Rosie O Donnell has a great personality. She is ugly and has an ugly personality while Carmen just has an ugly personality.