the grecian ideal

Reaction score
i found this off a site dedicated to Sandow, the father of modern body builders, ancient greeks used to follow a certain proportion and trained reguarly in their gyms, measurements were taken off roman statues of gods and the ratio is derived in this calculator...seems fairly reasonable, but looks good.

http://www.sandowmuseum.com/ideal.html
Ideal Body Measurement Calculator

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I found that the measurements are a tad bit small. I reach almost all of them(I'm only off by 1/4 of a inch on three of them),but only feel I'm "fit" not built like I would like to be(Vin Diesel).

Reaction score
blinkwatt said:
Thanks for the link. I found that the measurements are a tad bit small. I reach almost all of them(I'm only off by 1/4 of a inch on three of them),but only feel I'm "fit" not built like I would like to be(Vin Diesel).
hey...the greeks didn't have protein powder, did they :)

afc_recovering

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting, I'm going to have to guess that the Greek's weren't too fond of working their legs? My calves are 1.5 inches 'too big' and my thighs are 3 inches 'too big' :nervous: and then my chest is like 4 inches too small:cry: bi's are about 1 inch too small. I'm not sure I want my arms to be bigger than my legs though.... Someone tell those Greeks to get their squats in... :nono:

Anyone else notice this, I mean I know I had big legs but I thought they were proportionate...

PS. Never realised that my wrist is almost as big as my d!ck is....:crazy:

EDIT: Haha look at the statue, pretty sure his wrist is bigger than his.....