The Correct Way to Number Close & Bridge

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Importance of Briding after getting the number

Getting numbers is easy. If your interaction with her was something substantial, 99% of the time you'll get a real number and don't need to play little games to make sure that it's real. That's the easy part.

The hard part is converting that number into something substantial like a date. You have to realize that attractive women are constantly being hit upon and give out their numbers (both real and fake) on almost a daily basis.

Even if you made out with her and had a heart felt conversation with her, once the woman is out of the environment in which you interacted with her, whether it be the library, club, or bar, those feelings of attraction will fade. Especially in a club or bar environment. Girls have rather selective memories when it comes to those sexually charged environments and have an incredibly easy time of disassociating their feelings during that moment with their current reality. You're just another cool guy she met, but she (assuming she's hot) has plenty of cool guys that she can or is currently dating.

So what you have to do is BRIDGE.

GETTING THE NUMBER IS NOT THE GOAL.

The GOAL is to meet up with her later. That could be later in the night. Later during the week, or whatever. While you're flirting with her, you should set the frame that you two are going to meet up later and have a good time. This is even before you get the number. When you're talking about common interests, you should start connecting what things that you two can do together and when you can meet up. If she likes going to the beach, you should state how you love the beach too and would love to show her how to surf (or whatever).

If done successfully, and if she's truly interested, more than likely she'll VOLUNTEER her number to you. Thus saving you the trouble and awkwardness (if you're not used to getting numbers) of asking for hers. Basically she's going to feel INVESTED in the burgeoning relationship, that you are genuinely interested in meeting up with her , and will have a harder time forgetting about you.

Oh, and always EXCHANGE numbers. She has yours and you have hers.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JT47319
The Importance of Briding after getting the number

GETTING THE NUMBER IS NOT THE GOAL.

I've been trying to beat this concept into some DJ wannabees for ages.

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Post!

Another thing I like to do is say "So what do you like to do for fun?" She should say something and if she doesn't she is a LOSER!

When she does say something I'll say oh really? Then I'll say just what you said "If she likes going to the beach, you should state how you love the beach too and would love to show her how to surf (or whatever)."

You can also be honest with her and yourself and just close the conversation if you really don't like what she likes to do.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm, yeah whats the point in giving her your number? do tell

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It makes planning and executing logistics so much more easier.

Not to mention that most hot girls SCREEN their phone calls and rarely answer an unknown number. Better to have your number programmed into her cell. Hell, she may even call you up later for a booty call.

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:D

well said man.

understood.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree to what you are saying.

But..I've stated many times that GETTING THE NUMBER IS THE GOAL because having that number is the WAY to get ahold of her later.

Of course you have to have rapport before you go for the number close...and having good rapport goes along with bridging the gap... Have good rapport...fish for common interests/DJ/CF/KINO...bridge that gap...get the number..hook it up later...

But...I think too many guys get scared when it comes to number closing. They wonder if they are comming off too strong...They wonder if now is the perfect time...Or they just figure that the rapport was SOO good, that they can just ask for the number later that night....BUT...before you can get the number, the chic had to leave early to drive her friend home. So no number..missed opportunity.

I don't think I'd be going out on a limb by saying I'm sure there are a few fellas out there who said to themselves that 'I shouldah got em digits'

I think it all falls down to IL...If the IL is high and the rapport is good...she will volunteer the digits...but GET THEM DIGITS FELLAS!

gm8384

Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. The number is just a stepping stone to the goal. You aren't home free yet...