Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The cost of bulking?

Impulse

Reaction score
I'm trying to get into bulking and I was wondering how much per month do you spend on food, supplements, gym member fee and ect. Also what kind of things do you guys recommend buying or doing to save money costs? Alright appriciate the help guys. Peace.

GropeDope

Banned
Reaction score
I spend about $200 a month on food I buy to eat/cook at home. Then a very rough figure for how much restaurant food I eat a month (and the occasional late night Taco Bell/Wendys/pizza sh!t I periodically have two or three times a month) would be about $270 or $280.

My gym membership is $35 a month, and I usually go through two canisters of Muscle Milk a month so that's about $32ish right there. I'm not really down with any of the supplement sh!t other than taking in more protein, so that's why I spend almost nothing in that area. I'm sure others will disagree with that and take a bunch of other crap, but protein is all I've been taking for the past couple years and that's been enough for me.

So my total "bulk cost" per month (including gym membership) is around $270 + restaurant dinners..brings the total to $550 a month on everything. It's pretty pathetic that going out to eat dinner 3 times a week doubles the total. Oh well, what am I gonna do? Go out less and cook more? Hah. :nono:

Oh and...here's a list of the sh!t that ends up in my shopping cart every month (most of this I buy once a week):

Apples mangos pears pineapples...(1 or 2 of each)
Pack of bananas strawberries or blueberries
Low fat yogurt (about 6 cups per week)
Milk
Orange Juice
24 pack of water
Container of egg whites
Loaf of whole wheat bread
Rice
2 or 3 various cans of soup
Ground beef (lean)
Chicken breast
Salmon/mahimahi (the only two fish I'll eat)
Bag of cashews or almonds or walnuts or other nuts
Box of noodles
Lettuce/cabbage
Potatoes corn tomatoes brocolli coliflower
Cottage cheese/cheedar cheese/swiss cheese
Oatmeal
Cereal (Special K or Total)
Bag of pretzels
Peanut butter (not talking about the sugarless kind either)

There are a few things I listed above that I'd probably be better off without but...f*ck that. You've got to live a little too.

Last edited:

Impulse

Reaction score
Well thanx for the headsup guys, since barly no one responded I guess bulking shouldn't be too expensive then.

GodsGiftToFatBirds

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You gotta remember that half the money you spend on food isn't really a 'bulking cost' since you'd be buying food anyway.
I save a hell of a lot by having my own equipment set up at home, so saving on gym membership. I've got 2 benches, barbell, 2 dumb-bells, around 200kg of weights plus other bits and pieces (arm curl bar etc) all put together for around £100, cos I got a load of stuff cheap 2nd hand.
Its well worth doing if you're trying to cut costs.

skumface

Don Juan
Reaction score
The most expensive food is probably the chicken.
Depending on what supplements you use it can get quite expensive. I currently use ON 100% Whey which is about $30 a month and I am just about to start NO-Xplode which is about $45 a month plus multi's and fish oil. There are cheaper whey alternatives but ON is rated the best by bb.com and it has a great taste