Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Don Juan Cookbook [merged]

Pathgen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The Don Jaun Cookbook

I have been wanting to learn how to cook and its an important skill set to bettering ourselves so i decided to create a thread where we as don juans can sit down and learn how to cook! So this thread will be dedicated to posting recipes that you like, others like, and tips on how to cook.

I was thinking (you dont need to follow this template), but the posts could have a header like:

Recipe Name:
Difficulty to Cook: (Scale of 1-10)
Average Cost of Ingredients: $$
How Healthy You Perceive it to be : (Scale of 1-10)

Ill go first =D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recipe Name:Top Secret Recipes version of Original Tommy's® World Famous Hamburgers
Difficulty to Cook: 6
Average Cost of Ingredients: Dirt Cheap $30 Makes a lot
How Healthy I Perceive it to be : 2

If you have ever lived in L.A. you probably know tommy's chili burgers. If you don't they taste awesome. It is the food i miss the most when i moved out. My dad sent me this recipe and i have made it before, but it does taste a little different. It isn't as greasy as the original but it is still really ****ing good. By the way don't let the look of the chili turn you off my ex girlfriend wouldn't touch the stuff just from the way it looked. Well her loss.

This recipe is perfect for parties and its mostly flour so i used to eat it right before going to other parties because i figured that it would absorb alcohol lol (my justification for just wanting to eat it). You can buy the stuff straight from them if you live out of the city, but you have to pay $70 bucks or something for a gallon. As far as i know they only have locations in LA and Vegas Right now.

Here is a link to the recipe:
http://andyhifi.50webs.com/tommys/originaltommysworldfamouschili.htm

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tommy burgers look like someone took a diarrhea dump on a beef patty. I'll pass. Inn-N-Out burger is where it's at!

Pathgen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tommy burgers look like someone took a diarrhea dump on a beef patty. I'll pass. Inn-N-Out burger is where it's at!
Don't make it then. However, i have to admit in-and-out burgers are pretty bad ass

MoveYourAss...

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not a bit fan of burgers. But so what...

Some new easy, simple, some inexpensive, some more elaborated recipies for the bachelors everyday...and for having a lady over.

I like the idea of the thread

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Name: All-American Onion Burger

Ingredients: 1 pound ground beef, 2 tablespoons French's Worcestershire Sauce, 1 and 1/3 cups French's French Fried onions, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, 4 hamburger buns/rolls

Directions: Combine beef, Worcestershire, 2/3 cup French Fried Onions, garlic salt, and pepper. Form into 4 patties. Place on grill. Grill for about 10 min. or until meat thermometer reaches 160F, turning once. Top with remaining 2/3 cup of onions. Serve.

Rate of Difficulty: If you can't do this give up on cooking

Naturally you can top the burger with any kind of extra you can think of. When most people hear the recipe they think it will taste too much of onion, but it really doesn't. Everyone I've ever made these for thinks they are one of the best burgers they've ever had (my friends are brutally honest with me).

This isn't my recipe though, and I don't intend to take credit for it. It came from "The Grilling Bible" (Publications International, Ltd.). I picked it up at Barnes and Noble a few years ago in the clearance section. All in all a great book. It covers nearly everything you can think of that involves grilling. I find grilling a good place to start for guys. It's easy and manly. It covers everything from party food, to more romantic, date-like food.

Barnes & Noble is a great place to find cheap cookbooks with easy recipes though. Check the bargain racks. Not only do the books walk you through learning to cook, they'll give you ideas you wouldn't think of otherwise.

Great thread though. Ability to cook is an aspect of DJ that's often overlooked. Chicks love guys that can cook well.

Grizou

Don Juan
Reaction score
Recipe: Saltimbocca (the other way)
Price: depends on the price of meat in your country and the amount you are buying, veal can be very expensive, yet the other ingredients should be a piece of cake!
Complicated? IMO no, might be troublesome the first time but gets easier to do very quickly

http://greententacle.files.wordpress.com/2006/09/mini-saltimbocca-gebraten-450-rcgn-img_0399.jpg

Ingredients used:
- Veal
- Smoked ham (not sure how to translate this one, we call it "parma ham")
- Cream
- Sage
- Tooth Picks
- Spices (pepper, salt, other spices that seem to be accurate for veal in your opinion, no herbs)
- Red wine (cheap or expensive, does not matter, it is used for the cooking anyway)
- Bouillon (beef tea, isn't it? can use corn flour to thicken your sauce afterwards)
- olive oil (or "grease" used to cook meat)

I do not put any amounts next to the ingredients, as this depends heavily on how many people are joining in for dinner, how many girls, etc.. honestly, I don't know myself how much of each I use ;)

1. Key to Saltimbocca is time management or just preparation. The cooking of the meat is done within a few seconds/minutes only and can be very stressful, thus you might want to prepare everything you need in advance.

