Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Cartography Of Hell

drjekyll

Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
I think I just splooged in my pants! Great stuff. Did you really write all that yourself?
Yup. Cheers, mate.

realsmoothie said:
It's a very interesting twist on Eastern philosophy that logically probably doesn't work... after all you're trying to convince us with logic that logic is actually ineffective when it comes to the big questions.
I never said that. Logic is pivotal and highly effective when asking the big questions. The point is that fear, as we experience it is not a logical process. It is a runaway process of the rational mind that is driven by a powerful emotion. It is both, essentially. Both working against each other, each feeding the other. The rational process build up the fear to be something bigger than it is, and that in turn fuels the negative emotion, which in turn increases the impetus behind the rational process.

This is not about logic. It is about when logic goes wrong.

And you can use logic to reprogram someone's negative beliefs. That's why Gunwitch's Dynamic Sex Life is such a brilliant book. I've never seen someone write that way before. The guy is such a big influence on me, stylistically as well as in terms of my own abilities with women.

realsmoothie said:
Most Eastern philosophy would argue for a more passive way of coping with fear... rather than take it head on, find out where that fear comes from and it's certainly some form of desire... so reduce that desire.
Try it if you want to. I've done Kung Fu, with all the meditation that involves - it's just not very effective at overcoming fears with women. Sorry. It just doesn't really work very well, in my experience. Something far more drastic, far more direct is called for, I fancy.

realsmoothie said:
But reducing desire has never been a big facet of Western philosophy, no? We want more and more and more.
That's not necessarily a bad thing. You might want more and more opportunities to help people. More opportunities to be surprised by joy. More laughter. More love.

realsmoothie said:
Anyhow... I'm going to read this again in a day or so. It's pretty long.

My question for you, Jekyll... is whether or not you have read Robert Pirsig's (The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance) "Lila". He puts up a pretty fascinating, though elementary, philosohpical system based largely on a static/dynamic view of the world. Check it out, it's a great read.
I certainly shall. I meant to read it loads of times. I just hate reading books you're 'supposed' to read. Pisses me off.

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of the ideas here come from philosophy of science and language. This is why I love philosophy.

Bravo! We all have a choice. Bravo!

How many of your readers will have forgotten entirely about this post by the middle of next week? Almost everybody, I'm afraid, probably including myself, because we're just that hardheaded.

But before that happens, I will write down the biggest thing plaguing my life and I will attack it until my dying day. Thank you,

Izza

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jekyll:

"Lila" was pretty much an ignored book from what I heard. Everyone read "Motorcyle" but I thought "Lila" was FAR more pragmatic in the real world. His ideas of a universal hierarchy and how everything is derived from value/"the good" are nothing original but a perfect synthesis of thousands of years of Eastern/Western culture.

Anyhow, most of the "criticisms" I pointed out were really just necessary paradoxes that emerge any time philosophy gets close to being useful. Logic is great up to a point, as you say... but at some point intuition has to take hold. There's a great, though mainstream, book called "blink" which is all about how intuitive moments are vastly more important than logical deduction.

Yikes, feels like ten years ago when I was just getting into philosophy.

Either way, your post was inspirational and really needs re-reading to be useful as it is so dense. Good stuff.

drjekyll

Don Juan
Reaction score
KillaPetehog said:
Amazing. This post hit the heart. I haven't seen anything this good since the days of Pook.
*blushes*

KillaPetehog said:
If this is indeed your writing, you are one of the deepest guys I know.
*blushes more*

KillaPetehog said:
I mean, the sheer knowledge, albeit lengthy, resonates of intelligence, passion and truth. What makes this post so invaluable is that it hits the source.
*blushes so much head falls off*

KillaPetehog said:
Many men who seek to find the keys to a woman's heart search in the wrong places. Much of what it takes to attract a woman is in what comes from within.
This is extremely true, and very perceptive.

KillaPetehog said:
This article is a perfect representation of "inner game".
Thank you. It is my belief that all game is inner game.

KillaPetehog said:
Man becomes what he feeds into his own mind. He creates his own hell and he creates his own heaven. It is what he accepts as truth that determines his fate. I am astounded at how much I have learned from this article. Truly astounding and mesmerizing and filled with biting truth.
Thank you. It is responses like this that I live for. I am so glad I have helped you in a real way. It makes the **** I've been through meaningful to me.

KillaPetehog said:
There were portions of this article that resembled the work of VivaLasVegas and Pook. :D :D :D I sometimes wonder whether these men of the past sometimes log in as different users to spread thier thoughts on life and women. :D :D :D :D
I shall have to check out the work of these men. Pook, you say? And VivaLasVegas? Interesting...

KillaPetehog said:
Truly a five star article. :D

Adding Five Stars. :D
Adding Rep +1. :D
Woohoo!! I crave approval! Approval for me!

*ahem*

Nice.

drjekyll

Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
jekyll:

"Lila" was pretty much an ignored book from what I heard. Everyone read "Motorcyle" but I thought "Lila" was FAR more pragmatic in the real world. His ideas of a universal hierarchy and how everything is derived from value/"the good" are nothing original but a perfect synthesis of thousands of years of Eastern/Western culture.

Anyhow, most of the "criticisms" I pointed out were really just necessary paradoxes that emerge any time philosophy gets close to being useful. Logic is great up to a point, as you say... but at some point intuition has to take hold. There's a great, though mainstream, book called "blink" which is all about how intuitive moments are vastly more important than logical deduction.

