Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Anti-Don Juan Manifesto

Ars Amoris

Don Juan
Reaction score
A very interesting, mature and well thought out essay. My compliments to the author. I have been, primarily, reading these boards for some time now and it always struck me as odd the attitude of a lot of alleged DJ's to women. It seems to me that it is something of a paradox to, on the one hand, denegrate women while on the other hand going to the extreme lengths recommended by some on these fora (proper pluralis of forum being a latin derivative for the grammar freaks out there;) ) to bed them. Surely the true Don Juan loves women, the way they think, feel, smell, everything about them that is different from us. If there were one thing I would take issue with then it would be the use of the Hamlet reference from the Shakespeare website. It represents a rather narrow feminist (and I do not use the term in a perjorative sense) view of the play which overlooks the plethora of other influences upon the character of Hamlet. But this is more a criticism of the author of the Hamlet critique rather than the author of this essay. I hope that other readers of this forum will take the time to read this essay and, perhaps, think well on it for the advice it offers is both constructive and, I believe, well meant. One of the most well thought out and well written posts I have read to date.

thecraftylefty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
While you do paint men in quite a negative scene, some of what you say holds true. Having a background in psychology helps, as anyone that has read all your posts can tell you are gifted at reading people. That said…

Some men need direction. Some men need hope. Some men need a voice they can relate to. That is the voice of Don Juan. He let’s those fortunate enough to accept his message prosper and thrive. He is what lets them grow year after year, as I have.

Men aren’t evil in nature. We are human. If we are to err, we do so under false pretense. It’s only because we are trying to get somewhere in life, whether it be the most moral route or not. I’ve known quite a few that wouldn’t register on the good guy scale, but they aren’t slime either. They simply don’t know what you or I know. Are they bad for that? Not at all. The world needs AFC’s to exist. The world needs a vast pool of workers to do labor, to teach, to think, to perform, and to consume. It needs these people to be what they are: regular people. We are all regular people. Get over any image of superiority.

Making millions doesn’t make you extraordinary; making millions makes you rich.
I am a regular person. I graduated college. I have a job in the field I majored in. And yet I feel like it’s not enough. I’m just getting by. I want more. Not because I’m greedy, but because it’s human nature to want the best. And I do want the best. Some of those individuals think the best is just being able to fish on the shores to provide for his family that way he can come home after a work day and spend time with his family. If that is his dream then do not berate him. I say praise him. Praise his strong family values. That’s not for me, as I want more. But he is still a manly man. He puts food on the table and loves the life he lives. He is a real man. Anyone that says otherwise is foolish. He wants peace of mind. I dare say he has it all. He has seen the bitter and tasted it, and it makes the sweet so much sweeter.

Man will always be looked down upon by his faults, yet never really appreciated by his achievements. We must look to the past to grow and learn from our mistakes. We must also look forward to greener pastures and better prospects.

Be proud to be a man. Let our path take its shape and run with it. All we have besides what has been handed to us is what’s inside our heads. Make the most of what you’ve been given. That’s what I believe in.

thecraftylefty

izza

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Deep dish, you never responded to my question.

Originally posted by thecraftylefty
While you do paint men in quite a negative scene, some of what you say holds true. Having a background in psychology helps, as anyone that has read all your posts can tell you are gifted at reading people. That said…

Some men need direction. Some men need hope. Some men need a voice they can relate to. That is the voice of Don Juan. He let’s those fortunate enough to accept his message prosper and thrive. He is what lets them grow year after year, as I have.

Men aren’t evil in nature. We are human. If we are to err, we do so under false pretense. It’s only because we are trying to get somewhere in life, whether it be the most moral route or not. I’ve known quite a few that wouldn’t register on the good guy scale, but they aren’t slime either. They simply don’t know what you or I know. Are they bad for that? Not at all. The world needs AFC’s to exist. The world

needs a vast pool of workers to do labor, to teach, to think, to perform, and to consume. It needs these people to be what they are: regular people. We are all regular people. Get over any image of superiority.

I am a regular person. I graduated college. I have a job in the field I majored in. And yet I feel like it’s not enough. I’m just getting by. I want more. Not because I’m greedy, but because it’s human nature to want the best. And I do want the best. Some of those individuals think the best is just being able to fish on the shores to provide for his family that way he can come home after a work day and spend time with his family. If that is his dream then do not berate him. I say praise him. Praise his strong family values. That’s not for me, as I want more. But he is still a manly man. He puts food on the table and loves the life he lives. He is a real man. Anyone that says otherwise is foolish. He wants peace of mind. I dare say he has it all. He has seen the bitter and tasted it, and it makes the sweet so much sweeter.

Man will always be looked down upon by his faults, yet never really appreciated by his achievements. We must look to the past to grow and learn from our mistakes. We must also look forward to greener pastures and better prospects.

Be proud to be a man. Let our path take its shape and run with it. All we have besides what has been handed to us is what’s inside our heads. Make the most of what you’ve been given. That’s what I believe in.

thecraftylefty
Well put. I really like your non-judgmental attitude. I don't see any point in man-bashing, I don't see any point in woman bashing. Both are wonderful. I agree with the purpose of this post - a message to men: stop hypocritically bashing women - but I don't think the solution is to bash men.

Deep dish, you're right, of course, that there really do exist men such as are portrayed in these films, who could certainly improve themselves in many areas. Still, I'm sure every person on this planet can say the same. I know I can.

--Izza

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Izza:
Deep dish, you never responded to my question.
When I first replied to the responses, I wanted to speak broadly and I did include the answer to your question. To answer directly, yes, you had gotten the point of the essay. :)
Arioch:
My intention with the grammar remark was not to insult Deep Dish, but merely point out a grammar rule that many people don't understand and misuse. I did this publicly so everyone could learn the rule.
I had a split reaction. On the one hand you made what I assume to be a valid grammatical correction and consequently was a valid point to be made, but on the other hand I stared at the screen in disbelief. I might not have had the firmest grip on the difference between “who” and “whom” but certainly I will go back to the editing board. So, no hurt no foul.
Ars Amoris:
If there were one thing I would take issue with then it would be the use of the Hamlet reference from the Shakespeare website. It represents a rather narrow feminist (and I do not use the term in a perjorative sense) view of the play which overlooks the plethora of other influences upon the character of Hamlet.
That quote was incidentally the last thing I added to the essay and I tossed it in there just for good measure.

And thecraftyleft, nice reply. :)

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Executive summary? Sparks notes? I have only 24 hours in a day ...

Archaic

Don Juan
Reaction score
ohhh god i didnt read this whole thing, but i took a gander. And it ****ing reeks of estrogen. I saw the "behind every good man is a good woman" line and now im running for the hills. lol