Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Apple iPhone preview - fashion item or serious gadget?

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
serious waste of money i think. in a years time it will be iJunk.

;)

Solomon79

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I was gonna say that in terms of spec - it's already obsolete. Just wasn't sure if US was at the same stage with rollout of 3G as Europe, but you probably can't make the comparison because of the difference between urban/rural areas where nobody is going to use 3G anyway.

You have to admit Jobs is marketing guru though. He just believes in what he does. And then people follow like lemmings.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Complete fashion item. I asked all my "trendy" co workers why they were going to shell out $500 bones for an iphone and the best i got from themis "because damned ":rolleyes: Is having a touch screen do everything really worth that much money? I can't see myself getting one because I've got two good cellphones now and I couldn't legitimize me spending all that money on a phone that's "damned cool" but doesn't really offer me all that much in terms of functinality.

sexxyback

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's going to be a total fad when it comes out. Just like the MotoRazr - the thing was 300 bucks when it came out, now they give them away free when you sign up for a new calling plan.

future dj

Don Juan
Reaction score
iphone alternatives

No, it's not the iPhone; it just looks like one. Fashion designer Prada and LG Electronics announced on Thursday what they call the world's first completely touch-screen mobile phone to come to market.

The Prada Phone (LG KE850) features an "advanced touch interface," ringtones, preloaded content, mobile phone accessories and a leather case, all jointly designed by Prada and LG. It also comes with a 2-megapixel camera, MP3 player, video player, document viewer, music/messaging multitasking capability, Bluetooth and USB 2.0 port. The superthin phone comes in at 12 mm thick.

Apple's iPhone may have grabbed more headlines, but it's still some five months from hitting store shelves. The Prada phone is scheduled to be available in the U.K., France, Germany and Italy in late February, and in a few Asian countries (Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore) in March. It won't be cheap though. Prices will start at $776.

Synaptics showed off its Onyx concept phone--which also features a touch screen--at the Consumer Electronics Show. The phone is shaped like a remote, and the company says it would integrate GPS, music, teleconferencing and calendar events. The screen, which Synaptics calls the ClearPad, takes up nearly the whole handset and rids the phone of all those pesky buttons. Information can be entered into the Onyx concept phone with two fingers, or via text entry.

loggers were quick to spot a "full-surface screen" concept phone that quietly appeared on the research and development section of Nokia's Web site. To date, the company hasn't announced any details about what the phone might actually do, but it sure does look purty.