Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Art of Reading People

evansblue

Banned
Reaction score
Throughout the years in the pickup community, much has been focused on your body language, tonality, vibe, etc. However, what's even more important is the ability to analyze other people's. This is the number one tool I rely on when interacting with women, and people in general. It doesn't matter how confident, or smooth you think you are. If you can't rationally analyze situations and the people in them, you're going to have a very difficult road ahead of you. This is especially true in the dating world where picking up on cues can make or break a hookup.

This has been something that's been on my mind for a long time, but I never posted this because I wasn't quite sure how to articulate it. I'm still not sure I can explain it, but I'm going to try. Part of the difficultly is due partly because it's easy to tell someone how to act or carry themselves, but it's much more difficult telling someone how to observe someone else. It's an abstract concept. It hasn't happened yet. There's a million different scenarios, possibilities, logistical considerations, etc.

It's called being intuitive, and it's not something you're born with. It's something that's developed over time by closely observing people's mannerisms and demeanor to incoming stimuli in their environment. I greatly attribute this to my success with women. Everyone out there is capable of this, but most don't possess it, because they don't pay attention. They just rush into a situation without ever considering what the circumstances around them are saying.

With women, what I'm primarily looking for is if they are paying attention to their surroundings. For example - I'm walking through the mall and spot a cute girl quite a ways ahead of me. I'll watch her to see if she looks at any other people in the vicinity, whether walking directly past her or across on either side. You might think that doesn't mean much, but it's actually very revealing. If she is not surveying people or looking around, this gives me an indication that she's not that curious about her surroundings. If the girl is single and available, subconsciously she'll be at least somewhat observant to people around her, because she's looking for a partner. None of this is going to be obvious, it's going to be very subtle so you need to pay close attention.

I can almost immediately spot a married woman by that behavior alone. Women who are taken usually are not very concerned with what's going on around them. They're in their own world, and are focused strictly on the items they came for. Their disposition is that of a very content, almost slightly arrogant demeanor. Their facial expressions are usually very fixed. Again, not reacting to their environment.

This is part of the reason why I cold approach so much. You're seeing a woman's natural personality. It's much more difficult reading a girl in a bar on a Saturday night, because they're voluntarily placing themselves in a setting they know is going to be filled with a bunch of single guys. They are prepared mentally (they know guys are going to approach them) and physically (their outfits are carefully chosen). This is a whole different animal than day game. From my experience, there are two types of women who frequent the night life:

1.) Girls who strictly want attention.

2.) Girls who are strictly looking for a ONS.

What has always amazed me about the bar/club scene is how there is no grey area with these women. They're either full blown slvts, or completely prude and won't give a guy the time of day. The latter being the majority, unfortunately. Again, it can be difficult to differentiate which category a girl falls into. You really can't base it too much on what she wears, because again, she's predetermined her outfit for the occasion. I have noticed though, that the full blown slvts tend to dress slightly more conservative than the prude girls. It's counter intuitive, but I think in a way they're trying not to draw too much attention to themselves. They don't want to be known as a slvt. Maybe their top isn't as tight, or their dress is a little lower. I'm always very suspicious of the girls that wear skin tight, tiny clothes that barely covers their body. This is almost a dead giveaway that the girl is there for free drinks and to soak up some attention before going home to her vibrator. The true slvt is going to be laying low, flying under the radar.

In this day and age, encountering big groups of people in bars and clubs has increased, due in large part to social networking sites and what I call "the cellphone surge". Gone are the days when you could approach a hottie sitting by herself without dealing with c0ckblocks. But, who a girl is with is a very telling sign of her possible intentions for the evening.

The one thing you want to avoid at all costs are all-girl groups for one simple reason: mathematical logistics. Let's say you notice 4 girls who came together and there's one you really want to shack up with that night. What you have to realize is that they all didn't take separate cars. The probability of them arriving in the same car is very, very likely. That means there's a 75% chance the girl you're talking to is relying on one of her friends to get her home. You think she's going to pull away from her group of friends, look like a slvt, and rely on a stranger (you) for transportation back to your place, and then back to wherever she needs to go? I think you have a better chance of getting struck by lightning as you jerk into your tube sock. Now, it might be a little different if the girl came with guys. Maybe one of them is her boyfriend, maybe he isn't. The obstacle is still the same. No girl is going to risk her reputation of looking like a slvt in front of a bunch of people she knows.

A group of three girls really doesn't change the situation a whole lot. There's still too many variables for my liking, and I'm more opportunistic when I'm on the prowl for a ONS. Your best chance for success is a two set with a major difference in attractiveness between the two girls. And contrary to popular belief, the one you need to be working your game on is the hotter one. Why? The fact she came to the bar with her ugly friend is a tell-tale sign she's insecure, and doesn't like sharing the spotlight with other attractive girls. These women are the most susceptible to a ONS, and are probably using their less attractive friend as leverage.

Remember, a hot girl who is around equally hot friends is probably very secure with herself, and isn't as dependent on male attention. You can bet a lot of these girls have boyfriends. If they didn't, why would they share the limelight with three other hotties in a place packed with guys? Women are purely ego driven, and feel very threatened by other attractive women. The fact they showed up together should be a big red flag in your quest for a ONS.

Basically, the message I'm trying to convey here is that there's a lot more than meets the eye. It's not just about being confident and carrying yourself like you're the prize. There's a multitude of other factors going on and your success is going to depend on how accurately you read people and social situations. You need to think outside the box and react accordingly.

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Very good observations and analyzes.

SoSuaveDude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
evansblue said:
From my experience, there are two types of women who frequent the night life:

1.) Girls who strictly want attention.

2.) Girls who are strictly looking for a ONS.
I couldn't agree more! :rockon: Great overall post, and i think it's impossible to find LTR material at the bar or club scene period. The fact that she exposes herself to numerous men late at night knowing they want sex shows that she craves attention and/or sex, and if you try to mold her into gf material, your attention or sex alone will never quench her appetite. These are the hit and quit type of women, surely don't get attached, as these are the women who often have daddy issues or Bpd symptoms lol.

gaspipe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he means women who frequent bars/clubs on a regular basis. Yes these types are not LTR material and agree that they generally fall into those types of categories.

However to label a girl a slut just because she goes out for some drinks and dancing on occassion is going a little overboard.

SoSuaveDude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
gaspipe said:
I think he means women who frequent bars/clubs on a regular basis. Yes these types are not LTR material and agree that they generally fall into those types of categories.

However to label a girl a slut just because she goes out for some drinks and dancing on occassion is going a little overboard.
Yeah, i was hoping my post didn't seem like a huge bitter generalization. I just meant those that frequent them regularly are very highly likely to fit those categories and assumptions. There are always exceptions to the rule, but the probability is pretty low imho.