Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Expert Forum

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember someone thinking bringing up this idea 3-4 months ago, and at the time i Strongly disagreed with the idea, thinking it would not be fair, but after spending more time getting to know life and coming back here, i have to say, this would be a great idea indeed.

Here is why:

Do you notice how many old members stopped posting, why do you think it is? The reason is, whenever you open the discussion forum, you are blinded with completely usless threads. Most of them do not provide you with any infromation at all.

People just do not have the time to sit and sort through all the posts, looking for a good one. (It is like looking through junk mail)

Creating an exclusive forum for members who actually want to talk about REAL things would be a great addition to this site.

And the natural question would be "How will it be determined who is allowed to be a part of the exclusive forum?"

A good way to solve this probelm would be :

A. Member who had been on the site for over a month (so he can get around), has more than 50 posts (meaning he contributes), and, most importantly HAS THE SUPPORT OF OTHER MEMEMBERS. People would notice who is making good posts, and recommend the person.

This would also help the usless threads problem, people would stop posting dumb comments, becuase they do want to become a part of the "expert" forum.

Opinions welcome.

-Oxide.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds good..

But for your conversation about real things...
Come to DJ chat!

ATTENTION:
Now many of you think nobody is there when some guys are there just idling. I just hate it when someone pops in while I'm taking a **** or something and when I come back there is just a message "oh, nobody here". Guys the idea of staying on the channel is that maybe after one minute there comes some other guy in or guys like me would check the irc window for chat messages. It doesn't mean that I'm not online if I'm logged in there. I might be reading stuff. So stay there at least 10 minutes before you quit if you don't want to idle there while you are on boards posting (which is really logical thing to do BTW). US guys, you can reach me there usually your daytime.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ox- you set it up im there (if im invited)

*drix worries for countless seconds whether the ppl of sosuave think he is cool enough*

why 50 and not 100 why 100 and not 200.

regardless ppl will always fvck around.

theres no way a new forum would be set up

but like i told....franciso D'antonia(?) if you put the BASICS together id be more than happy to give my input.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drix, cmon bud, you gonna let me handle the hardest part and then come in blazing?;) :p

Im sure if we cooperate with mods, this would become a great addition.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok what are your detailed ideas so far?

how would this forum be different from the regular discussion forum

i know the mods/allen dont want this sort of thing becuase it encourages a higharchy(sp?) which is the Anti-DJ (yea ive been readin a lot of pook lately)

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that is what i used to think, BUT, hierarchy ALWAYS EXISTED!

No matter what anyone says, hierarchy is a part of human. Whenever we meet someone, we place them ABOVE or BELOW ourselves, and react on this. (I know it is horrible, that is why DJ'ing helps it).

We are not trying to make someone better than another, we are trying to LET NEWBIES deal with NEWBIES (Make them read bible 100 times is the next best thing ;) :p, and leave experts share suggestions within themselves.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fellas!
What do you want from this new forum?
What kind of things it would be about?
Some more advanced stuff?

Now we could make it all over again by making current DJ Forum a newbie forum (as it is right now)
And add an advanced section.
The problem is...
What is advanced and what is rookie?
how can you separate them from each other?

If you made a 50+ posts count forum, it wouldn't differ a shiit from out DJ Forum.

EDIT:
We are not trying to make someone better than another, we are trying to LET NEWBIES deal with NEWBIES (Make them read bible 100 times is the next best thing , and leave experts share suggestions within themselves.
Now what do you think if newbies give advice to newbies and there wouldn't be DJ's amongst them?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ice, hypothetical question....hah!

Do not concentrate on 50 posts thing, that is just a tiny thing.

The BIG thing, that is going to make it different is this:

IF you mis behave, spam, or do any usless stuff, you are BANNED from the expert forum forever. This will discourage any dumb activity.

What will we talk about? we will talk about how our perception of the game is changing as we grow, share different ideas, and more COMPLEX ideas. We will talk about stuff that is beyond "SHOULD I CALL HER?!" junk.

Ice, of course there would be DJ's amongst them, those are going to be the next people who MOVE on to expert forum.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that is what i used to think, BUT, hierarchy ALWAYS EXISTED!
and thats nice but i want some solid idea drawn out

Originally posted by Hot Ice

EDIT: Now what do you think if newbies give advice to newbies and there wouldn't be DJ's amongst them?
see this is so true

that is why id suggest some kind of chat and if it is IRC. lets make another room (is that possible)

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
>>Discussion forum.

Id like to hear more opinions on this.

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The amount of posts has no bearing on how 'expert' somebody is or isn't. Therefore I wouldn't lock it or keep it exclusive. Instead just leave the General Forum for guys who choose to ask dumb questions until they finally hear what they want to hear, and leave the Expert Forum for the more advanced questions. Sorta like mASF. The Mods can decide to move any Newbie crap to the General.

Ox, if you really want to create a group of who you consider 'the elite', create a MSN Group (http://groups.msn.com) and invite who you wish. That way the people will have to receive formal invites before they get in, and you can moderate the discussions. Then you can use Sosuave as the Minor Leagues and invite guys to your forum when they've proven they have something to contribute.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you look hard enough you will find people who started a forum with myself in the past for this purpose. it was a novel idea but i didn't market it and when it comes down to it, everything this site is about is a lot of work, but not necessarily that complicated. there just wasn't much to talk about. people leave because they don't have questions anymore and the rest is redundant. i stay because i like certain aspects of this forum and it's a good place to cruise around after a long day of school. and its always cool to help people out when they need it.

Reaction score
Over at ASF they have an Advanced Forum. Really helps separate the wheat from the chaff, if ya know what I mean.

I doubt they will implement this here. The only suggestions I have seen put in place is lots of banning and the addition of the Wingman forum. Allen probably has bigger fish to fry than worry about our silly whining for improvement.

I say we should leave the site as it is and just flame all the new guys so they leave. :)

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think newbie forum sounds better. That would easily sort all the "biggest problem ever! HELP!" threads away from the main forum and people can just go in there and copy and paste "READ THE BIBLE!" for them.....

Maybe make a restriction of having had to have 50+ posts before you can start threads in the main forum (it is gonna be pretty hard to get 50 posts if you can't even make any replies in the main forums. surely they can only make so many "A girl sneezed me in the face - should I have asked for her number?" posts).

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its great you guys want to improve your game so much. Good for you. But why must you resort to talking about "Advanced DJ Topics" with guys on the internet while you could be discussing it with guys and girls you know in reality?

And I wonder, if your so advanced in the game, what would there be to talk about? Honestly the more advanced in the game you get the simpler it gets, so whats there to discuss?

Mr. Mystery

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Mystery
Its great you guys want to improve your game so much. Good for you. But why must you resort to talking about "Advanced DJ Topics" with guys on the internet while you could be discussing it with guys and girls you know in reality?

And I wonder, if your so advanced in the game, what would there be to talk about? Honestly the more advanced in the game you get the simpler it gets, so whats there to discuss?

Mr. Mystery
i came to that conclusion

also if done properly it would take away from ss.com and i dont want that

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mys, not all of us have papa and duren to talk to in real life, hell you know 90% of guys have no clue what to do with a woman.

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
mys, not all of us have papa and duren to talk to in real life, hell you know 90% of guys have no clue what to do with a woman.
Huh? I think your confusing me with Mystery from ASF, I'm not him, I'm me.

Mr. Mystery

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh, my bad man. i thought u were same guy. is Tyler from here same guy tho?