2. Slice the veal into thin pieces (ca. 1cm thick). Now the reason I use veal is, because it is a very tender meat and usually quite easy to prepare. After you sliced the meat, you might get the impression that those pieces are think yet veeery small. The trick: beat it with your hand until you get a thickness of around 5mm (no rocket-science).
Put a good amount of your spices on each side of the meat (do not use too much salt, might not need any at all). After you spiced it up, get a piece of ham, a tooth pick and a leaf of sage and stick it all together with the sage on top (see picture above). This first step of preparation should leave you with a bunch of neatly looking meat-sandwiches ready for cooking.

3. Prepare the bouillon as well as the cream, you will not have time for that once the meat is in the pan! It does not matter how much bouillon you prepare, rather use too much than the other way around. If need be, you can still get rid of it afterwards or use it as your sauce (main intention).

4.Put a fair amount of olive oil or rather "grease" in a big pan and heat it up very strongly (Full throttle, weeeehaaaaa....). Once the pan is heatened up and not one second before that, put the meat in it and slightly cook it on either side. Depending on how thin the meat is, it will go very quickly. If you used veal, the meat should look slightly white with golden patches. DO NOT LET IT COOK TOO MUCH. You will lose all the tenderness if you do, and believe me, that is not what you want! Do you have to cook the side with the sage and the ham on it too? YES, that's the deal, smells freakin good.

5. When your veal is slightly cooked on both sides, spill a fair amount of wine (I prefer red wine, I think you can use white wine too) into the pan, let it evaporate for a few seconds, then add cream and your bouillon to it and reduce the heat to low or medium (to the point where you can see hardly any bubbles in your sauce). Drown those little bastards! The only thing is you should be able to still see your meat and turn it around once in a while.

6. Relax, you are almost done. The only thing you might want to keep in mind is your sauce. The sauce is IMO not part of the original Saltimbocca and I reckon any Italian would kill me for that, yet it tastes brilliant and is simple to do. Remember you spilled a fair amount of bouillon in your pan, which is now cooking silently. You can use all that sauce together with the meat or your side-dish, just make sure that it is not too liquid. If it is, use corn flour to put some consistency to it and stir it. Eventually it should look like the brownish sauce of a ragout.

7. The cooking of your meat on medium heat should take no longer than 15 minutes. Make sure to coordinate your timing with the side-dish you are preparing. Whilst French fries might not be a suitable addon for your Saltimbocca, plain rice, tomato rice, Risotto (my favorite!) or just noodles (not the asian glass noodles and not spaghetti either, the big ones!) will do an excellent job.

Grizou

Don Juan
Reaction score
Recipe: Carpaccio of Aubergines
Price: damn cheap
Difficulty: easy

Ingredients:
- 1 aubergine
- some FRESH chilis, the mean looking and tiny red ones
- lots of olive oil
- Parmigiano Reggiano (cheese)
- salt
- Aceto Balsamico

Carpaccio is usually done with meat/roastbeef, so many people may have tried it before, yet did not actually know what it is. This is sort of a vegeratian approach, yet the chili will make it "manly" enough do not worry.

1. Cut your aubergine into slices (ca. 5-7mm thick, IMO the thinner the better!). Before you start cooking, make sure to put salt on each side of every slice of aubergine. If you do not do that, you can as well put your first course into the trashbin. The salt will take the bitter taste out of your vegetable and if you look closely, you will see how your aubergine is "sweating".

2. Chop your chilis into tiny bits n pieces. Now if you wanna get down on your girl after your dinner and make use of your finger skills, do not forget to wear gloves when cutting the chilis. Otherwise, its gonna be the last time you saw this girl! I use the chilis' hotness for a little tease once in a while, as your lips may get a bit spicy too, which she might realize when you go in for the kiss. Just make sure that each of you is comfortable with spicy food, yet the actual dish should not be that hot.

