Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Book Recommendations

Clark Kent

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have some time on my hands and I want to start getting into heavy reading of the "right" books. What I have in perspective are the following:

• 48 Laws of Power - by Robert Greene
• The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of the Human Nature by Matt Ridley
• The Mystery Method by Eric von Markovik
• The Game by Neil Strauss
• The Rules of The Game by Neil Strauss
• The Pick Up Artist: New and Improved Art of Seduction by Mystery
• Magic Bullets
• How to Talk to Anyone: 92 Little Tricks by Leil Lowndes
• Introducing NLP Neuro-Linguistic Programming by Joseph O' Connor
• Venusian Arts Handbook by Mystery Method Corp
• The Art of Seduction: by Robert Greene
• Mind Magic: Extraordinary Tricks to Mystify, Baffle and Entertain by Marc Lemezma

Those are currently the books I'm going to purchase, however before I do. You guys are welcome to disregard some of the above or/and introduce me to more open books that could help in self-improvement and self-actualization and Pick-Up wise. Not as a crutch but more of a structured and better understanding of interacting with Women and social gatherings.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How to Make Great Conversation and Small Talk - Sean McPheat

The only book in my experience that actually teaches you how to fix up your social skills (and does it in the span of only the first 20 or so pages).

Clark Kent

Don Juan
Reaction score
War Against Betaism said:
How to Make Great Conversation and Small Talk - Sean McPheat

The only book in my experience that actually teaches you how to fix up your social skills (and does it in the span of only the first 20 or so pages).
Thanks bro. :up:

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Law of Success- Napoleon Hill's original, ultimate bible of self-advancement.

Think and Grow Rich- the more common, condensed version of Law of Success.

The Prophet- Kahlil Gibran's masterpiece of the human condition, you will have a religious experience reading a non-religious bible.

As a Man Thinketh- James Allen's work on the thoughts of man and how they shape your destiny.

The Lives of the Caesars- Suetonius' biography for the ages of 12 Roman Emporers and their stories, it's fascinating reading and provides incredible insight into some of the most powerful men who ever lived.

Anything by Og Mandino- you'll live better.

SrDedosRapidos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Niccomachian Ethics - Aristotle
Aristotle was the first to assert than man's happiness should be the moral purpose of his life. What better place to start on self-improvement than a code of ethics that glorifies the self?

The Prince - Machiavelli (don't know HOW this one hasn't been suggested yet, unless you have already read it)
I guess this one can be skipped if you read the 48 laws, but it's still worth a read. Classics are classics for a reason.

365 Tao Daily Meditations - Deng Ming-Dao
I'm not a big fan of religion or spirituality, but I took a lot of helpful and practical information from Taoism.

The Virtue of Selfishness - Ayn Rand
Again, a set of ethics that glorifies the self. You dont have to agree with everything she says or even take egoism to the logical extremes she asserts.

Details Men's Style Manual
A good (though overpriced) starting guide for basic men's style. If you don't have any issues with style then nevermind, but it is a good read for those whose wardrobes are lacking.

Crimes Against Logic - Jamie Whyte
It seems strange to include a book about logic in a self-improvement book list, but I think learning to think clearly is an important skill. Good introduction to basic logical fallacies, how to spot them and even how to exploit them.

Magic Bullets

Reaction score
"The Natural Art of Seduction" by Richard La Ruina is a great book. "How to Pickup Beautiful Women'' by John Eagan is not a bad read, Robert Greenes stuff is excellent. I have also read MM twice.:cheer:

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need that much theory in pick-up it's 90% practical. I recommend watching "the blueprint" by RSD but that's about it.

I'll give an unrelated book recommendation just because when I think self-improvement I think intellectual improvement.

Understanding Power by Noam Chomsky - The most important and most quoted intellectual of our time. This is his most accessible work and a great introduction to understanding how the economical and political world works and what needs to be done. It's conversational so it's much "lighter" than his scholarly works.

Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Any books on being assertive?

Can anyone recommend the following books?

Way of the Superior Man by David Deida
No more mr. nice guy by Dr Robert A Glover
Being the Strong Man a Woman Wants by Elliott Katz

Currently reading the prince, think and grow rich. really enjoyed reading
the game - very entertaining,
rich dad poor dad - very motivating
but take both with a pinch punch of salt

Last edited:

The Experience

Don Juan
Reaction score
What would be the one book amongst the many to begin to start reading that gave you the best advice or need to know information?

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Perfect Mind Perfect Body Breakthrough by "David Hunter" This is based on the same philosophy as Ayn Rand.

The Book of Pook by "Pook"

The Art of War by Sun Tzu

Magic Bullets

Reaction score
Kesia Noble has a new book called ''15 Steps to Becoming a Master Seducer'', I am waiting to receive my copy of this book. From what I have read on Amazon and having got her "Deep Connection" Dvd set, this sounds like it will be a very good book. I also receive a monthly Dvd from "Master Pickup University" which has some really good material. I would say Kesia's book will be awesome.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Experience said:
What would be the one book amongst the many to begin to start reading that gave you the best advice or need to know information?
The book that I recommended earlier in this topic. Why? Because while those other books teaches about mindset, techniques, behaviour, body language, none of them teach proper social skills. You just need proof from this board how important good social skills are. Despite knowing all the secrets and tricks of the trade, the most common questions on this board are not knowing what to say next. If social skills were properly taught first, then this board may as well be empty.

The Experience

Don Juan
Reaction score
War Against Betaism said:
The book that I recommended earlier in this topic. Why? Because while those other books teaches about mindset, techniques, behaviour, body language, none of them teach proper social skills. You just need proof from this board how important good social skills are. Despite knowing all the secrets and tricks of the trade, the most common questions on this board are not knowing what to say next. If social skills were properly taught first, then this board may as well be empty.
I actually did look for this book first in a couple libraries and half price books, but I couldn't find it. I guess I have to order it online?

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Experience said:
I actually did look for this book first in a couple libraries and half price books, but I couldn't find it. I guess I have to order it online?
Do you have an email?

FLGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recommend a book called "The Closers" by Ben Gay III/Jim Pickens.

http://www.amazon.com/Closers-Ben-Gay-III/dp/0942645006

It's the equivalent of the DJ Bible for salespeople.

The book is a no non-sense guide to closing the sale.

More important than the scripted rebutalls and pitches is the psychology behind being a master closer.

One of the best parts about the book is a section that goes over how when a couple goes to a car dealership let's say to look at cars, they have already made a plan to DEFEAT the salesman. I see it the same way when you go to a club, a group of girls already have a game plan to defeat the guy/to stop their girlfriend from being "closed" or taken home for a ONS.

Great stuff.

BlackMos17

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best book to start with is How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie ive learned a lot from it.

Now Im gonna check out some of these.

Edit: What the hell? Im reading the How to talk to anyone 92 tricks book, and the author just called out the same book I mentioned before. Its like the successor of it, even the chapter headings are similar.

Last edited: