Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The fvcking Zen of ditching your cell phone

Mistic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In light of a BS $800 cell bill my phone was turned off due to late payment. At first I was going to try to make a couple payments or, or bargain down the company which I have done before. But as I got to thinking, "DO I really need that thing?" I decided I didn't. No more worries about minutes, or dropping it, or loosing it, or any stress related to cells.

Then the minute I decided "fvck it. Fvck cell phones, fvck the bill, over it," my phone mysteriously disappeared. Now I am thinking sh!t, all my numbers are in there, all my contacts, all my girls. I looked everywhere and it is just gone.

After a moment of slight angst, I felt completely liberated. And I remembered all the tears growing up without one,and how I never really needed it. How I still dont.

So what did I really loose?

1. A leash offered by corporate d!cks to monitor me in the Matrix.
2. A way for all the people I dont normally want to talk to, women included, to call me when THEY want.
3. A method for trying to control the course of my day.
4. Potential risk for cancer (debatable)

You see, I truly believe that cell phones are very essentially AFC. They are a little security blanket to stay always connected with everyone all the time. And have you noticed when you drop it, it actually hurts as if it is a part of you. A typical sight now is to see three girls walking through the mall, all on their phones talking to other people. It is disconnection at it's core.

It's like this trendy, addictive, expensive, cultural past time, and it is all based in illusion. If you want to start living in the moment, going with the flow, living more Zen, more simply, consider getting rid of your cell phone and reawakening to life in reality.

But how do I talk to my girls, you may ask?
Fvck phone conversations, and # closes. Get her # so you can call her, or decide on a time and place to meet when you are face to face. Get a fvcking commitment right now, and stop relying on your cell to do follow up's, and prep work through a device.

My uncle taught me to never give your number to a girl, and stay clear of the phone in general. He was wise before his time, but many of you may be too deep in the Matrix to understand this message.

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I admire your new found freedom.

But unless you're planning on completely escaping the modern world, I suggest you pay your bill since believe me, you eventually will have to. Last year I paid a bill over a thousand dollars due to a delinquent cell phone bill.

Also, it sounds like you simply had an issue with your cell phone. A cell phone can be a great tool in life. Perhaps rather than completely banishing it, you should implement discipline when using it. Why was the $800 bill "BS?" Simply because you went over your minute-plan and got stuck paying high overage charges? You signed the contract and should have taken a mature role to control the situation.

You can attempt to persuade yourself why they were wrong, you're right, and how they can all f*ck off, but ultimately the bill will be paid and you will still be left with the mentality that got you in this situation in the first place.

Mistic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WORKEROUTER said:
I admire your new found freedom.

But unless you're planning on completely escaping the modern world, I suggest you pay your bill since believe me, you eventually will have to.
I use a debit card, I already have bad credit, I don't ever want to buy a house or a new car, and to top it off, I live in Hawaii where I can survive off coconuts and Pvssy. :crackup:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lost my phone tonight. I may have left at one gf's house, which is bad if she checks the call history and texts, and even worse if another certain girl is trying to call me. My cel phone may have just liberated me of a woman or two.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mistic said:
But how do I talk to my girls, you may ask?[/B] Fvck phone conversations, and # closes. Get her # so you can call her, or decide on a time and place to meet when you are face to face. Get a fvcking commitment right now, and stop relying on your cell to do follow up's, and prep work through a device.
umm you still said "get her number and call her" so you still will need a phone of some sort. Its not the cell phone that is the problem but how you use or control it rather then letting it control you. You are better of discontinue the old technology of Landline phone and just keep your cell phone at home and don't take it out with you if you don't want to be bothered by it (or take it with you and turn the cell phone off). Just chucking out the cellphone out the window shows your lack of dealing with the sitaution and giving up.

U

user43770

Mistic said:
I use a debit card, I already have bad credit, I don't ever want to buy a house or a new car, and to top it off, I live in Hawaii where I can survive off coconuts and Pvssy. :crackup:
Fvcking hilarious, man.

Ingeniarius

Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
I'm packing my bags

You wanna share a cab to the airport? :D

Mistic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WORKEROUTER said:
Why was the $800 bill "BS?" Simply because you went over your minute-plan and got stuck paying high overage charges? You signed the contract and should have taken a mature role to control the situation.
Correct, the bill was accurate. They messed up and charged me $600 last year, and I busted them on false charges. They adjusted my bill and compensated me 10,000 anytime minutes. I got used to not paying attention to my minutes, and when the 10,000 expired I went over for a couple months. So, yes it is my fault, but I know that they plan on getting you used to being care free. knowing a % of people will go way over when it expires. Not complaining, just not really caring.