3. Heaten up the pan with some olive oil in it. The next step is to roast the chilis in the olive oil. Before you go ahead, make sure that every window is open and there is enough fresh air. The smell of burnt chilis is very similar to pepper spray!!!! Roast the chilis for a few seconds, do not let them turn dark and particularly burnt. Roasting the chilis will make them lose a decent share of their hotness. When done, put the slightly crispy chili pieces somewhere aside for later.

4. Use the hot pan to roast the aubergines. Now you need looooots of olive oil, as aubergines tend to consume that sh.. like russians sip vodka. Slightly roast every slice on each side (might turn a bit white, but not coal!).

5. Afterwards, put all the slices on a big plate and put the crispy chilis over 'em. Take the parmegiano reggiano and cut some flakes of cheese (to your own liking) and put them over the aubergines too.

6. Now take some decent Aceto Balsamico (tasty italian vinegar), a bit of pepper and a bit of salt, and use it to give your first course a final note. You won't need too much. Alternatively, just put those things on the table and everyone can add some if they want.

7. Let it cool down for a good while!! Put it in the fridge and let it there for approx. 20-30 minutes. Your Carpaccio of Aubergines will taste much better if served cold!

8. Enjoy!

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Egg Stuff
(LOL! I don't have a name for it)

Easy as hell to make, nutritious, and tasty! I came up with this by accident at a time I didn't have much food in the house.

Ingredients:
- Two Eggs
- A thick slice of ham
- One cheese slice
- Fresh Pepper.

Crack the two eggs into a bowl. Cut up ham into small chunks and toss those into bowl. Rip (or cut) cheese slice into small pieces and toss that into the bowl.

Coat the top with freshly ground pepper. (Note: you don't need salt. The ham should be salty enough)

Mix it all together. Cook in microwave 20 seconds at a time, mixing at each interval.

When eggs are fluffy (or there's no more runny liquid) they're done. Eat right out of the bowl.

Corey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls love sweets

Recipe Name: Chocolate Terrine
Difficulty to Cook: 2
Average Cost of Ingredients: not alot.
How Healthy You Perceive it to be : 1 being unhealthy :)

1kg dark chocolate
500g cream (yes grams)
250g butter

melt the chocolate & warm there cream.
add there chocolate to the cream and mix them together then slowly add tiny bits of butter whilst it is still hot and mix in so you have no lumps of butter.
when you have done that pour into a container lined with cling film and leave in the fridge till set.

To serve cut a big piece off and lightly melt the top, makes it look better.

(Add orange zest (grate orange peel) for orange chocolate terrine)

Looking for my chocolate fondante recipe now! and yes lol that recipe could feed a small army. It's the one I use at work so adjust as necessary

blue08

Don Juan
Reaction score
Appetizer: Jalepino Pepper Bacon Wraps
Difficulty: 3
Cost: $10 (depending where you live and quantity)

Ingredients:
boneless chicken breasts
jalepino peppers
bacon
cheese (whatever kind you like -I prefer cheddar)
toothpicks

Prep:

1) Boil a pot of water - bring to boil - throw jalepino peppers -let boil for 1-2 minutes (shorter for hot -longer for mild) drain - let cool.

2) Rinse chicken breasts under cold water - pat dry - cut off any fat. Slice into strips the size of the peppers.

3) Take the bacon and cut it in half the long way

4) Slice cheese into thin blocks

Take cooled peppers and cut in half (long way) remove stem & seeds

Assembly:
Take a pepper - put cheese in pepper, lay chicken strip over cheese, take a strip of bacon and wrap around the outside -secure through center to secure. Repeat..

Place peppers top-down on a cookie sheet. Don't let the peppers touch -

Place your oven rack about 6-8 inches from top - turn oven on to Broil. Put tray in oven. Broil 8-12 min. and then flip peppers and broil another 8-12 mins. until the bacon is nice and crispy.

This is a big hit at parties and a requested favorite for anyone who likes zip and bacon.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The ULTIMATE drunk chick food....

- whole wheat tortillas

- cheddar/ jack shredded cheeese

- pre cooked, marinated boneless chicken

Use a flat top griddle (or a large skillet) to heat the chicken. Place the chicken on top of the tortillas, and sprinkle on cheese. Heat and flip several times until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa, sour cream, hot sauce, whatever floats your boat.

