Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The "everyone's watching me" feeling

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you get rid of it? It only happens to me sometimes when i'm alone and like walking around a huge mall or something. I start blinking faster and it just feels uncomfortable overall. I'm amazing one on one, or even with a bunch of people. It's just when i'm somewhere alone and there are a bunch of people (like in a mall and everyone's walking fast). It just feels weird sometimes. Not all the time mind you, just sometimes.

and i just have to add, when it does happen it starts to anger me to the point where I want to punch someone in the face and at that point if someone's smiling or laughing i think it's automatically towards me.

xenigo

Reaction score
Sounds like some kind of anxiety problem. You should go talk to a doctor about that.

Sniper2k

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're obviously intimidated by crowds, thats really common so don't be ashamed. The mall is one of the best places to practice your pickup game, take advantage whenever you see the chance. The more you're around people the more comfortable you'll become, so interact with as much as you can. You gotta realize there's nothing to be afraid or or mad about. The people that are around you ARE feeling the same way. They'll usually leave you be just so as long as you are peaceful around them too. Keep good posture and be confident! Relax, just go about your business and have fun. Oh, next time you're at the mall buy me a new Rolex...:D

M2k961

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, getting "rid of it" will require much more development emotionally and mentally on your part.

Like said above, you have to not care what others think.

You have to realize that the people around you are humans as well, with the same feelings, concerns, and mind sets (well, most of them).

When that "crystallized moment" occurs for you, you'll be much better off.

Personally, I love walking around alone. It's a feeling of freedom. No one bothering you, no deadlines, no worries. Just a time to observe other people and think.

Of course, there ARE deadlines and worries when you go shopping, so you'll have to account for that :)

You have a limited time on Earth, just forget about these things and have fun!

Amog

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sharpshooter

When walking in public areas, try holding eye contact with women. Dont look threatening. Make it look as if you're interested. With a slight smile for example. It may be difficult for you, but persistance is key.

coldcoal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The first step is to check if youare 100% comfortable with what you are wearing. Sounds strange, but if you are not wearing clothes that make you want to go out and be seen in purposly, it will pop up as one anxiety when you get that watched feeling.

The second step was already given to you. Slow down everything! Take the $ out of your wallet when you're paying for something like there is no line behind you. Walk like you've got plenty of time to get there. Make food sound really good when you order it.

The third step is to learn how to make jokes with strangers about whatever daily, minor, little misfortunes of yours are witnessed.

Speed Demond

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok...i use to have this....it's a self consiouse problem...took me alot of work....but when ever your feeling it...try to issolate your mind..like your flying in the sky and you'r all alone.....and keep telling yourself that you have more important things then to sit there and worry about what ppl have to say about you or think...you just gotta convince yourself of that and keep saying it. you gotta get over it and in a i'm better then every one confident attitude..it's really a low confidence behavioure..i'v been threw it and i over came it...sometimes you'll still feel it even after you got over it..but you just gotta remind yourself that every things cool and no one knows your there. Hard work will get rid of this..just keep it working at it....it'll be worth it..even if it takes u a year like it did to me...take care man

NatureGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. Probably just anxiety related to shyness, but your last observation sounds like something clinically referred to
as 'delusions of reference'. If you act out
on that, I would seek help.

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by coldcoal
The first step is to check if youare 100% comfortable with what you are wearing. Sounds strange, but if you are not wearing clothes that make you want to go out and be seen in purposly, it will pop up as one anxiety when you get that watched feeling.

The second step was already given to you. Slow down everything! Take the $ out of your wallet when you're paying for something like there is no line behind you. Walk like you've got plenty of time to get there. Make food sound really good when you order it.

The third step is to learn how to make jokes with strangers about whatever daily, minor, little misfortunes of yours are witnessed.
BANG ON!

Like I said i only get this feeling sometimes, and you just made me realize something. I get it when I feel like i'm walking alone in a mall and i'm OVERDRESSED!

It happened to me today because I was wearing my new leather jacket. I'm still getting used to it, and I still feel like it's a big deal wearing it. Man, you just hit the nail right on the head.

Blowfish

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I get that, motherfu*kers putting spy cameras and sh!t. I guess I'm paranoid and think too much.

I can't even masturbate comfortably sometimes cos I think someone is watching.

SuperMan_Wuss

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do what I do. Learn to love that feeling. I love the idea that people are watching me, maybe they are trying to pick up some style techniques or maybe the girl wants to have sex with me, maybe the guy is envious of how huge my pecs are. Whatever, I love being watched. I walk slowly through malls so people can get a better look, when I catch someone looking I will stare them in the eye and smile a little (sly). I always get smiles back.

redd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Blowfish
Yeah I get that, motherfu*kers putting spy cameras and sh!t. I guess I'm paranoid and think too much.

I can't even masturbate comfortably sometimes cos I think someone is watching.
:D

gentleman193

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry, you are not delusional (though NatureGuy might be) . . .

You can improve your confidence if you work out before you go out. All the natural hormones, neurotransmitters, etc., give you an extra edge. I'd always hit the gym, shower, dining hall in college in that order b/c I could keep better eye contact with strangers during dinner.

Or, try some natural supplements to boost serotonin. I've talked this to death elsewhere on the forum or PM me.

Or, bring a wingman!