Either way, your post was inspirational and really needs re-reading to be useful as it is so dense. Good stuff.
It was ten years ago when I was getting into philosophy. Thanks for the recommendation - I'll put it on my ever-increasing list of books to read.

Dude, if you're interested in philosophy I'd love for you to post some thoughts on my discussion board. I'll reply to anything you post. It can be stuff about women, men, humanity, knowledge, society, morality - anything at all.

The url is www.brotherhoodofchange.com - check it out.

J

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome post man, I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the first post about creating your own hell and how it's different when viewed from hell or from a place that's not hell. And how once you are in hell, you view other people as things, as obstacles, because they don't resonate with your mindframe.
And about boxing yourself in and putting limitations on yourself. Once you put that box around you and you start adding those divisions inside it, all that remains is the divisions conflicting with eachother because nothing else can fit in. Anyway, great post.
Thinking about thinking, self-reflection, the metaphysical, all this can be a dangerous task which can either plunge you into hell as you've put it or make you realize a better truth.

drjekyll

Don Juan
Reaction score
Panda 2000 said:
Awesome post man, I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the first post about creating your own hell and how it's different when viewed from hell or from a place that's not hell. And how once you are in hell, you view other people as things, as obstacles, because they don't resonate with your mindframe..
This is so true. Never forget though, that no matter how big hell appears, it is not real. It has no reality. You do. You are therefore stronger than hell.

Infinitely stronger.

Panda 2000 said:
And about boxing yourself in and putting limitations on yourself. Once you put that box around you and you start adding those divisions inside it, all that remains is the divisions conflicting with eachother because nothing else can fit in.
This is exactly true.

Panda 2000 said:
Anyway, great post.
Cheers, mate!

Panda 2000 said:
Thinking about thinking, self-reflection, the metaphysical, all this can be a dangerous task which can either plunge you into hell as you've put it or make you realize a better truth.
Again, this is true. At the same time, I would be wary of getting lost in self-reflection in and of itself. We, as animals, were fashioned to engage with each other and the world around us. People are people's natural habitat.

I would advise action. I'm advising action. Movement. Connection.

Fight your fears by facing them in the real world.

You'll be amazed how fast they fall before you.

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow...clearly no-one here has studied philosophy before...

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
drjekyll, I see some people have queried the authenticity of your account of a threesome with two american girls. Which bar were you outside on the Royal Mile?

drjekyll

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ripper said:
drjekyll, I see some people have queried the authenticity of your account of a threesome with two american girls. Which bar were you outside on the Royal Mile?
It was on the steps of the Bank Hotel.

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
drjekyll said:
It was on the steps of the Bank Hotel.
Nice spot. Probably walked past you on a way to a lecture. haha. It sure is a small world...

drjekyll

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ripper said:
Nice spot. Probably walked past you on a way to a lecture. haha. It sure is a small world...
check out the edinburgh lair - it's www.edinburghlair.co.uk - that's where everyone meets up in the city.

drjekyll

Don Juan
Reaction score
realsmoothie said:
jekyll:

Thanks, dude. I always mean to check out Pirsig - so much to do and so little time, but I will get around to it in the end.

I've been into philosophy for just over a decade also. You might want to check out the Brotherhood - it's my forum. Whatever you want to discuss you can do so there - it's also got an extended section for any philosophical issues that arise from pickup. Link below.

shiningshadow

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't come to this forum much anymore, but with posts like yours I think I shall start again. An amazing piece of writing, really an eye opener. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

unknowngod

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fantastic piece my man. I recommend this to everyone!

drjekyll

Don Juan
Reaction score
unknowngod said:
Fantastic piece my man. I recommend this to everyone!
Good.

drjekyll

Don Juan
Reaction score
lurker said:
wow if you wrote this then you must be smart . some kinda professor, good post.
Ha - not really. Not yet.

lurker said:
i hope men do not over analyze thier problems and thoughts so deep though when it comes to women all that deep thinking **** isnt necessary becos very smart intellectuall men fail with women.
Absolutely. The problem is that overanalysis is a seductive trap into which to fall. It isn't something you can turn on or off, it is more akin to a kind of addiction which creeps upon a person slowly.

It is something, I contend, which must be fought tooth and nail.

lurker said:
so me thinks we shoudlnt complicate our lives when it some to women, but i sense that this post is about life in general and not just women. iv seen good tips today id give this 4 stars. very good man ill print this thanks.
Thank you for the props. At the same time, a number of issues have risen recently in my life which I think it is only fair to raise here. The fact is that fighting free of hell, although pivotal, is only one step.

I am an expert at this - at not failing.

I'm reading 'Think And Grow Rich' by Napoleon Hill right now. It's absolutely superb. He advises that we fix a goal in our minds - something that we desire above all else, and hammer that goal home until it is all that echoes around our subconscious. We then pursue it doggedly, and never, ever allow ourselves to be discouraged.

Once we do that, we can marshal all the forces at our disposal and allow ourselves to acheive literally any goal.

This is an extremely impressive book, and I think fills in many of the gaps in my own psychological strategies for living.

To put it briefly - there are greater things a man can aspire to than simply not failing.

I shall post in more depth about this once I've had time to digest it.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone wants to be happy, even if they wont admit it.

Let yourself be happy and people will like and love you for being able to achieve what they also want (but most cant).

Being happy is what gives you value.

Being happy is what makes you the prize.

Being happy is what makes chicks follow you.

Being happy comes from inner peace, and inner peace is the elimination of desire. Wanting more and more is not a permanent solution, only for the time being can it make you happy.