I eat these tasty concoctions as a meal from time to time, and chicks dig 'em. Mmmmm.......

B

BeDJ

Let's get the chow down! Post recipes/pictures if you have them!

http://imgur.com/CcP8ZAT

5 Carb Deep Dish Pizza

2 Tb Coconut flour
1/2 lb ground turkey
2 Tb Cream Cheese
1 Cup fat free shredded mozzarella
1 Oz Pork Rinds
1 Tsp Oregano
1 Tsp Dried Dill
1 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Basil
A Fvckton of Garlic
2 Eggs
Canned Butter Spray

Pulse all that in a processor and baby you got your crust.

Pizza sauce

1 Can of this sh!t - http://imgur.com/OEew2wS
1 Packet Splenda
A Fvckton of Garlic
Oregano
Basil
Liquid smoke

Toppings

Bacon bits
Bacon bits
Bacon bits

B

BeDJ

Beef Carpaccio

http://imgur.com/091OJc9

London Broil thinly sliced against the grain
1 Cup Lime Juice
1/2 Cup Red Vinegar
5 Packets Splenda
1/2 Cup Fish Sauce
1 Tsp Minced Ginger
1 Tsp Minced Lemon Grass
1 TB Minced Red Chiles
2 TB Garlic Juice

Combine everything above and let marinate for 24 hours.

Top off with Shallots, Mint, Fried Garlic and Serrano peppers.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Poor man's protein shake

Take 250g low fat curd (1$ the pound round these parts)
Bit of water
Some fruit or whatever you have lying around
Can also use frozen fruit, will end up like a slushy, you know the stuff that costs $5 in the cafe!

Put into the blender, boom. 35g Protein, zero fat shake for like 50ct.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thai Red Curry

There are tons of recipes out there. Here's what most of them are missing:
- Kaffir Lime leaves
- Galangal
- Real Coriander
- Real Lemongrass stalks (not just the leaves. near the root is better)

Check out your local Thai/Vietnamese store. They got all that, freshly picked, deep frozen. You can just buy a stash and keep it in your freezer forever.

- Red Curry paste

The good ones taste like the real deal. You won't get all the ingredients to make it properly. If the shopkeeper cooks for themselves, ask them to recommend one. You will be surprised!

Then,
- Fry any meat (i.e. chicken)
- Fry some of the paste with it
- Put in a little coconut milk (too much is really fat, supplement with water/normal milk if you like)
- Put in the Lime Leaves and lemongrass! You can smell the flavour!
- Put in any vegetables you like. Tomatoes go well, mabe Cauliflower, Onions
- Simmer until the rice is done
- Taste it, add salt and possibly lemon juice&sugar for a tiny bit of sweet&sour
- Remove lime leaves&some of the lemongrass, they are tough to eat
- Put coriander stalks on top (don't cook, it would lose the taste)

Cook rice at the same time, all done in 15min. Leftovers taste even better the day after! Jasmin Rice is best, but the Health&Fitness guys are prbably going to recommend brown rice :p

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Huffman said:
Poor man's protein shake

Take 250g low fat curd (1$ the pound round these parts)
Bit of water
Some fruit or whatever you have lying around
Can also use frozen fruit, will end up like a slushy, you know the stuff that costs $5 in the cafe!

Put into the blender, boom. 35g Protein, zero fat shake for like 50ct.
Ridiculous. Don't misguide others. That's not a protein shake. That's some poorly made concoction.

B

BeDJ

Ronaldo7 said:
Ridiculous. Don't misguide others. That's not a protein shake. That's some poorly made concoction.
It does offer 30g protein in a budget friendly way. Some people don't prefer the taste of whey protein so this could be a good alternative. As far as body science of nutrients, I have no opinion on that.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's my contribution. A "protein" shake that kills hunger and sticks to your gut.

Two big scoops of chocolate protein powder
One scoop of Super Reds
One scoop of Macro Greens
A couple shots of olive oil
A big handful of almonds
Small ice cubes

Sticks to your gut, gives you everything you need, and it takes all of five minutes to make.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ronaldo7 said:
Please elaborate. By curd I mean "Quark", which is like yoghurt, just a bit harder and a tad sour, made freshly from milk, nothing added. Not like that "cheese" stuff they sell in the US.

It's a shake with protein. It's not whey, but close. What's bad about it?