Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The GREATEST Threat To A Don Juan

Nine Breaker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Regardless of what you may have been told, a Don Juan fears not the ****y player posing as competition across the room. He will never fear the dating capabilities of the most confident of Nice Guys. He will never bend under the rejection of an attractive woman.

Far from it. But there IS one thing that will oppose a Don Juan from the very beginning to his final days, and only he knows of it...

The greatest opposition remains unseen to a Don, but it can see him clearly. For it is a stalker, it lurks in the shadows and waits for its moment to strike out and shatter the confidence and morale that the Don Juan requires so much to be successful. It cannot be harmed physically, because it has no physical form. It cannot be seen, but it can be heard - especially in a moment of disillusion and anxiety. It is the one thing, the only thing that can stand in our way.

It is our own SELF-DOUBT.

That was quite a build-up, wouldn't you say?

But it is the truth! It was there on the day of your first rejection, and it will be there forever more.

You can hear it speak to you whenever you see an attractive woman. "C'mon, you could NEVER gte that woman to talk to you, let alone get into her pants! You might as well go home and play your video games - because that's the most you'll get out of your existence!" Self-Doubt is a bastard, no doubt about it. It can be a very formidable foe also. It cannot be killed, for it exists within your own mind. Wherever you go it will always follow, planting the seeds of doubt and fear inside your new and cunning methods of seduction.

But is that all over then? Does that mean we have no choice but to bend and fold to the will of our own mental demons? HELL NO!

The battle to become a Don Juan on the outside is always fought and won on the inside. Everything that we do and observe externally has an impact upon the war that rages on internally. Everything that is good in our lives will aid our battle to win against our dreaded Self-Doubt, but likewise everything that goes wrong in our lives will feed and strengthen our Self-Doubt so that it is slightly closer to forever sapping our morale and leaving us as bitter and twisted remnants of what we could have been.

"Does that mean that if I have had a rough life I will never be able to beat my Self-Doubt and become a Don Juan?"

Once again, HELL NO!

Self-Doubt is an arrogant and stubborn creature. It will take much more than a small arguement to silence its foul whining. Struggling in itself is a sign of strength. It shows that you are a man of perseverence and character, and that is something that can prove to your Self-Doubt that you have what it takes to not only survive, but the succeed spectacularly!

"So what is the point of all this? How does having good memories and times help me overcome my so-called 'ultimate enemy'?"

You know the answer yourself! Doesn't it make common sense that all the good that you have done and experienced in your lifetime can be used to prove to yourself that you have lived well? And doesn't that then prove that you have been, and still ARE a great person?

THIS IS WHAT SELF-DOUBT FEARS THE MOST OF ALL!!!

It tries to tell you that you are a weakling, that you are hopeless and worthless. When you rebut to Self-Doubt that you ARE A GREAT MAN, that you have done and will continue to do great and worthy things in your lifetime - you are WINNING THE WAR AGAINST IT!

For once your Self-Doubt crumbles away, you will find yourself unbound and free. You will be confident in yourself and you will no longer fear women or relationships or approaching or any other small things that Self-Doubt had once made you believe were horrific tortures that even demons feared.

Unfortunately, defeating your Self-Doubt is something that I, or indeed any Don Juan here cannot help you with. It is your struggle, your war. All we can do is cheer you on and offer support and encouragement along the way.

But do not despair! For on the day you win the war against your greatest enemy, you will rest safe in the knowledge that on your own you defeated the greatest opposition you will EVER face - and that the successful pursuit of women is your reward...

... AND YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!

------------------
The Human Body Is A Fragile Thing, But The Human Soul Can NEVER Be Truly Broken.

[This message has been edited by Nine Breaker (edited 12-19-2001).]

extravaganza

Don Juan
Reaction score
HEAR HEAR!!!

Good post. indeed the only thing holding you back is yourself not her bf or anything else!!

Great post!

------------------
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. - groucho marx

Shadow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
EXCELLENT POST!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else nominate this for the DJ Bible? ;p

------------------
It's not who's wrong or right, but who's stronger.

People don't get what they deserve in this life.....they get what they take!

Confidence is a socially acceptable insanity

DJBedford

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this truly is bible material. good stuff.

later.

------------------
Bedford
a.k.a Bedford
AIM-Sk8terBNS
Weapon of choice-Lorenzo's baseball bat

DWOFS=Don't Waste Our Fukkin Space

The DJ Bible
The HS Bible

Sociopath31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My self-doubt has a physical form. I locked it in the chest in my closet with all the dead hookers.

Excellent dive into the realm of advanced DJ theory. It'll be in the back of my mind wherever I go.

GREAT WHITE SHARK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"The greatest victory is over yourself."

GREAT WHITE

Lorenzo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes this is the biggy!! and the only real opposition that I need to defeat - once its dead I will be the king of my life!

------------------
Nice guys wait, GOOD guys date!

wise_mage

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wonderful and very wise post! I`ve been here a while reading all I can and this is one of the best I have read so far. Excellent buildup. You have writing capabilities and a gift with language. every word you say is true. when you defeat self-doubt, you can defeat anything else. nothing can stand in the way of what you wanna do and who you wanna be. remember this:
"the worst foe of them all, lies within the self" said by myself and probably by many others throughout history. but listen to it. I know what I am talking about since I discovered a while ago that my worst, if not perhaps the only, enemy I had, was myself. and Im proud to say I am on my way to defeating self-doubt and that I have no doubt at all that I will eventually.

IntermediateDonJuaner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True.!!!!but......

Apart from all it, it has also something to do with normal human perception.

Of course, a hb will see definitely act ****y and etc because she knows she can get almost any guys she wants.! This is where it begins.

Throughout years of conditioning has lead us to believe that once we're rejected, we're definitely unworthy,inferior and etc. But that's not true.! People who are rejected often will definitely have a kind of phobia when dealing with women in future. And because of this stupid phobia called self-doubt, it leads to withdrawal. And hence, the theory called Avoidant Personality Disorder exists.!

Sounds terrible but true! And it will make us go mentally ill. How far is this true. I don't know!

Ivan Drago

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post, Nine Breaker. If I may add, another great threat to a Don Juan is good old fashioned laziness. Even if you are extremely qualified when it comes to women you still need constant practive to "stay in the game". But self-doubt is definitely still #1!

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only war that everyone fights and mostly they lose it, is the war against themselves, their self-doubt.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dammit, I thought N.B. was actually back (been a hell of a long time). It's another old-thread false alarm.

I agree, a Don Juan must have unbreakable confidence in himself at all times in order to be successful. Hell, he should still look confident when they finally lower him into the ground in a pine box. :)

October

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so true this post it i have never been rejected since i found the don juan in me. ITS ALL RELATED BACK TO CONFIDENCE.all these techniques and tips are no good unless you are confident.

Triple X

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, excellent post. Is this in the DJ Bible yet? If not it should be.