Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Evils of Alcohol

TOm

Reaction score
Hiya,

Long time reader, first time poster. (I know its a corny opening but I could do with a bit of advice).

Anyhows, the other afternoon I had a casual date with a girl from work (I have left that job now so work relationship not a problem). I asked her for a few frames of pool and a quiet drink but it definately turned into a real good date - you know how you really click with someone, it was definately there trust me!

Following the 'date' we went together to my leaving do but weren't really couply (well would you be after onyl a few hours of decent conversation). Obviously as it was my leaving do I got bought a lot of drinks and you can only imagine how drunk I was on 16pints!!!!. Its probably a good thing that she went because I tend to be an idiot when drunk. I ended up trying it on with this other lass (particularly rancid I might add) and eventually just collapsed.

Now how badly does this actually reflect on me? I definately want to pursue the original lass but am not sure whether to bring my drunkeness up or what? I've been in similar situations before and in my experience just leads to awkwardness (spl).

dionysius_d

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yes, drinking too much turns you into an ass.

try to look for the reason why you need to turn yourself into a drunken fool when you go out.. then aim at overcoming that 'issue' without the booze.

you will have a better time with no drinks or a couple maximum.. also you will show you are more in control (something women look for).

TOm

Reaction score
I agree

I agree, alcohol and particularly drunkeness is a big turn off and is something I've been using these forums to remedy. I used to have a lot more success when drunk than when sobre - all about lowering inhabitions and shyness I guess.

It has been something I've been working on, thats why I feel all the more devastated at the possibility that i've wrecked my chances. Now obviously I can go out and prove that it was a one off but shes not likely to hear off my nights out when im sobre cos ive left work nd doesnt hang with my mates. Should I just forget it ever happened or come out with a line like 'im not usually like that', hope that she's attracted enough to suggest going on a second date (probably somewhere non-alcoholic).

Alchol really is a potential nasty for DJ's, just wish I hadnt over indulged.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
part of being a DJ is knowing your limits.

getting that drunk is definitely not the DJ way - exceptions, if your hanging with your buds, but not a good idea in public...

Thoroughbred

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed when I drink a lot I can really pick up chicks without thinking about it. Of course I know the bad part, but I seemed to attract a lot of girls even if I was really drunk.

3rdeye

Don Juan
Reaction score
i like to stay away form alcohol as much as possible,
when i drink i cant bust my nut, i mean i can but it takes forever.
but if i smoke some weed i turn into a minute man.
as for when it comes to using alcohol to help you with your conversation skills or helpin you be a better dj, try to use the bare minimum, you dont want to be an alcoholic.
peace

Eric Smith

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I get drunk, I basically talk to every girl that walks by.

TOm

Reaction score
Me silly

Well i've not spoken to the nice lass I want but I've been through my fone and have 3 new girls numbers !!!!!, I have to say I do like a drink to give me a bit of confidence but usually just one or two. I've been a pratt, but dont seem to have come out of it too badly.

bugsquish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Thoroughbred
I've noticed when I drink a lot I can really pick up chicks without thinking about it. Of course I know the bad part, but I seemed to attract a lot of girls even if I was really drunk.
ditto

unixguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
WHAT IS WONG HERE!! ..

A REAL MAN DOES NOT NEED LIQUID COURAGE!!