Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Fountainhead

LAWYER

Banned
Reaction score
If you still need some assurance on how to be a real man perhaps this book will help.

The Fountainhead by Rand, Ayn... is a novel written by a woman a presentation of an ideal man.

I found it a TORRENT...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Atlas Shugged" is much better.

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Francisco-

Did you hear they are making a movie out of it?

Guess who is playing Dagny? ANGELINA JOLIE

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm staring at about four Ayn Rand books right now. I read Fountain head several years ago, before I was in this DJ menatality. Atlas Shrugged, I havent' read it. They are so LONG, lol.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LovelyLady said:
Hey Francisco-

Did you hear they are making a movie out of it?

Guess who is playing Dagny? ANGELINA JOLIE
I know! She said that Dagny was the literary character that she could most relate to. They're also talking to Russell Crowe to play the part of Hank Rearden and may even work in a bit part for Patricia Neal!

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember the Fountainhead movie with Gary Cooper, which I watched after reading the book. Crazy that they would try to make a movie from something so intense back then. I bet the current versions of the films will be much more gritty and true to the books.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
I'm staring at about four Ayn Rand books right now. I read Fountain head several years ago, before I was in this DJ menatality. Atlas Shrugged, I havent' read it. They are so LONG, lol.
So what are you waiting for man?!! It's withing arms reach! Jump to it! :woo:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reset said:
I remember the Fountainhead movie with Gary Cooper, which I watched after reading the book. Crazy that they would try to make a movie from something so intense back then. I bet the current versions of the films will be much more gritty and true to the books.
The movie didn't do the book any justice but Atlas, that's going to be another thing altogether. Originally it was going to be a trilogy with each movie being three hours in length! :eek: It's been squeezed into a single two and a half hour movie (rats).

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't have Atlas. I was big into the Objectivist thing (know you are too) years ago when I was forming my political views. So I have some of her non-ficiton. Maybe I will get it. I deserve to relax and read a good book.

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was so disappointed in the movie Fountainhead. I expected better knowing she had written the screenplay.

Patricia Neal in Atlas - there is a nice synchronicity to that.

I think Hilary Swank would play a better Dagny than Jolie.

Crowe would be good casting.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to say it but I don't think that Hilary Swank could pull it off. I don't think she could pull off Dagny's old-world-like business passion and she's not sexy enough. Dagny's character needs to be hot enough for the male characters to want but have an edge which scares them; a woman who could be a true prize to a John Galt (who will be played by an unknown).

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I will be surprised if Jolie can pull off the sense of strength/intelligence/character that Dagny has though.

IMO, she has not had to play a multi-dimensional character since Girl Interrupted. She can do sexy - but can she pull off the depth of the character beyond the surface beauty? Swank could.

Also, Dagny was not found attractive by EVERY man - many characters found her sexually cold/undesirable. But I do understand the need for the film - for the viewers, en masse - to find her physically appealing.

I hope the film/Jolie's performance captures the more important characteristics of Dagny's - the underlying qualities that drove those particular men -and Galt specifically- to want to her.

I think Jolie's outer beauty could be a distraction - even a disservice - to that aspect of Rand's creation. It will be interesting to see!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LovelyLady said:
I will be surprised if Jolie can pull off the sense of strength/intelligence/character that Dagny has though.

IMO, she has not had to play a multi-dimensional character since Girl Interrupted. She can do sexy - but can she pull off the depth of the character beyond the surface beauty? Swank could.

Also, Dagny was not found attractive by EVERY man - many characters found her sexually cold/undesirable. But I do understand the need for the film - for the viewers, en masse - to find her physically appealing.

I hope the film/Jolie's performance captures the more important characteristics of Dagny's - the underlying qualities that drove those particular men -and Galt specifically- to want to her.

I think Jolie's outer beauty could be a disservice to that aspect of Rand's creation. It will be interesting to see!
Jolie will be played down aesthetically. They're going make her one of those closet beauties who could be very attractive if she took a little time to make herself up. Her (lack of) acting ability will lend itself to Dagny's "cut to the chase" nature. The script will need to carry her with her interactions with Hank before she finds the gulch and with John after. The thing that I'm afraid of is a eerie feeling I have of them casting Antonio Banderas in a role. :nervous:

LovelyLady

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Jolie will be played down aesthetically. They're going make her one of those closet beauties who could be very attractive if she took a little time to make herself up. Her (lack of) acting ability will lend itself to Dagny's "cut to the chase" nature. The script will need to carry her with her interactions with Hank before she finds the gulch and with John after.
Oh, I see. It could work, then.

The thing that I'm afraid of is a eerie feeling I have of them casting Antonio Banderas in a role. :nervous:
:eek: :crackup:

LAWYER

Banned
Reaction score
I bet all you guys are girls... haha

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:yawn:

LAWYER

Banned
Reaction score
The book is boring... im not even half way and I can't read no more...

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't you have to be able to write to become a legal pro?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not everyone can understand the concept, at least understand it enough to appreciate it.

LAWYER

Banned
Reaction score
Not everyone can understand the concept, at least understand it enough to appreciate it.

I understand the concept...thats why I am read it in the first place...just that the book gets borring when its not talking about roark.