The decision making process simplified

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the decision making process is probably one of the biggest differences between men and women, that process on how we make choices,every single day. The media, and advertising knows this, and it's apparant based upon commercials. Take a car commercial for example, a truck commercial aiming at men will describe payloads, horse power, show functionality, toughness...yet a car commecial aimed at women, will be airy fluffy, based upon bringing out the right emotions, and feelings. A feel good commercial if you will.

The process that we go through to make decisions affects all walks of our lives...and utmost, our relationships with each other.

To break this down into a simple 3 step process, The decision making for men is to 1) Think 2) Act 3) Feel. The process for women is the invertion of this...1) Feel 2) Act 3) Think.

Take buying a home for example.

Step 1 for men (think): Is the home priced right? Is there a good sized garage? Is it in the right neighborhood..etc

Step 1 for women (feel): I love how the home has a lot of light...the flowers on the porch are beautiful, look how clean the kitchen and bathroom is..etc.

Step 2 for both men/women (ACT): Actually buying the home.

Step 3 for men (feel): This is definitely the right house, I really feel at home here, etc..

Step 3 for women (think): Hmmm..I wonder if this closet is large enough now that I have all my clothes in it. Are the neighbors friendly? Maybe we need a new refrigerator...etc.

Now take this process on how it escalates to sexual encounters...

Step 1 for men (think): Man, she's hot. I think I'm going to meet her, see if we click. I wonder if she has kids, or if she's single...I'm going to go find out.

Step 1 for women (feel): This guy's smile makes me so happy, he's funny, I get goosebumps around him, when he touches me...etc. He's so amazing..

Step 2 for both (act): sex.

Step 3 for men (feel): Man that felt great..or not so great, etc..

Step 3 for women (think): I wonder if I should tell my friends, does he have a good job. Maybe we should have waited a bit, but I really like him. Etc..

The most important point..is how women backward rationalize their decisions, step 3. They feel first, then act, then think about their actions afterwards, and based upon their thoughts, they are either happy or not happy with that decision. If they are not happy, they seek ways to justify why they did what they did.

Anyhow, this is just something that I've found amusing, to say. I know this post may seem obvious to most folks here, but I thought it was worth discussing.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good observations ..Mr P.

Why not post that over at Loveshack ..those gals would really appreciate your insight....:whistle:

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
Good observations ..Mr P.

Why not post that over at Loveshack ..those gals would really appreciate your insight....:whistle:
LOL, reminds me of how about a year or so ago, a bunch of posters here launched a wave of posts at Loveshack to wake folks up.

That was hillarious, the responses we got from that. I remember some guys in such poor shape, it was pathetic.

I haven't been to that website since....but, I think I may post this over there actually. See if this post gets a warm welcome. :)

EDIT: Done, http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t233848/

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First answer to your post there, which happens to be such a typical answer from every woman: Not All Women Are Like That! (NAWALT!)

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
First answer to your post there, which happens to be such a typical answer from every woman: Not All Women Are Like That! (NAWALT!)
My post is not being well recieved at all. Only women have responded so far, and I've got the nawalt out of the way, and sexist attack, and now testosterone is under attack.

What a mistake to even think about getting any decent responses.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Posting on loveshack = lame. Seriously...its like walking up in stormfront and telling them all races of people have good and bad and should be considered equal according to personal merit not race and that jews don't secretly rule the world. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
Posting on loveshack = lame. Seriously...its like walking up in stormfront and telling them all races of people have good and bad and should be considered equal according to personal merit not race and that jews don't secretly rule the world. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Good point Warrior, no point in wasting time over there...I am out a there! :up: I will chock this up as a lesson learned. ;)

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
My post is not being well recieved at all. Only women have responded so far, and I've got the nawalt out of the way, and sexist attack, and now testosterone is under attack.

Wait a bit, you'll get called misogynist, accused of being gay, having a small **** and still living with your mum.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup, predictable as fvck. I skimmed through the first 2 pages. I don't know why Mr. Positive bothers. He has far more patience than I would with his Sisyphus task.

Mr Pos is obviously a misogynist and has been hurt soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly in the past!!!!!! (as if there's anyone who hasn't been hurt before)

Originally Posted by Posi
It's apparant in online dating. Check out women's profiles, it's all about what they want in a men, much less about what they can offer a man.

Men's profiles are more about their achievements, a little about what they are looking for.
Which is why doing the opposite works for men. Try it. Confidently list a bunch of demands while saying little about yourself and watch the women flock.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:

Ironically, that is a good example of how women feel then act without thinking. They kind of proved your point lol.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:

Your post at LS was perhaps received as a combination of mild ridicule and criticism.
Their replies indicated that they felt under attack.

