Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The importance of baby steps

BannedGod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an example taken from me... I'm a very shy person, and even saying hi to a random stranger is a very hard thing to do for me (although I'm good with eye contact)

I've read a lot of stuff here (the book of Pook twice, but mainly because I appreciate the philosophy behind it) and on another forum, I've browsed diagonally through the DJ Bible, and yet nothing worked.

I tried twice to convince myself to do the Bootcamp and it never worked, I never seemed to gather the courage to do more than eye contact, I tried to create two bootcamps that were easier to do, and still never gathered the courage

Sad no?

Yes.

Anyways, as you guys must have figured by now, I really do want to change, I'm just too much of a coward. So I decided to start from scratch, from something extremely easy (as easy and stupid as it sounds, at first I was having reserve and thinking twice about doing it because I thought I'd look stupid).

What did I do?

Simply wave to people while I'm driving (I drive a lot so I get many occasions). It sounds extremely stupid, but like I said even at first I had a hard time. But the more I did it, the more I: 1) Not only realized there's nothing wrong with the outcome (who cares if the person thinks your a dumbass, you'll never see that person again) and 2) How attaining goals, as easy and small as they are, can be huge confidence boosters.

Ever since I started that, I managed to go to a second step, say "hi" or start very small conversations with people at work (I work in a building of about 1200 people) Still something easy (since I have the security that people will all be friendly since we work for the same corporation), but it's an even better start than before!

I felt like sharing this with you guys.

Cliffs:

Intense social anxiety
Couldn't get over it
started with a tiny baby step
Succeeded in my goal
Went to a bigger step, currently going pretty well

Five To One

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Captain Harlock said:
a bit of alcohol can loosen you up.
ill keep that in mind if im still nervous about waving to people while i drive

Captain Harlock

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why the hell would you do such a dangerous and irresponsible thing (the waving at people part I mean)?