Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Art of Walking Away II

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Troops!

LOTS of good info in this thread. I remember it from back when I first discovered this board. A lot of indepth analysis and sage advice from many of our more decorated soldiers in the Sosuave Army. And I also remember this one too....

I remember WESTCOASTER as being one of the better posters on Sosuave-----of those who no longer post regularly, that is.

This thread he started is proof positive that the TRUTH doesn't change, and that there is nothing REALLY new under the sun------just new guys experiencing the same old things for the FIRST time. And I learn shyt almost every time I read quality threads from the past...

So BUMP, goddamm it!

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Victory Unlimited said:
So BUMP, goddamm it!
Good bump, just goes to show that we aren't talkin out of our azzes, this stuff has been the truth for years, its nothing new. WestCoaster was an A1 guy.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Props for resurrecting this thread. I was reading through some of the stories and felt commraderie with the guys here. Sometimes I think it's only me who has been disgraceful with women. :rolleyes:

But since the ball is rolling, I'll share one of my own; a little more recent than I'd like to admit.

I have (was) seeing this girl for most of the time I have been at sosuave...about 2 and a half years. Over the course of our long, tumultuous, disfunctional relationship, we probably seriously split up about half a dozen times, varying from lengths of a week to a couple of months. We stopped talking to each other at least two dozen more times, often for days or weeks.

This girl had a lot of potential, but our relationship was very emotional. She also had a slew of issues. Past abuse, disconnected and disfunctional parents, a psychotic sister, stalkers, psychiatric issues, hospitalizations for said issues (yes, this is all true). Clearly i was dating a woman with significant baggage. I loved her very, very much, but she continued to treat me with disregard. At times she could be the greatest girl to me: loving, sweet, respectful, intelligent...basically everything I wanted in a girl. We had common interests, very similar personalities (minus the bipolarity), and great physical attraction.

Good went to bad, bad went to worse, then back to good, and back to worse. While i certainly have my own share of AFC behavior to own up to, when i look back on it our relationship was characterized by a marked lack of respect on her part, and my continued tolerance and forgiveness of her behavior.

What bites me about it the most is that i couldnt walk away for good--no turning back. If i did walk away, i would later rescind upon it and try to patch things up, sort of like reverse buyer's remorse.

I tell you, I f*cking tried man. So many times. I couldnt do it. There is something uncanny about the difficulty men have in walking away from a woman they have emotionally invested in.

In my gut i know it is over now. The time has come. We had been long distance (i know) for the past 8 months or so. Which, by the way, is the worst possible arrangement for a man...but i digress. She pulls what she had been doing since day one-- vanishing from contact with no explaination for days. I should have walked; never spoken to her again. But instead, i text her with my angry ultimatum, she turns off her phone. Like a fool, i later rescinded on my terms and tried to apologize and mend the fence, but the damage was done. She said nothing to me. No call, no text, no email...and i did all of the above.

It feels good now that it is over. I think being long distance makes it easier to move on. It was a heavy relationship. We had talked about marriage, kids, the whole nine.

So there you have it, Colossus' skeletons are out of the closet. I may have been a DJ in other areas of my life, but not always with her. This is of course the condensed version of the story; there were some bright spots in there.

On the positive side, the lessons and personal growth that have come out of this mess are invaluable. I can only wait for the distance to bring more clarity. There is some good inspiration in this thread. Perfect timing.

Last edited:

armstrong

Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread is pretty interesting to me because I've never had any trouble walking away from a woman. I was picked on as a kid, but both guys and girls. I used to get a lot of pleasure from dissing girls I went to school with that I'd run into years later. It's something that's carried over into adulthood and does hamper me at times because I get a sense of satisfaction from telling a woman to go fly a kite. Problem is, that ends up happening more times than I get a date!

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
Good bump, just goes to show that we aren't talkin out of our azzes, this stuff has been the truth for years, its nothing new. WestCoaster was an A1 guy.
Thanks, I'm still lurking. Nice to see a post bumped, flattering. I'm reading and learning as always. I don't have a ton to offer right now to the message board, my social/dating life hasn't been that great (I attract flakes like stink on sh-t) so I'm going back to the fundamentals.

Also, my job has been very busy, my boss retired and I'm the interim boss for a month and a half (and no, I don't want to be the permanent boss). But anyway, thanks for the nice words.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
yep. walking away is advice i give once you know ALL the facts.

this means your girl has been doing dumb stuff repeatedly. You've communicated with her that what shes doing is inappropriate. she continues to do it. etc.

walking away isnt a first or last option. I dont even think of it like an option. its what you HAVE to do when you are sure of what are you dealing and sure that its not what you want from life or from a woman long term.
THis is solid advice. You need to KNOW what you are dealing with .You need evidence and facts and NOT speculation .

There was a recent thread in which guys promoted the belief that you just should " trust your gut' and just walk "... Wrong ! You need to LISTEN to the rumblings that your gut is creating as a warning ONLY and then go gather the EVIDENCE, if it exists. If you are in an LTR with a woman whom you suspect is cheating then you need to INVESTIGATE and discover all the facts (or at least enough to confirm or dispel your suspicions) .

YOur gut may be wrong - mine frequently is. That is why you need to recruit your intelligence to gather the details and not rely on some 'feeling' ... Women act on feelings , men act on the fruits of intellect and then take action ,,, You may just be feeling old suspicions from another earlier relationship and transfering those onto your current squeeze.

However disrespect is another matter.
Sometimes it is blatant and sometimes it is ambiguous and that is the value of this board - to post and receive advice from other men.

Knight's Cross

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just read Anti Dr. Phil's Posts here, POWERFUL message! I totally agree. When there isn't respect you have but one option. Walk. Now how you make the break is your decision, but I do believe everyone needs to take a hard look at the posts above and decide how they do it. In my case, there was no reason to give the ex closure of any kind. Months ago I made the break. I know that she wasn't the right woman for me, reading the why on SS helped make the break easier.
No Contact was my method. To date in over 3 months I have made 0 contact and moved on to other plates. To each his own, but for ones own sanity each and every man should consider the tactical advantages for your own self esteem of walking without a trace. It sends a CLEAR message. Sure you may want to explain your actions, WHY? She knows deep down why you are doing it. If she doesn't...WHO CARES.. This isn't about the woman, it's about you, and your survival in a difficult world of choosing who you allow and who you don't.

My 2 cents..

KC