Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"The Game" by Neil Strauss - SNEAK PEAK

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Vassago
Hahahaa! Grimble is a ****ing loser man! Neil told me that he took stories from several different people and blended them together to create that character... and of course, he had to pick THAT character to put one of my stories in!

I'm going to give him **** tonight when I see him... TRUST ME! LOL...

And yes, I am getting commission. I'm taking half of the profits since it is an HONOR to feature a story about ME in the book! ;)

I don't know about the other books on Amazon... as far as other good books I have read, I recommend Leil Lowndes "Talking The Winner's Way", "Influence" by Cialdini, "48 Laws Of Power" by Greene, and "Who's Pulling Your Strings?" by Braiker.

And to that guy who said he'd never spend money on material... why even bother trying to learn in the first place? That attitude tells me that you have much deeper problems that are preventing you from having success with women... stuff that no "technique" you learn in here is going to fix. Get a job... it's attractive to women. Frugality and unwillingness to spend money to improve your life are NOT. $30 for someone's LIFE'S WORK sounds like a pretty good deal to me... lol...
I might get this book it seems like a good read. I also recommend the 48 Laws of Power. I had that book for over a year and I still take time to read it.

allan976

Don Juan
Reaction score
BOOK SIGNING FIELD REPORT

I. THE TALK
I attended Style's book signing and just viewing him in person and listening to him speak just blew away any preconceptions of what's necessary to become a PUA. Style has large ears, a big nose, large, sad eyes, and slightly ruddy skin. He looks to be in his early 40's. He's slight of build, perhaps 130 lbs. soaking wet. He looks frail, even wearing a thick jacket. He looks like a film or ethnomusicology grad student. His voice is soft, and he has an amusing 'beavis and butthead' laugh which frequently interrupts his monologue about how he became a successful PUA after years of reading, posting, gaming, and so on. I had a strange and not terribly kind thought that this guy looks like those kids who suffer from Progeria's Disease (premature aging) that you sometimes see on morning television talk shows. That's not politically correct and I don't mean to be harsh, but please realize Style's appearance is dead average at best, and this means ANYONE has a chance to game.

It's very odd, but every time I encounter a PUA grandmaster, my inhibitions about approaches completely vanishes immediately thereafter and I stop censoring my actions and words around women. Same thing this time 'round. I see these guys and think 'damm, if this guy can do it, anyone can.'

Major props to Style for working on his game. He claims he spent up to 16 hours a day reading and posting online about this stuff. Now that's dedication.

II. POST TALK/PRE DINNER
What was terribly odd about his book signing was that he spent about an hour talking about game, warning the audience to look out for community members who game, and told everyone the game was on even after the publication of The Game, but then I saw a very pretty blonde sitting by herself, reading a book, and NO ONE approached her at all after his talk. I mean no one. I was absolutely flabbergasted! I had to open her simply for the sake of protecting this 'community's' reputation. I get interrupted in the middle of the set (a newbie who is doing this to me on a regular basis), and I eject. Terrible. She says: "yeah, I see you have to go with your MALE friends," implying I'm/we're gay. I deserve to get ripped like that. Then again, the community should be ripped for leaving a pretty girl all alone like that imho. The Game was definitely NOT on that night.

III. THE DINNER
A bunch of us went out to eat at a local restaurant. The guys in the community were very 'reverent' towards the guru who published the book that looked like the bible. My feeling was, 'shouldn't I be in a bar or club or anywhere else where there are girls, instead of sitting around a table talking with a bunch of guys?' This contradiction, nor the earlier one, struck any of the guys as problematic.

I also worked up the nerve to talk to Style's toxic girlfriend. She was complaining about how late it was, how tired she was, blah blah blah. I start to tease and neg her.

Me: "Go grab him by his hair and pull him out of the restaurant (Style is bald)."

Her: "Well he doesn't have any hair, you mean by his goatee?" I can't believe it; she's smiling.

Me: "Didn't you take Style's seminar? You need to be more ALPHA..."

Her: "Neil, honey..."

I push out my chair and stand up and much to my relief, I hear a bunch of chairs in unison sliding out from under the table.

I met a third online dating guru at the restaurant. This gentleman is perhaps in his late twenties, near 6' tall, and is easily 100 pounds overweight. He seems like a nice guy, but again, same impression: if he can do it, anyone can. The Hunchback of Notre Dame can, The Beast doesn't need to have one-itis with the Beauty, you get the picture. Another night of shattering illusions.

IV. THE (DYSFUNCTIONAL) COMMUNITY
A final thought: it's clear that the 'gurus' despise both the students and each other. One of the gurus (this guy is conventionally good looking) did a series of impersonations of all the gurus. It was pretty funny, but the sense of community is a pretty nasty and caustic one.

