Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The "eliminating negative emotions" thread

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In this thread I would like to relate methods of getting rid of negative emotions be it anger, fear, laziness, sadness etc. I want to include methods that get rid of these emotions quickly or ones you have found effective.

Please everybody contribute some of your methods.

I will start with some

Eliminating anger
Method
#1) Exercise.
I was feeling really crabby and pissed today. I went to the gym and lifted and ran. Alas the pissed off feeling is gone at least temporarily.

But one problem with relying on exercise is that you can't always do it. Like if you are at work during the day and get pissed, it isn't like you can break out the weight set or go to the gym right then. So you have to find some other ways to deal with the negative emotion.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eliminating Anger

Method
#2) Actively telling yourself to stop thinking that way.

Normally telling myself to stop feeling angry isn't enough. I feel like the biochemical course of action is there and it won't change. It's worth a try, but not the most effective method, especially if an object or person that is making you angry is still there....

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eliminating Anger

3) Watching or listening to comedy

Sometimes if your pissed but you can find some comedy or humour in the situation, or maybe go watch a movie or listen to a comedian, you can change the biochemical course of anger

Overall this method isn't bad, but out of these first few I prefer exercise. In fact one thing about exercise is, it may keep you from getting angry in the first place if you work out early in the day. You will be in a better mood.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Elimating Anger

4) Sedona Method

I will document this later after reading the book. But it basically involves asking questions about your emotion and deciding if you can just "let it go". A little bit new-age like for me, but I will come back to this post and give a bit more information when I have it.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eliminating Anger

#5) Getting drunk

This is definitely not the most recommended option. Especially because people use getting drunk as a crutch for some many problems, anxiety, depression, anger. It is definitely not a coping method I would recommend most of the time.

That being said, tossing back a few beers can sure take away some of those minor annoyances.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eliminating Anger

#6) Going to the source.

Perhaps your frustration needs to be voiced. Sometimes giving someone a peace of your mind is all it takes to get rid of anger. But you have to be careful. You can't chew out your boss and yelling at your girlfriend or dog may only make you feel bad.

I get angry at my parents alot. I can't help it. We see things differently. They have to put their 2 cents in any area of my life that they can even though I'm 30 years old now. It drives me crazy. But if I were to yell at them all the time I'd feel like a real jerk.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eliminating Anger

#7) Don't get angry in the first place

Oh if this were only more easy. But if you can develop the mindset to where you can let things slide down your back, how much better would you feel?

In the workplace, I think we get angry when our ego is attacked. As an engineer there are alot of pissing matches. Engineers always think they are smarter than each other. Or maybe you think some type of job is below you.

Best approach at work is to leave the ego at the door. It's been said a million times but busting your butt and being a team player are pretty much the only approaches that work.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
INTERMISSION

Guys I want to give you some more of my ideas, but I want you to feel free to post tips that improve your dealing with emotions as well.

I would like to also cover these other negative emotions. If you have any tips please post them

Handling anxiety
Feeling not worthy or having low self-esteem
Handling sadness
Changing bad memories

My goal is to also discuss and get ideas on NLP techniques to rapidly change these feelings.

I will write more later but need to attend a holiday function.

RawkinKaoticStyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Accepting The negative emotions

Aramas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Or you could just try to figure out what's wrong with your life that's making you angry/depressed/afraid/whatever and get your life in order. Either remove the cause or come to terms with it. It's not rocket science.

AFC-Murdaz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey rick its a coincidence
i just wrote a thread on my problems where i felt doomed

http://www.sosuave.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44606

anger isnt the only emotion

frustration and the "i REALLY cant do it" feeling are also a part of an emotion

the thing is, parents are always in our way even though they care for us
they think that once you change up, your abnormal
then they bring you to the psychologist and the psychologist has no choice but to submit even if he agree with your opinion simply becuz he is getting PAID

i feel frustrated becuz the world is too small and people are still acting like this

i think the worst of all emotion is parents pouring their love and emotion on you
becuz you lose your privacy and freedom once they have control over you
basically a slave but a caring master becuz your parents will hit you if you mess up (my dad used to beat me, he nowaday just hit me in the shoulder when hes angry or so but it doesnt hurt anymore)

ps: thinka bout it, if you owned a dog, wouldnt u want to knwo EVERYTHING hes doing? (thus he lose his privacy and freedom and if he does something YOU dislike [simply because u dislike, no reason] you will stop him, thus losing his will and will start hating on you) its the same with your parents on you
because now i know, i wont do the same

another saying is "a rich house dont mean s hit"

RawkinKaoticStyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what im saying is that why are you all trying to completly get rid of the negative, your wouldent know what good times were if you dident have bad times.

Mr. Mystery

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just try to remind myself that life is too short to waste time being pissed.

Mr. Mystery

AFC-Murdaz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RawkinKaoticStyle
what im saying is that why are you all trying to completly get rid of the negative, your wouldent know what good times were if you dident have bad times.
lets not get abstract here
its impossible to completely get rid of such
so he meant to decrease

R3N3G4D3

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another way to get rid of anger/rage/etc.:

Close your eyes and count to 10. Then open them and think is it really worth it to waste your nerves on this?

This method is a lot more effective than many think, and the more you do it, the more effective it becomes.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bodybuilding is the best way of eliminating negative thoughts, bar none! If you do enough of it, it really becomes a part of you. The calmness and strength you feel after a great workout stays with through the weekends. I can't remember the last time i got 'pissed.'

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beating the **** out of whoever pisses you off.

heh, works for me!