Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Bros before Hoes enigman/mystery

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
Ok, here it is, I have a friend, a single guy, extremley overweight, a huge man, who is everybody's best friend, but the guy hasnt been laid in eons. He is basically like a "Norm" type at Cheers, and lives for the concept of "A bunch of drunk idiots" (his own words) hanging out at the bar, doing shot after shot, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. That is all fine and well....

BUT whenever any of his single friends are in the process of "hooking up" he gets repulsed, as if we arent truly loyal to him if we want to spend any amount of time with the ladies, and any ladies he has his eyes on, who arent turned on by the concept of a grossy obese balding man in the sack, he turns into a bit of a "hater" and starts putting both parties down......example, he got pissed because I basically said I was going to a concert with a lady "friend" instead of him.....

He accused me of not being a loyal friend....so tell me fellow DJs, what is up with the whole "Bros before Hoes" crap, should we just give up on the ladies and do "Boys night Out" 365 days a year, pass the vaseline and the Kleenix? Or attempt to hook up with a female occasionally?

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by AIR-PILOT
How old is this guy??
He is insecure dude...bottom line.
Mid thirties. But I agree with you about the "insecure" stuff. I like him, he's a great, fun guy, but on the other hand, any time I meet a lady who wants to spend some "quality" time together, she will come WAYYY Before before the BNO "do shots and talk about the NBA" stuff. That is fine, but there is a time and a place for it.

Ridingthelightning

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its your life, if he gets mad at you going out with a lady then so what. I've got a guy I used to hang out with like that. I finally got fed up with it and completely quit thinking about hanging out with him. If I ever am in need of something to do on a weekend I know he'll call, and I'll use his gas and free ride to wherever to pick up ladies. Good times.

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ridingthelightning
Its your life, if he gets mad at you going out with a lady then so what. I've got a guy I used to hang out with like that. I finally got fed up with it and completely quit thinking about hanging out with him. If I ever am in need of something to do on a weekend I know he'll call, and I'll use his gas and free ride to wherever to pick up ladies. Good times.
Exactly, it just irritates me that he wants me and the entire Earth to be celibate male bros forever, and "the bunch of drunk idiots hanging out" 365 days a year.....and the minute a lovely lady enters the picture, he calls us "Benedict Arnolds".....It's like, "Oh, crap, um, I'm sorry Amanda, I know you wanted me to go over to your place tonight, so we could relax in front of the fire, and you could give me a hot oil massage, but I think I'd rather hang out with MY BOYS at da bar, and do some shots and watch the Major League Baseball game...

Pardon me while I vomit.

Skullcrusher

Don Juan
Reaction score
People like this want to be at the same level as you are or drag you down with them. In the long run, the guy is not your friend.. He is one of those nice guys (that pretend to be nice) but inside he is green with envy and when you mess up, he secretly rejoices while wallowing in his own messed up life.

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Skullcrusher
People like this want to be at the same level as you are or drag you down with them. In the long run, the guy is not your friend.. He is one of those nice guys (that pretend to be nice) but inside he is green with envy and when you mess up, he secretly rejoices while wallowing in his own messed up life.
You are correct, this guy has a lot of problems in his personal life, with an ex wife, kids, ect, and seems to want all of his single friends to only want to hang out with him at the bar, drinking shots and belching, if an interested woman comes along, he seems to get real spiteful.

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
:confused: Has anyone thought about getting this poor man laid????:cheer:

Surely there is some woman on the planet who'd lie back & think of England while "Norm" does the horizontal tango on her. They guy needs to remember the joys of sex, get some time with a beer drinking, NBA fan with boobs and he'll be ignoring you for HER! That "Bros before ho's" will go right out the window. :woo:

Pure Drive +

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WaterTiger
:confused: Has anyone thought about getting this poor man laid????:cheer:

Surely there is some woman on the planet who'd lie back & think of England while "Norm" does the horizontal tango on her. They guy needs to remember the joys of sex, get some time with a beer drinking, NBA fan with boobs and he'll be ignoring you for HER! That "Bros before ho's" will go right out the window. :woo:
No his problems are not yours. Let him be a punk and try to pull you down. Just ignore his ass and who cares if you lose him as afriend. Real friends understand there is a time for guy time and a time for personal time. Screw helping him out. One person's problems are a big enough burden, why do you need his?