Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Art of Phone Openers

Mr. Fingers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, there is a lot of debate amongst my fellow players on how you should treat this whole phone game, particularly how to open a good conversation and generate some interest. So I would like to share some techniques with you that work rather well, if I do say so myself.

Before I begin, the most important thing I want you to understand is that the phone/email/IM are all just tools that you use to meet her in person, so keep the convo interesting but don't ramble on for more than say 10-15 minutes or you have already wittled away valuable conversation time MINUS the kino! Your goal here is to get her live and in person.

Now, the biggest question is how do you initiate? Granted if this girl already digs you, you can pretty much say anything as long as you don't make an ass out of yourself, and you will still be able to close for a meeting. A lot of times, if the IL is already there, you can just call , fluff for a bit and politely invite her to go out with you. (yawn!) But how can you make your phone presence more interesting and memorable enough to get her dripping with anticipation for that meeting?

Personally I like to catch girls off guard right from the start and pretend I don't know them when I call. i do a little role-playing, throw in some C&F and they end up loving me for it! Some examples? Sure.

Met this girl at a party and we were fluff talking about our careers. I transitioned the convo into dreams and ambitions. Found out she was studying to join the circus of all things and she was into trapeze, juggling, the whole 9 yards. We had a great convo and I got her number. A few days later I recorded myself making monkey noises and dubbed my voice over itself so it sounded like a room full of chimps (you'll see why in a minute) Afterwards I rang her while the tape of monkey sounds played softly in the background and my opener was something like this:

GIRL: Hello?
ME: Uh, yes Hi! Um, I am looking for a girl who can show me how to juggle monkeys..
GIRL: Who's this? (already laughing a little)
ME: (covering the phone) Bobo! Put that down NOW!! (Uncovering the phone)Oh man, I'm so sorry about that. You see, I have these three monkeys over here and I am a little short on cash these days so I figure if I can just get this skill down pat, I can make some decent money on the street with my monkey juggling
GIRL: (Cracking up) Who IS this???
ME: (Long Pause)Oh damn, I am offended now. You don't recognize the smooth sound of my voice?(bold part said in deep, sexy tone.)
GIRL: OMG, ...Fingers??!
ME: :cool:

See how I let the mystery and humor build? This same approach can be applied universally

I met another girl on the street. Opened her by asking where I could find a cologne shop. (Girls not only love to give directions, but are taken by a man who is not afraid to ask for them!) She showed me the way and we walked together for a bit. I asked where she was headed. She told me she was going to Dance class. Turns out she is a dance instructor. I was like "Cool!" We started vibing on the whole dance tip and I told her how much I love music and for me dancing is like the ultimate meditiation. I had the most fun talking to her. She put me on to where some of the lesser known clubs are at and I gave her a pen and paper to write down the addresses of the clubs with directions. She volunteered her number at the very bottom and said I should call her for a dancer's night out. I thanked her, gave her a kiss on the cheek and bounced. That week was hectic, so I didn't call her back until the following weekend. This is how it went down.

GIRL: Hello?
ME: Hi! I am wondering if you can help me out here. I am looking for a great dance teacher to show me a few moves, could you recommend anyone special?
GIRL: (Laughing)
ME:Yeah, you see I already know how to dance a little but would like to learn some more ... sensual moves that would require some private lessons..
GIRL: (Playing along) Oh really? How private are we talking here?
ME: Intimately private!
She finally caves
GIRL: Who is this?
ME: Why, darling it's the man of your dreams! (pause)Well..that is if the man of your dreams occasionally gets lost and can't find his way to the perfume shop
GIRL: (All Excited) Fingersssss!

You get the point, keep them on their toes, play with them, tease them and right when the vibe is at its nicest, you come off with "Sayyyy, what are you doing right now?" she answers with whatever "Well, I am ten times more exciting than that so why don't you meet up with me? I am heading to XYZ in a little while and I think it would be fun if we linked up" If she is busy, close her for another night. But you are almost guaranteed to get a meeting with this approach!

Get her in person and keep that charm flowing. Remember to be yourself...not the fake scared YOU that anxiety/society has created, but the REAL YOU, The one who is comfortable in his skin and loves to have a good time. You...DO like to have a good time...don't you?

