Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The Alpha Male Myth!

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Question:

Does anyone here still believe that tired old Darwinism crap? You know, the whole "Alpha Male" stuff, about how Mr. ToughGuy gets all the women, and those he doesn't get just settle for someone else?

From my experience I think that all of this Alpha Male bullsh*t is just garbage, plain and simple. Not to mention the whole concept of Darwinism.

However, I realize that some of you are still stuck in "Alpha Male" land, sucking the cokk of King Kong, thinking that you are getting girls because you are so f*cking tough. Read on you guys, this concerns YOU!

What I am NOT doing:

I am not 'calling any of you guys out', or whining and moaning about some post that I just saw on the boards. I am not a puzzy, and if I had a problem with a post I would just write my thoughts there. So if there was just some guy talking about Alpha this Alpha that, don't b*tch at me, I probably didn't even read your thread. And if you ever mentioned Alphaness in a post don't feel obligated to post to defend yourself, you don't have to. This Darwinism worship is a trend that I have seen since day numero uno.

What I AM doing:

Anyway, enough of my b*tching. I think I can use the theory of "Darwinism" to prove that the all powerful ALPHA MALE is NOT what females really go for. It is not the most important thing within the Darwinism framework.

Even though I don't like the "Darwinism" theory (it is too simple, even when scientists study evolution and sexuality, there are VERY strange things that pop up that Darwinism can only touch on, and science can only explain using hairbrained lame ass conjecture) I can still show all you Alpha Male worshipers that being an Alpha Male is NOT the be-all and end-all of your own little deluded Darwinism world.

What is your crusade, icepick?

Well, quite simply, I am sick of hearing this stuff everywhere in this f*cking pop-science society. Let this thread be the end of this whole f*cking Alpha Male idea. It may be helpful to the puzzy guy who is trying to find his balls, but it is a phase you should GROW OUT OF! Find your balls for no other reason then the fact that you are a man, not for the reason that you need to be some big-shot f*cking Alpha Male!

Alright, if anybody out there still agrees with the Myth of the Alpha Male, don't be a puzzy and SPEAK UP!

If you want, you can tell me WHY you believe it, and your EXPERIENCES with it, and WHAT the idea means to you.

No Posturing Allowed!

No hard feelings, I am not "judging" you, I won't think you are "uncool", we are all in the same mutherf*cking boat here. I just wanna help you stupid f*cks! ;) So, lets have a reasonable discussion here among gentlemen, without this degrading into a spiteful argument where people only argue thier positions because they are angry at the other person, or are afraid of admiting they are wrong due to the fact that it signifies puzzyness to concede.

Why not just post your idea, icepick? Why all of this first?

In order to 'complete' my idea, I tried to get a fuller understanding of Darwinism so I could cover my idea from every angle, but after looking into some of the ideas out there, I realized that it is all one great big clusterf*ck.

Clusterf*ck?

Yeah, sexuality is a GIANT field, and if you don't think so, you haven't looked into it deep enough. Same goes for evolution. So, rather then going through all the trouble, I figured that I would see what opinions are out there first.

Okay guys, I am done rambling, now is your chance to fire away!

This is a f*cking discussion forum, so let's f*cking discuss!

krd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe the whole "alpha-male" theory is not directly related to Darwinism--I think the reason why it is brought up so much in this forum is because it draws parallels. I think we are basically dealing with an analogy here, used frequently to make a point. Whether or not it should be taken literaly is up to the individual.

However, what is true is that most of the time, the weak, skinny, shy, sensitive guy is not going to get the girl like a strong, muscular, outgoing guy will. If you are a meek, mild-mannered type of guy, you'll hardly stand a chance. Is this Darwinism? The effect of society? Who knows? It's simply the way things are.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yep.. the meek shall inherit the earth but not the girl.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't even read your post except for the title yet, but I can say that I don't believe that **** because I see people who are *clearly* not alpha males get vyer pretty women with lots going for them. I'll concede that this alpha male-rule held fast in the days when we settle things with clubs and other blunt objects, but those days are no more. Thanks to this new society that we've created, there are ways to overcome a lack of physical strength.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it doesn't matter what type of society exists.. If society ever failed people would resort to their basic instincts and the alpha male would dominate. So the question is who really is in control the man that hides behind society or the one that naturally doesn't have to?

