Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Clerk's Advantage!

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought I'd use my BlockBuster job to a new advantage!

Ok, so I have been looking through the DJ boot camp and have realised that I can skip the first couple of weeks. I did skim it a while back, but I never really followed it to closely. I just got rejected by a co-worker last week, she has a boyfriend. She was new and I thought that she was giving me some intest signals. Guess I was wrong, but it was the easiest attempt so far. And it only took a day to get over. Not the rejection so much as the dissapointment. And especially cuz I built up the thought that she liked me too much. So, I figure I'm getting very close to doing a cold approach. Anyway, I have gone back to bootcamp and thought I'd take it seriously. I figure I'll just start on week 4, since I can talk to people and girls and I have confidence. I like the fact that I should focus on getting rejected 10 times. With that the goal, it should be easier. I thought I'd pace myself by spliting up the admount of rejections to about 2 a day. Then I thought, well since my game is best while I'm at work, why don't I try then? I have to work the whole week so I will have lots of time(though I open everyday till Friday and there won't be many women coming in my age, that can help me to practice while taking it slow). And if I don't fare well, then I have Saturday off to go to the mall and really try. But, I figure that at work is a great place, because I will most likly never see them again and I only have a short window of time to number close. Plus, it won't be busy so that's an advantage there. I haven't figured out what I will say, so here is a theoretical (sp?) situation:

Me: Hi how is everything today?
Her: Fine thanks
Me: Let's see what movies your getting today. Hmm, Pirates of the Carribean? Yeah that was supposed to be a good movie and alot of people say I look like Jony Depp.
Her: Really? Are you sure?
Me: Ok, fine just me. But, let's be honest, I'm better looking then him anyday.
Her: Sure whatever you say.
Me: Wait, are you saying I'm not better looking then him?
Her: Well.....
Me: Hey I happen to know that I'm cute, ok? I've been told that plenty of times, by women mind you.

Sounds good eh? I usually do a Johny Depp joke simular to that one, but it was a bit to AFCish for my tasts, so I have been reworking it. Working at a video store kicks, so much funny material to use. Like swithing title names and what not. I'm really good at buliding rapport and making the ladies laugh, now I just got to go for the number. Anyway, thought that I would leave some reports in this topic ever few days if anything happens. I do have to say though, gettin rejected is becoming easier and easier the more I try. Hey, success comes through faliure.

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Umm so so. You're trying to prove yourself to her. That's never a good thing. With confidence, what you say and how you say it will change for the better.

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
... there's also this chick I'm workin with at value village...

She's hot... (at around 8 or 9 on a 1-10 scale)

She flirts with me but says she got a boyfriend. Sometimes, she tries to test my reaction... if ill be jealous or what. So I just stay calm. But she acts like she likes me tho.

Good news: Her BF is an AFC... the kind that puts her on a pedestal and showers her with gifts... chances are, they will breakup... hehehehe...

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah, yes I didn't think about that, well I have never used that last part. But, your right. I actually haven't come up with a better close, but it's ok cuz it was slow today. Thursday or Friday there should be a little be more opportunity.

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by neobrood
... there's also this chick I'm workin with at value village...

She's hot... (at around 8 or 9 on a 1-10 scale)

She flirts with me but says she got a boyfriend. Sometimes, she tries to test my reaction... if ill be jealous or what. So I just stay calm. But she acts like she likes me tho.

Good news: Her BF is an AFC... the kind that puts her on a pedestal and showers her with gifts... chances are, they will breakup... hehehehe...
Have a simular situation at work too. This new girl seemed into me, but when I asked her to "hang out" she said she had a boyfriend. Damn, my instincts were wrong again? Anyway, I'm not sure if her BF is an AFC or not. I'll just work on my cold approaches now.

wolfie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you left the funny part out of ****y and funny SDBmania. You came off as sounding plain arrogant... even if it was obvious u were joking, it was a pretty lame joke. Work some self deprecating humour into there :)

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
just keep your cool, tho...

hehe... yesterday at work, she was playing with a scarf... according to her, thats her BF's headscarf.

Instead of looking insecure or acting jealous, I joked about it. Asked questions like:

Do you sleep with that scarf? Do you play with that?... etc... etc... etc... and she was laughin...

But seriously, I don't think she'll be relationship material. So far, I think she's only good for a one night stand or for a f*ckbuddy or somethin. (I dont know her enough tho... Maybe this opinion might change...)

Cuz WHY DOES SHE NEED TO FLIRT TO ME IF SHE HAS A BF?!? One time, when she was drinking a coke bottle, she moved the thing around her mouth... as if it was a p3n!s... That move drived me horny for awhile...

And if I become her BF even after she dumps her current BF, sure... she's gonna cheat on me too... :)

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually my Depp joke goes like this:

Me: Oh, I see you're renteing (Name of Johny Depp movie). You know, some people say I look like Jonny Depp.
Her: Really?
Me: Actually, no, just me!
Her: lol!

So, I was just trying to expand on that. But, so far, no lovely laids of come into work yet. It's hard, because I open so there is not much business in the morning.