Whatever you do, don't worry about scoring! Flirt with her, touch her, have a blast and all the while, imagine me cheering for you from a thousand miles away..because I am!

Go get 'em Tiger!

Mr. Fingers

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr. Fingers
ME: (covering the phone) Bobo! Put that down NOW!! (Uncovering the phone)Oh man, I'm so sorry about that.
ROTFLMAO!!! :D :D :D

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's all and good for the first phone call to a girl you recently met, but it doesn't do much good with a girl you've already been talking to on the phone. Do you have any tips for a girl you already are sorta dating? I'm just phone-illiterate or something...I mean, the girl I'm gonna call next week is on a trip to another city. Should I just ask how her trip was or something and proceed from there to making plans?

Elimidate

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This reminds me when I called up a HB who was into acting:

She wasn't home and her mom answered:

Mom: Hello

Me (in my most sophisicated voice): Hi is HB there please?

Mom: No sorry, she out.

Me: Well, thats to bad, its Steven Spielberg calling and she has the part she auditioned for.

Mom: Starts howing! come on!

Me: Many people find it hard to beleive I make personal calls, but your daughter has a lot talent. Will you let her know I called?

Mom: Does she have your #.

Me: Absolutely

Mom: OK :)

The next day she calls me and mentions nothing of it. We then hook up later in the week and all I had to say was,

Me: Hey, I heard you got the part?

HB: What part?

Me: My friend Steven Speilberg told me you got a lead in his new movie!

HB: THAT WAS YOU!! LOLOLOL

Elimidate

DJStudent

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All of these are great, great job guys:)

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Life experience has taught you well, Mr. Fingers. You seem to have the answers to many questions and the mindset of an Alpha Male! You truly are too good to be true.

aBAzLLnA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hahahha wow, the second one niiice, i dunno about the first one tho...IMO.

the steven spielsburg one is sweet, i gotta try that out

hey lets keep em comin eh?

~ivan

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean to tell me you ask girls about juggling monkeys, and moreover pretend to TALK to the monkey, and she gives you the time of day? Either they're in kindergarten, or ugly enough that a call from ANY guy is a big event. How's a girl gonna take you seriously when you say stupid **** like that?

Mr. Fingers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean to tell me you ask girls about juggling monkeys, and moreover pretend to TALK to the monkey, and she gives you the time of day? Either they're in kindergarten, or ugly enough that a call from ANY guy is a big event. How's a girl gonna take you seriously when you say stupid **** like that?
Great response..allow me to clarify.

1. I don't ask girl(s) about juggling monkeys. This approach was specific to the situation, since she was a circus girl. It's all relative, dude. It has to be in context in order to work. And work it did!

2. She was quite attractive actually. about a 7 and she was a very intelligent..interesting woman to say the least.

3. Who ever said I wanted ANYONE to take me seriously? I think this is a huge problem with alot of these so-called players..they actual give a sh!t what people think. Me, I like to try juvenile things because sometimes I am just a big kid at heart and place more of a priority on having FUN than worrying about getting laid. You'd be surprised how effective this attitude is. I like to let a girl know off the bat that I am a wacky motherfúcker! But hey, we all have different styles, no? Thanks for the reply though, helps to clarify so that guys don't try this approach on random girls!! That would be tragic! I really should have been more clear on this, but I am not perfect (I know unbelievable aint it?) Hope this answers your question.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
See, a big part of the AFC is to be nervous with girls. AFC calls the girl up, stumbles, says "umm...hi...umm...what...are..you doing? and gets nowhere"

Fingers got this on the spot, joking around relieves all this tension, and also tests the girl. If i called a girl with the monkey apporach, and she started giving me **** about animal rights, she's gone. You cant date a girl wihtout a sence of humor.

NJ fingers, welcome to club bro.

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My apologies. But in my mind, you shouldn't have to be "smooth" on the phone. If the girl digs you, you could all but burp the alphabet and she'd eat it up. If she doesn't like you, nothing is gonna change her mind. Or you can do what I did. I made applications for the honor of dating me, and passed them around campus. Sure, some girls though I was conceited, arrogant, full of myself, etc. But quite a few thought it was hilarious. I stopped passing them out when I realized I had more dates than I did money to pay for them. Try it, if you have the personality to pull it off (it won't work for everyone, doubtless), & you'll do well for yourself.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't be a jokester like that every time you call a girl...it gets OLD!! So, what do you say when you need to have a normal conversation and ask her somewhere?