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
'Alpha male' doesn't explain why chicks go for imaginative/creative skinny guys (like yours truly) over much hunkier men. This is kinda embarassing, but I'm only 128 pounds. I'm a sexually exuding man and all, and confident, but certainly a far cry from the Hulk. My imaginative/creative side comes radiating out through my body language - for I'm highly gesticular, through my speech pattern, and what I say. In the past I've noticed that girls' eyes would always light up when I told them I'm a writer, and I wonder what would be their reactions to seeing my artwork (No, not that kind! Get your mind out of the gutter! ;)).

I'm also very nice, which from the tone of many on this site, goes against being the 'alpha male'.

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We have a bit of a false dichotomy here. Does a so called "alpha male" get girls versus can a non-alpha male get dates. In fact both are possible, but the "alpha male" is more likely to get girls more easily.

Not every girl can land the top male. So they will settle for someone else in the pack.

This business is about improving our batting average. It's a continuum rather than an all-or-nothing situation.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Icepick,
Darwinism doesn't deal with only alpha males, you know. Besides the fact that The Origin of Species itself does relate and does realize that there ARE anomalies in the Way of Things, it doesn't purport to be the be-all-end-all of Nature, Darwinism just tells you how, at its core, a very basic part of Nature works.

But don't limit your understanding of the theory of Darwinism to just the Alpha Male facet, as there's more to it than that.

I certainly understand your frustration with all this Alpha Male rhetoric, though :)

I have a feeling that your definition of an alpha male and my own differ somewhat, and I would go so far as to say that most peoples' own definitions of "alpha male" differ just as much from person to person.

I think my definition approaches Übermenschen moreso than anything else. What about your own?

Drow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
icepick,

So sexuality is everything, and alpha is nothing? There is an obvious recent trend on this board to become more "alpha male", and I think that there is something to those traits. However, sexuality is key.. understanding it and embracing it fully will get you more women than becoming the most "alpha".. And I think thats where the problem lies.

People think that becoming the Alpha Male will get you all the chicks. But then as you see w/ Deep Dish (and alot of musicians, artist, etc..) it can't be the case.

But is sexuality the only key?? Maybe. But don't forget about imagination (or do the two go together?). Chicks go for these types of guys because they don't desire the alpha traits. Women desire the guys world. Imagination and sexuality win every time.

But where does that leave alpha? Well not at the bottom of the food chain, but certainly should not be the elusive trait that everyone thinks they should strive for..

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the Alpha Male idea, but not the physical characteristic of it, but the idea of the certain mindset he posses.

Most of the people who come to these boards are shy people who wish they were alpha's. Well, so we deiscuss what Alpha male is and we strive to become one

For me Alpha male is

A person who leads the rest.
Alpha decided where everyone goes, and makes sure others follow.
A person who isnt afraid to take the risks
Alpha risks knowing that he is not afraid of the the risk he is taking.

A person is the one who keeps things going
Alpha keeps convo's going, keeps people entartained and comes up with new ideas.

All this might sound like a person who is trying too hard to impress someone, i agree.

The whole concept of Alpha boils down to someone who is respected by people and who is missed when absent. And since alpha's posses many traits needed for DJ, this is why the idea of becoming one is so popular here.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 00Kevin
it doesn't matter what type of society exists.. If society ever failed people would resort to their basic instincts and the alpha male would dominate. So the question is who really is in control the man that hides behind society or the one that naturally doesn't have to?

I wish you'd stop going around in circles. It DOES matter what type of society we live in, because we're talking about how scrawny or plain ol' average built guys can get beautiful women over behemoths.

If there were to be a nuclear war tommorrow and organized society as we know it would crumble, then most of us would probably have no choice but to bow down to the might of the alpha-leader, for our own survival. But the fact is that that isn't likely. So yes, the type of society (at least from a discussion standpoint) is quite relevant.

Santos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In nature the one male dominates over all the other males and gets all the females to himself. He displays his power and fights for his dominance.

There is not ONE alpha-male. There's hundreds. For every one alpha-male (DJ), there are five weaker males (AFCs).

Each alpha-male controls a few females but not EVERY SINGLE ONE!

There is one fundemental difference between human beings and the rest of the animal kingdom. We are far more intelligent. We have the ability to be judgemental, to analyze and to experience emotion.

This means women do not only judge us on our appearance, but on other factors as well. The strongest male doesn't always win anymore. Also, different women have different tastes in men. One woman's alpha-male is another woman's chump.

I think being an alpha-male just means being a DJ. You can not possibly be the BEST human being on earth, but strive to be your own personal best.

If you are the ALPHA-MALE out of all your friends who you go clubbing with, then you are the alpha male. You will land the best female out of a particular group. Does that mean your mates won't get with the rest of that group? Not neccesarily.

BrWnSugaMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Notice how jakethasnake ignores ideas that seem to defeat his concept (reference BobbDobbs post).

I think BobbDobbs made one the strongest arguments here. If you think about it, not all women are "Alpha Male" material. I know many women who I wouldn't give the time of day.

I acknowledge that Deep Dish does have a valid point.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
deep dish, i guess being nice works with your image of an artistic person. But do u keep the women you get interested in you with this attitude?

I am guessing you are older than 20, so that might be the reason chicks dig the niceness too.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I think it’s obvious that these unattractive men have other qualities that the alpha male possess that are non superficial. Women are very perceptive and most of their perception is at a subconscious level. It is this natural instinct that guides their actions. These rejects of men that you speak of must give their women something that satisfies these natural instincts. These women must be able to sense alpha qualities in these men or they wouldn’t be with them. The fact is that very few women can get a supreme alpha male (especially in this feminized society that they have so foolishly engineered).
Today women are forced to settle with only a few of these qualities. You don't have to have all those qualities, just some, and most are not superficial (hence the ugly guy with the hot chick).

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BrWnSugaMan
Notice how jakethasnake ignores ideas that seem to defeat his concept (reference BobbDobbs post).

I think BobbDobbs made one the strongest arguments here. If you think about it, not all women are "Alpha Male" material. I know many women who I wouldn't give the time of day.

I acknowledge that Deep Dish does have a valid point.

I agree with BobbDobbs too. I, like icepick, am trying to debunk the notion that being an alpha male is the be-all, end-all of life. You can certainly find a very fit mate even if you're not an alphamale. Are we not on agreement with this? If so, what's the problem?:confused:

You should refrain from attempting to villify others before you make any contributions of your own, you muck-raker. :D That brownsugah's stale as all hell... be gone. :p

Julius_Caesar

Don Juan
Reaction score
The alpha male, out in nature, is the male that can best cope and control its enviroment. Or at least that is how I see it. The same thing goes for humans, the "alpha male" doesn't nessisarily need to be the biggest, but he has to be able to control the biggest. As for all those people saying things about alpha males like that they have DEFINED CHARATORISTICS, not true, I believe that the alpha male, in a group, is simply the one who controls the group, in a group of comp wizzes the alpha male is the one who can code in the most languages, or the man who knows the most about FreeBSD. Those alphas don't NESSISARYILY need to be the strongest or the one who is the most funny, but he has to be able to control the strongest and most funny, and generally the comp wiz alpha will have his choice of the rare girl that is apart of the group. So, I think that alpha males are very real, just not concretly definible. The "myth" I think that you are talking about is the fact that reading a post about a bunch of traits won't guarentee an alpha male. I don't know, you didnt say much *wink*. But remember the biggest brawnist guy can't do a thing against an alpha male who can call in the help of a bunch of friends. So your MR. Toughguy thing is false, its nessisarily the toughest or "hunkiest" guy that gets the girls. I think that women want the guy with the most power, the alpha, because of course, they want to be with the best, just like we want to be the the most attractive, they want to have children with the highest probablity for success in life. Although we often times settle for less because we are not the alpha enough to reach all the hottest girls. Honestly, would you rather have a child that is mentally disabled, not stupid but not smart, or a brillant child? I am thinking the brillant one is going to get highest marks, there is nothing wrong with you, but you want the best thing for you children, NATURALLY. Its all about control man, power.

Ave
from the greatest alpha male in history, Gaius Julius Caesar

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxide,

Yes. I'm not a doormat or anything, but nonetheless I'm nice, personable, compassionate.
I am guessing you are older than 20
You guessed correct. I'm 23.

Solomon79

Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of problems in the world are caused by men 'trying' to be alpha males because they aren't already.

Hence Saddam's henchmen had to kiss his as.s in order to reap the advantages, because they weren't clever enough to be him in the first place.

A man who is paranoid about whether he is the alpha male, or not, cannot possibly be an alpha male.

Hitler was an alpha male. He was a lot LESS masculine, good-looking, physically strong etc. as many of the guys who followed his regime. But THEY were still not as alpha as him, because they were sheep. They couldn't see that he couldn't care less about them, and chose to follow him anyway.

So yes, the alpha male cr.ap is pointless. We are all on our own in this world, so your destiny is in your thinking, not in trying to emulate what you think an alpha male might do. There is a big difference between 'copying' and having a real attitude to life, where u now what direction ur going in, because u want to.