It's a backstabbing, biting, and to some degree a self loathing form of community. Style was constantly ripping his former self for being shy, not getting any action (even at a de facto all girls school), for not being 'alpha' enough, for being an internet and pick up addict, and so on. Whatever Style's improvements to his outer game, he still has an overwhelming inferiority complex that you would have to be deaf, dumb, and blind not to notice.

V. STYLE'S GIRLFRIEND
His girlfriend. Completely toxic personality. Style is laidback, quiet and slight. His girlfriend is loud, abrasive and domineering. This strikes me as a classic co dependent sado masochistic relationship. I'm sure Style got what he wanted: a rocker girl with a feisty streak, but seeing them together gives me a much clearer idea of the type of woman I should avoid. Crazy stuff. Very enlightening, toxic, hilarious, liberating stuff.

Life in LA, man.

Last edited:

Vassago

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hahahaaa... interesting observations Allan. I was at the signing too, but I could only stay about 10 minutes (I caught the end of Cameron's speech).

Bradshaw, that is me. That was ****ing hilarious man... that was actually the 2nd seminar that particular guy had attended, and to his credit, he was actually much improved from the first time I met him! While he still has some work to do I admire him for getting out there and taking action.

Asian Playboy - HAHAHAHAHAAA! That guy deserved a beating! Now, don't ever refer to me as GRIMBLE again! ;)

BTW - last night I found out that most of the Grimble charactor is based on Swinggcat... lol.

SlaterT

Don Juan
Reaction score
grimbles bad shirt = swingcat for sure

SlaterT

Don Juan
Reaction score
i actually started at sosuave and went to fs. Now im back at a sosuave style of thinking. why? The persuit of happiness. The pua lifestyle is all consuming. Its not a healthy way to live. Theres always this nagging depression when you realize that persuing a lifestyle that limits your options to short term relationships at the expense of becoming a well rounded man (a la sosuave) totally SUCKS.

Most puas I met couldnt get girls. The ones that could, couldnt keep them. a) because they didnt know how to b) their lifestyle would never support it. c) their self image wouldnt support it either. d) they were wierd, totally fake and certainly not cool.

Id rather be someone who can look at myself in the mirror and interact with people on a genuine level and aim high in life, as most of you sosuavers realize too.

Hopefulicious

Reaction score
I bought the book two days ago and finished it. It's a very interesting read. Definintely worth the $26 bucks i spent. Besides, if you're that cheap, you can just return the book to the bookstore dude. But i plan to keep it, and read it over again a few weeks from now.

Vassago, thanks for posting about the book. I was wondering if you still have that clip of your Elimidate fiasco? I wanna watch it, and I can host it for others to download it also.

yojimbo

Reaction score
But does it help?

Is the book worth buying? Is it a guide to seduction or a cautionary tale?

It's just making its way to the UK...

thissucks003

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn this book is good! I can't put it down. My studies this weekend have been shot. Thanks Style for writing a great book!

After finishing reading about the Porcelain TwinZ girls on page 111, I found they have a website. Here it is:http://www.porcelaintwinz.com/

TS

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
asf

I've met some guys off there. I think it's unfair to say that they cannot get women, but a more accurate statement is that they won't accept any woman. All of the (granted onlythree-four) guys I've met off asf seemed pretty capable of getting women.

I'm on there as well and have a woman walking over to my pad now. I could've picked up a semi-OK black chick last night but she was about 15lbs overweight so I decided to pass. She was responding to my voice and giving me KIno. A lot of times I just like to get girls in the zone, catch & release style.

I get shot down a lot, and I'll be the first to admit I'm not the best with white women. However, every man has his niche and any man who refuses to give up will eventually get good with talking to women. To me, the key is knowing how to talk to women more than anything else. Dressing well and having style just increase the number of women you'll get a chance to do so with. Which forum you talk on does not affect your ability to pick up women unless you're totally incapable of self-thought.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thissucks003
Damn this book is good! I can't put it down. My studies this weekend have been shot. Thanks Style for writing a great book!

After finishing reading about the Porcelain TwinZ girls on page 111, I found they have a website. Here it is:http://www.porcelaintwinz.com/

TS
I didn't realize it was those twins. I saw them in London a couple of years ago. It was an interesting show but I didn't think they were all that.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting stuff, if Amazon ever gets my copy to me HAHA.

B-Lemond

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just finished reading the book. It was GREAT up until the end. He started giving me the impression that he wants to encourage us NOT to learn seduction and JUST BE YOURSELF. What I learned from this book is that everyone studies how to ATTRACT a girl but no one ever wants to focus on how to KEEP the girl. I think, (speaking from personal experience), that to attract a girl, all these DJ skills and techniques are the key. BUT to keep the girl you just have to be AFCish. When I say this, I mean that you need to let loose and forget about all these rules. I DO NOT mean to call constantly and act like you have nothing else going on for you. Just be more flexible and be more open to the girl emotionally, is the message. This might be the message Style was trying to touch on.