Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Book of Shuma Gora

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It will be awhile before it's done. I expect to have it out by November or December.

I'll post a download link when I have it completed, Don't worry.

The reason why It's going so slow is that in order to write effectively, i need to have been previously thinking about a subject I'm going to write about, and get fired up about it. That's when the thought process flows, and the more i think about it, the more stuff I remember to include.

I have a college course in Psychology pretty soon, so maybe that will help get me in the right frame of mind to begin writing.

andresdj

Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought that this book was available at amazon.com?.... if it is your book ....please email us !
If there is a version at amazon.com ...
is it worth buying it ?

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by andresdj:
I thought that this book was available at amazon.com?.... if it is your book ....please email us !
If there is a version at amazon.com ...
is it worth buying it ?

My Book isn't over at amazon.com, so I don't know what you're talking about, but the good news is, my book will be 100% free b/c the best things in life should be free (like how this website is. Since this site practically turned my life around for free, the very least i could do was make my book free too.)

When it's done, i'm going to provide a download link.

Wolf in sheep's clothing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bumpity bump.

I just found out about this and am curious as to how the writing is going Page?

------------------
"Step aside everyone! Sensitive love letters are my specialty. 'Dear Baby, Welcome to Dumpsville. Population: you.'" - Homer J. Simpson

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
I just remembered reading months back that this book would be finished by December, and decided to pop in to see if it was done--nice new board, wow!.

Hey Page, are you on schedule here? November and December are practically over, and I'm curious about what you have to offer me.

GEORGE GORDON

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by George Gordon
I just remembered reading months back that this book would be finished by December, and decided to pop in to see if it was done--nice new board, wow!.

Hey Page, are you on schedule here? November and December are practically over, and I'm curious about what you have to offer me.

GEORGE GORDON
It's taking longer than i expected, but i'm not going to rush it b/c it would end up half-assed if i try to finish it in a hurry.

Out of 47 articles, there are 17 still left to be written. I'm super-busy during the holidays, so i won't be able to do much until the onset of January.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Page
It's taking longer than i expected, but i'm not going to rush it b/c it would end up half-assed if i try to finish it in a hurry.

Out of 47 articles, there are 17 still left to be written. I'm super-busy during the holidays, so i won't be able to do much until the onset of January.

so ? finished ? ....I'm not pushing I'm just asking ...........may be you make it on February ? .... don't hurry ...take your time....just wanna let you know that WE are waiting.....

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm now maximizing the uniqueness of what it currently written-- in other words, I'm trying to keep from re-presenting stuff that has already been debated to death in the DJ Bible. (like nice guy vs. Jerk, be a man, etc.)

I'm including exclusive content that is basically how I have come to personally understand the DJ system. I have designed the writing style to be as if I were personally explaining my teachings to the reader, and I always go into extensive analysis of my own teachings.

I do intend to abridge the book over the years, so i have also left space for future content that has yet to be written in a future revision. In this way, the book will never be truly 'finished", but Expect to download a signifigant revision every year after the first edition is released.

As of right now, the book has 3 sections that are in various states of completion. (sections 4-7 are for revisions and additions)

seloifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if the book is going to be free, and downloadable online.......
why don't you just release an early version of the book (what you have so far), give us the time to read that (during which you can move along with the rest of the book), and then anticipate when you will release the rest of the book :D

Vronski

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol

Yeah Page, this is a nice tactic. Make the audience salivate for a couple of years and then release it when anticipation is at its highest. You don't have to play us, we're not girls you know. ;)

That's one long book if there's 47 chapters. Can you list them??

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only 3 articles to go.

Vronski-- I wasn't even trying to be a challenge-- I guess the habit comes naturally now after doing it for so long. My real reason is that I don't want to rush to finish the book and risk it ending up half-assed b/c of it.

Also, patience is controlling your eagerness... wouldn't you rather see a list of the chapters when you can actually click them and read them instead of it only being a list?

Also, I've been keeping the best stuff under wraps when I've been posting stuff from the book over the past few months, so I bet you can't wait to find out what I've kept under the table. :)

dj blass

Don Juan
Reaction score
You got good marketing skills my friend.. ;-)

Let us know when you are done.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dj blass
You got good marketing skills my friend.. ;-)

Let us know when you are done.
It's done...

See, I said it wouldn't be too much longer. :)

Drow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Page,
A couple of things..

I downloaded the book, and ran into a couple of problems.

First off, when running setup.exe, the program will try to install into C:\Program Files\The Book Of Shuma Gora

I set it up into that given directory and the program wouldn't run.

You said "Let the program install to C:/my documents/vb/shumagora" -- and when I tried to do this it gave some errors.

Ok, so I went to my C:\ drive and manually create those folders.
I reran the setup and selected that path and GOT the program to run.

--------

The program seems to run fine, but the background is black, and you CAN'T read any of the text UNLESS you highlight over it.

Anyways, I thought you should know..

cya,

.Drow

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drow
Hey Page,
A couple of things..

I downloaded the book, and ran into a couple of problems.

First off, when running setup.exe, the program will try to install into C:\Program Files\The Book Of Shuma Gora

I set it up into that given directory and the program wouldn't run.

You said "Let the program install to C:/my documents/vb/shumagora" -- and when I tried to do this it gave some errors.

Ok, so I went to my C:\ drive and manually create those folders.
I reran the setup and selected that path and GOT the program to run.

--------

The program seems to run fine, but the background is black, and you CAN'T read any of the text UNLESS you highlight over it.

Anyways, I thought you should know..

cya,

.Drow
I have provided installation instructions, and I may have to rerelease it so it works if you try and put it in program files. Sorry about the bugginess of the setup program.

Also, try to increase the gamma on your monitor. I have mine pumped up all the way, and i can see everything fine. I chose a dark colour scheme b/c i didn't want my book to look anything like the DJB. (b/c my book is a separate volume in it's own right and not a mere extension of the DJB, I decided that it would be appropriate to do my own thing as far as the colours go.)

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DrMetallica
where can we get this?

Check the DJ Bible for a Download link. My server has probably taken a pounding today (I have a bandwidth limit, and having a lot of people downloading an 8.5 MB file runs it up real fast) , so I would appreciate it if you would DL it from other peoples servers besides mine.