Mr. Fingers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr. Latte,

No offense taken whatsoever, I appreciate all forms of feedback. Your dating application idea is hilarious! I have a similar technique which I call the"Girlfriend Test" I will post it on here once I get the chance. Never thought to hand them out randomly like that though. You got some balls dude!

Elimidate,
Great job. I am impressed!

DJStudent, aBAzLLnA, Jay_VCU, mischievous & Don Ronny,
Glad yall enjoyed. :)

Create Reality,
Why, that's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to me! Are you trying to seduce me? LOL. :p
BTW - you have probably the coolest username I've ever seen.

dave134,

You are right, I don't do this over-the-top stuff everytime. Once they are already into me, I keep the phone convo very simple. I usually say

ME: Hey lady
HER: Hi!
ME: What are you doing right now?
HER: blah blah blah
ME: I see. hmm tell you what I am heading to XYZ right now and I'm taking you with me...how does 8:30 sound?

I say this totally serious and usually gets a chuckle and lets her know I am a take-charge kind of guy. It really depends on the rapport you have with the girl. Sometimes I will bust balls like this.

ME: Hey lady
HER: Hi!
ME: What are you doing right now
HER: blah blah blah
ME: (Interrupting her)ZZZzzzZZZzzz
HER: Hey!
ME: *snort* Wha? Huh? Oh sorry...ummm...Wanna do something fun for a change?

Sometimes if I am feelin frisky I'll do the typical "what are you wearing routine" Nothing special. A lot of times I call and say the first thing that pops into my mind. This is supposed to be fun man, it's not a military campaign!

Latte is right yo, once a girl is feeling you it doesn't matter what you say. Your instincts are serving you well as it is

When she calls you, ask how her trip was. Listen to her and enjoy the conversation to the fullest cuz you should be intrigued by tales of other places. When she finishes, say "that's awesome! Sounds like you had a great time!" (or damn that is wack, depending on her answer) and regale her with what you've been up to for a brief minute, then come off with

"hey I think it would be great fun if we got together. I have reservations @ XYZ, care to join me?"

Don't make plans with her! The trick is to already have a plan (with a backup plan) in place. The kiss of death is to ask her what she wants to do. NEVER do that! Always lead my friend. If she is unavailable, set a time for another day. Simple, direct and bullsh!t-free! Good Luck Dave, Looking forward to the x-rated field report! ;)

Last edited:

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I handed them out SEMI-randomly @ school...I'd walk up to a girl, ask her for a pen to write something really quickly. When she said "it's ok, you can keep it, you'll need it today", I'd respond "Yeah, but you need it to fill this out", and whip out an application, or I'd just randomly smile and hand them to whoever caught my eye. I put my e-mail addy @ the bottom. There were weeks when I'd get 6, 7, 8 dates. On the way home from school, I'd look for good looking girls on the freeway (traffic is always standstill) to throw through car windows. Obviously, you dont get many good responses that way, but it's amusing in traffic. If you'd like, I can e-mail you a copy, so you can see what I'm talking about.

RedHerring

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, that's awesome! Post it up man, I'm interested.

Sounds like something I would do ;)

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, Mr. Fingers. I'm not a great talker over the phone so I think I'll stay away from the whole joke setup, but I think pet names would work well for me. I'm going to stop stressing about it and just ask about her trip and whatever comes naturally. I've already got the don't ask her what she wants to do thing or any of that down pat so no need to worry there. I'll just tell her what I'm up to and see if she'll join me.

Brazilian_Blues_Boy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Brilliant !

Originally posted by Mr. Fingers

3. Who ever said I wanted ANYONE to take me seriously? I think this is a huge problem with alot of these so-called players..they actual give a sh!t what people think. Me, I like to try juvenile things because sometimes I am just a big kid at heart and place more of a priority on having FUN than worrying about getting laid. You'd be surprised how effective this attitude is. I like to let a girl know off the bat that I am a wacky motherfúcker!
Well, like they say, one smiley says more than a thousand words,so:

;)

By the way, awesome post as usual...

BBB

(oh, and clean your PM box please :cool: )