Yeah, neobrood, you right there. I haven't seen the girl from work yet. I sort of have been avoiding going into work when she is working and since she is mainly a night shifter, I won't be working with her much. I think that's good, but I did think she was flirting with me before. So, I agree, why do that if you have a boyfriend? Ladies, stop CONFUSING ME! lol

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
... anyway, how about working in a CALL CENTER FOR SURVEYS kinda thing? (not telemarketing tho)

Cuz I know one place thats a bit far from my place... thats got A LOT of college chicks working there... :)

I think that would be better than my current salesclerk parttime job. Cuz most of the women in the place I work... are either too shy or too old.

vdk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Although what you are doing is acceptable, you should move away from 'canned' lines and rely on your quick wit and flair to come up with funny lines. The more you practice the better you get.

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by vdk
Although what you are doing is acceptable, you should move away from 'canned' lines and rely on your quick wit and flair to come up with funny lines. The more you practice the better you get.
Yes I agree, I was just giving an example of the material I use. I'm used to just using quick wit, but not when it comes to a number close. That's what I'm working on now. So far, not many customers have come in. There were 2 girls that came in and one was pretty cute. I thought about trying, but I would have had to ask for both of their numbers and I really only wanted one. And since they were friends, I wouldn't have called the other one. That would have been kind of slezy.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Roll with the punches. If you use one line over and over, you'll become horrible at thinking up C&F things to say on the spot, and you will fail.

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update: Ehh

Well, I didn't ask out any customers this whole week. To be fair, it was slow and the ones that came in were really not my type. So, I have to go shopping tomarrow to get some shoes and a watch. I figure I might as well go to the mall and see what happens. I think I won't preassure myself to cold approach, but I will be looking for women who are by their selves, since I'm not ready to face groups yet. Any of you go to malls regularly and pick up women that way? I think I'll probably just go into stores and comment on the enviroment, that should be the easiest, but just wanted to know if anyone here has had mall experiances.

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
but I will be looking for women who are by their selves, since I'm not ready to face groups yet.
its hard to find chicks like that. Most of the time, they have a bf with them or their other friends... :(

Any of you go to malls regularly and pick up women that way?
not pickin up women (not yet at that level tho)... but Im just tryin to build confidence around strangers...

I talk to everyone. Whether theyre ugly or not whether young or old...

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Neobrood, that's good. I mean you are getting over the whole not talking to strangers thing. And I know it might be hard to find ladies by themselves at the mall, but It's worth a try. I have somethings to buy anyway.

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I mean you are getting over the whole not talking to strangers thing.
One problem I encountered:

I try to be ****y and funny... but she just nods her head and continues to do her stuff... as if I bored her or something.

Of course, the natural reaction on your part is to feel conscious... Um... did I do something wrong? Um... maybe I wasnt funny enough? Um... maybe I said some boring stuff...

Yep. Boring stuff. Especially if its a non-filipino girl I'm talkin to (I'm more at tune with filipino chicks). Some things that make them "rotflmao", only make filipino chicks say "hehehe" or go "what? not funny..."... and vice versa...

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Update: Umm

Yeah, so I went to the mall today. I walked around and looked in some of the shops. It was very intimidating I can tell you. I'm just not used to going to the mall, so I felt blown away. I decided that it was just too much right now. I figure that I'll go each week to get used to it. Maybe I can go with some friends, just to get the hang of the place. It can be pretty tuff walking around there alone, not sure what you are doing there. I feel like I should start out small. I'll start by using my job to my advantage. This time, I'll lower my standards a bit. This week, there was at least 2 girls that I found atractive, though not really my type. I should have asked them out and I felt to conflicted. Next time, if that should happen, I'll just go for it. That will be much easier then driving out of town to a mall where I really don't know the area well. Once I get used to the small time, then I get try the big time. Anyway, I'm just thankful that I have my job to help me. And thanks to you guys, I think that I just tried to bite off more then I can chew. Certainly not going to give up.

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It can be pretty tuff walking around there alone, not sure what you are doing there.
tried that too, man...

its hard at first. But now, I'm getting comfortable already with the surroundings...

at least 2 girls that I found atractive, though not really my type. I should have asked them out and I felt to conflicted.
other girls... even those u don't find attractive (anyone... even includes people who are old enough to be your mom...), can be good for practice.

They're good for practicing to be "****y and funny". Even if you screw up, its not gonna be a big deal to you anyway. Um... at least you screwed up with someone you're not really interested in. And at least, for every mistake, you learn to get better at it.

And that advice I saw somewhere... (not sure if its in WMS or DJ Bible)... about watching funny movies ACTUALLY WORKS. It really helps develop sense of humour... that the chicks will find attractive.

I'm just thankful that I have my job to help me.
yeah... true... jobs like that build up conversational skills.

But unfortunately... in value village (where I work)... most customers are 40 years old and above. :(

SDBmania

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I got the funny down pretty well. It's easier for me when I'm at work. I've had plenty experiance there.