You threatened their cherished collective beliefs in their gender's flawlessness .

And they were determined to argue to the death and have the last word.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Mr. Positive,

This is a good thread you've made. What I like about it in particular is that it provides men (especially men who are NEW to this) with a firm foundation to get them started in successfully approaching their relationships with women.

Is it 100% true ALL THE TIME for EVERY WOMAN?

No. But NOTHING concerning male/female interactions "is".

What makes this thread you've posted valuable is that I believe that it is MORE true MOST of the time than not. A man will lose more at winning good relationships with women by NOT following this template than he will by following it.

RESPECT.

---------------------------------------------------------------

On the subject of LOVESHACK:

It never hurts to drop a knowledge bomb on territory riddled with more misinformation and ignorance than THIS one. None of us corner the market on ALL wisdom-------not Sosuave, not the other offshoot websites that many of it's members have formed, or anywhere else for that matter.

The baseline value of places like Sosuave is that there exists here a climate of MASCULINE elevation. I often lament that this elevation is not more consistently positive than it is-------but still, in this era of estrogen blindfolded men--------I can easily forgive Sosuave of it's shortcomings when I view it's worth juxtaposed against the worth of sites that teach boys and men that the way to win with women is by choosing PEACE at ANY PRICE.

I can't cosign on THAT.

I love women, but I love myself also. I love myself ENOUGH to show myself LOVE in the face of disrespectful or inappropriate treatment from even the MOST attractive of women. I found out years ago that you NEVER win by doing shyt today that you'll be too ashamed TOMORROW to even admit to.

The choice is simple:

Stand as a man or live on your knees as LESS than one.

In my "war journal", the Sosuave Raid on Loveshack stands out as one of the boldest, most enjoyable, camaraderie-producing "Internet Objectives" I've ever been part of. And though it's ultimate effectiveness was debatable at best--------MOST of our intentions were RIGHT-HEADED.

That raid consisted of some of the most decorated soldiers that Sosuave has ever produced. Ours was a glorious fight waged by a squadron supreme to FREE THE MINDS of perhaps the biggest group of blinded, belittled, and back-beaten men on the Internet. And though the battle ended with less than the results I had hoped for, still--------what an HISTORIC battle it was!

Though the thread is now locked and the fight is now over, you can still witness it in the annals of Sosuave history.

For those who WEREN'T there, sit back, get you some popcorn, pour yourself something to drink , and take a fond look back at:

OBJECTIVE: The Great Sosuave War to LIBERATE the men of LOVESHACK!!!!! :rockon:

PEACE...but NOT that day. ;)

VU

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks VU. It's great to see you around here, and I especially appreciate the trip down memory lane. Just reading a few pages of that old thread, brought on much laughter and cheer.

As much as a mistake as it may have appear to post there, I did learn a few things.

I learned that my posting style, and many here, perhaps it's more taylored towards men..but we tend to post focusing on the 'big picture'. We provide arguments and points, that combined, lead to a greater understanding.

When dealing with angry feminst women, they are the opposite. They tend to try and divide a post, by attacking simple statements, and turn the way you 'word' each statement, against you.

For example, in one post I mentioned "I was single". That brought on a shaming tactic implying that I was lacking as a man. For we all know, a single man is the lowest on the worthiness of the 'man totem pole'. :) I did not mention I was single...yet, currently involved with 2 women.

So, lesson's learned. Think of your posts there as a large Oak tree. They will attack you with dull axes, one small chop at a time. Chop, Chop, Chop.

Failing, to get the big picture, is perhaps, why most folks struggle with their lives and fail, to get the advise, to turn their lives around.

Going forward, I would recommend against original posts...but more, of a rescue opperation. Pick one poor soul, that's receiving horrible advise, and try and steer him the right direction to better his situation. Advise, that really works. There's so much knowledge here to accomplish that.

It shouldn't take long there, to find a man that could use that help. I may do that in the future if I have time, it couldn't hurt, but could help.

That's my thoughts going forward. So, it wasn't a waste for me, because I was able to get something out of it.

Cheers. :up:

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
Thanks VU. It's great to see you around here, and I especially appreciate the trip down memory lane. Just reading a few pages of that old thread, brought on much laughter and cheer.

That thread also brought back a lot of nice memories of a special time in my life. I was still tender and sensitive after my wrestling match with the Grim Reaper. While I was housebound and in recovery, SS was great therapy and made me realize how many great people exist. You guys were a major part of my recovery and I thank you again. :up:

I see a lot of familiar names from the past in that thread. It would be nice to see them posting again if only to check in and spare a few words. We were a "Band of Brothers".