AgonyUncle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What a load of nonsense.

Mobile phones are as important as email these days. It would affect my income if I did not have one. It would affect my quality of life because a cellphone allows me to work from a remote location giving me more lesuire time. Its a great device to store images, reminders and numbers. Im more productive because of it.

It comes down to self management. My cellphone is on silent permanantly. Caller ID means I can call them back when I feel like it, private numbers mean they can leave a message. You dont HAVE to answer right away. You dont HAVE to return a txt. The vibrartion feature lets you know that someone is trying to contact you.

If you have a problem with people calling you to check up on you, then you have problems bigger then the intrusive nature of mobile phones.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol reminds me of a girl that sat beside me on the bus once. She spent the whole 40 minute ride ON HER PHONE talking to some girlfriend *****ing about how much her phone bill was!!!

If you went over, its your own fault. While carriers are a bit unscrupulous, it's up to you to keep track of yourself. You may think you'll never need credit so it doesn't matter, but I think it will come back to bite you at some point in the future. Being a beach bum will get old after a while.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd never make any money without my cell phones. Being available my superiors and bosses, is crucial in my line of work. Our buisness would experience severe problems should our cellular budget get slashed and we were reduced to stationary phones.

Cell phones make socilzation easier on several levels. I don't see any benifits to taking steps backwards in that respect.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I am in college, I will chime in.

In college, it really is NOT necessary. Once you begin working, it will become important.

My friend used his blackberry to send me an email about a time and place to meetup while he was out in some part of the state doing a public speaking gig.

I have to get a cell phone next year because the apartment that I will be living in will not be having a cell phone.

comic_relief

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Much like PRMoon, my cell phone is essential in the line of work that I do.

I wonder if you'd be making this post if you had 800 bucks to pay your bill?

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually I like the feeling I get when I leave it at home. No annoying phone calls, texts, etc. No feeling of a need to respond to people.

It's ok to be antisocial every once in a while. My job requires alot of personal interaction with people and it's nice to have some quiet. Which is one reason I'm home on a Saturday night, while the girlfriend is at work.

Kind of nice to have quiet!

Mistic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ThunderMaverick said:
I wonder if you'd be making this post if you had 800 bucks to pay your bill?
I have the money, and almost paid it. As I said, this was a matter of choice. If I ever need a credit card, I'll pay it and that will be that.

However, I am moving out of the Matrix, not trying to go deeper in. If you have a cell, then you ARE in the Matrix, like it or not. Same with computers, and every other electronic device. That's why this computer will be the next to go.

All of this crap is sucking your life, just like the the miserable jobs that you need your cell phone for. I know, because I also have one, but not for long. Mistic is heading for true freedom and liberation, where real men survive.

There's a lot of talk here about being a real man, and escaping the Matrix, but if you cant survive on your own, and especially without your cell phone, you are just an infant on this planet. We are just babies, being baby sat by the govt. We are like co-dependent b!tches, and the bros on the other side of your cell are some of your masters, like it or not.

We hunt for women because we have lost our natural path as independent hunter/gatherer's, and now live as beggars. When I go on fishing and hunting and survival trips here, and hang out with real men, who dont rely on Big Babysitter, things become a little more clear. It's a little easier to see here, because we are not so immersed in the illusion, as you guys are in the big cities.

All I am saying is that getting rid of my cell is a small step towards liberation, and I plan on taking more steps as I can let go.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I ever need a credit card, I'll pay it and that will be that.
I'm no banker, but I'm pretty sure you get bad credit when you don't pay on time. Paying a bill off at some point in the future months or years after it's due doesn't really cancel it out.

Rho

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mistic said:
However, I am moving out of the Matrix, not trying to go deeper in. If you have a cell, then you ARE in the Matrix, like it or not. Same with computers, and every other electronic device. That's why this computer will be the next to go.
you still need to jack into the matrix occasionally, to fight the opressors.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i say time after time, i will not carry a cell phone unless i am traveling. who really needs it on a daily basis?

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rho said:
you still need to jack into the matrix occasionally, to fight the opressors.
Hey, the main characters of the matrix had cell phones.

comic_relief