Cheers!

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
I learned that my posting style, and many here, perhaps it's more taylored towards men..but we tend to post focusing on the 'big picture'. We provide arguments and points, that combined, lead to a greater understanding.

When dealing with angry feminst women, they are the opposite. They tend to try and divide a post, by attacking simple statements, and turn the way you 'word' each statement, against you.
You are right on both points. Men debate and make their point by focussing on the 'big picture' - we tend to argue our position from our understanding of guiding, or over-arching, principles.

Those 'women' on LS ,on the other hand, grasped onto relatively minor details and attempted to derail the discussion by introducing personal snipes, irrelevant sidetracks and poor logic.
That forum seems to me to be little more than a cozy campfire for poorly socialized women who are just not good at life.

COD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE FUTURE, ADVERTISER ENGINEERS, MARKETING GENIOUS

these types scan through countless emails and begin KEYWORD SEARCHES, then they try to get their hands on METRICS........age, location, male or female, etc AND THEN THEY STUDY ALL THIS INFO.

KEYWORD ADS POP UP IN THIS FORUM EVERY DAY........mention the word purse and bingo an ad pertaining to purses appears.........this is AUTO GENERTATED.

IN JAPAN THEY HAVE......BRAIN FINGERPRINTING..........ads from a COKE machine that ........are U ready for this........APPEAR INSIDE YOUR HEAD, some sort of tympatic membrain sub-conscious vibrations that are recreated to produce an almost subliminal suggestive advertisement.

ADvertisers are currently studying psychology at the sub-atomic level to introduce how WE MAKE DECISIONS.

NLP-has been around for decades but now with new technology scientists can chage our brain flow and actually affect how we make a decision.

Ever go see a movie.............see the upcoming previews or commercials........THEY CATER THEM TO THE TARGETED AUDIENCE.......meaning if I went to see STAR TREK I would see certain previews and ads.........then If i went to see SEX IN THE CITY 2......the ads and previews would change.

COOKIES ON YOUR COMPUTER auto generate advertising based upon your surfing habits. There are people that study nothing but METRICS, they look at where u surf, which sites u visit, how long u spend on the site, which ads u click, your spelling, grammer, how long u spend viewing emails, dating sites, where your mouse clicks, etc, etc, etc........THEN THEY ANALYSE THIS and can CSI a profile about you.

IN the near future..........ADS WILL EVEN GET MORE TARGET SPECIFIC......designed or ENGINEERED to YOU SPECIFICALLY. SO, U WILL see an ad that is for you only........I will view an ad and it will be slightly altered or a completely differnt ad.......but heres the cool part........WE BOTH WILL BE WATCHING THE SAME SHOW AND THE SAME AD............or so we are lead to believe......in reality ads, shows, etc will change BASED UPON THE INDIVIDUAL.

OUr decisions will be structured, CONTROLLED and we will have to pay to have mental blockers installed to prevent MIND CONTROL...........AND ITS A LOT CLOSURE THAN U THINK.......very scary but ALSO A REALITY.

If you wach ads from way back in the day and then compare it to today....U will see how creative, clever advertising engineers are becoming.

This stuff will hit the mainstream sooner than u think.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
" advertising engineers.."

What an appalling conjuction.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that fourm is without a doubt ran by a woman

internet forums that are ran by women are quite interesting.

I'm a pretty normal poster here on this forum. you visit a place long enough you get into spats with someone over something but **** happens. we all come ehre to better outselves, and we are usually better for it.

I am an admin at a horse racing forum which is ran by a woman (not a bad looking one i might ad), I've been called gay, a fat loser, stupid, an idiot, some of everything, and we are just talking about opinions on horses lol. the forum is a cross between handicappers, fans and people in the industry but is somehow mostly made up of women, and it has a totally different feel than say this place.

then it's funny because i've had more than one woman, without seeing me, because of the way i come across, go out of their way to IM me to gauge interest. "i've heard alot about you" and **** like that.

There is another guy who i can tell has some DJ in him on the forum, and they can't stand him either.

Unprez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Positive said:
Anyhow, this is just something that I've found amusing, to say. I know this post may seem obvious to most folks here, but I thought it was worth discussing.
I've been trying to come up with words to explain this phenomena becuse this 100% true. An example was a woman who choose a low life punk over me and then emailed me a yr later saying she made a mistake adn the reason she didnt hook up wit me instead was because I was too good of a person for her adn that I would have made her look bad