Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The advantages of staying single in life?

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I was thinking about a few things last night and something hit me. There is such a huge focus on getting with other people and getting married and being in relationships and what not.

But there are some clear advantages to staying single as well.

Has anyone here seriously considered the possibility that living the single life could actually be better than being in a relationship?

I mean with sex, you are free to be with women for casual encounters if that floats your boat but the coolest thing is that you have more freedom.

I was just curious to find out some opinions from you guys who have been in long term relationships and everyone else as well.

I want to immerse myself in the stock market and learn everthing I can about it. If I was in a relationship then this would be hard as people don't like the 95% fail rate of people to learn/try to trade the markets.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Pulsar,
Well I agree with you,when you are young shacking up with a babe is a very natural thing to do,but at your age the only reason one would do this would be to provide a stable environment for children,no bad thing and like the Measles something you go through....Down the track the continuum of life suggests that in your latter days necessity could suggest a live in relationship,so always keep the door on the latch...My kids are a safety net for me and I quite blatently tell them that any inheritance will depend on their looking after me...but as you age you become more selfish,more set in your ways,in youth a girl will mould herself to your ways,later on she also has been moulded and fired....A friend has found a good solution,he lives next door but one,to his lover,it works really well.....Your aspirations on the Stock Market are interesting...With another guy I played the Market for years and made a lot of Money...Sadly our friendship finished,when his wife decided she had had enough...the Straw that broke the camels back was him getting up to follow trends on the US Market at an unearthly hour in the Morning....The upshot was,this poor bugger was counselled by a shrink,found to be an Obsessive,the wife said its the Market or me...The boofhead chose her,put ALL his dough in to a Palatial residence for her to entertain her Mates,thus nothing to gamble with...End of story...About the same time my own wife jumped the fence with two Lesbians and I was left alone...Looking at both our lives today,by every standard I am leading a far richer existence...Think about it...

Pulsar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Scaramouche said:
Dear Pulsar,
Well I agree with you,when you are young shacking up with a babe is a very natural thing to do,but at your age the only reason one would do this would be to provide a stable environment for children,no bad thing and like the Measles something you go through....Down the track the continuum of life suggests that in your latter days necessity could suggest a live in relationship,so always keep the door on the latch...My kids are a safety net for me and I quite blatently tell them that any inheritance will depend on their looking after me...but as you age you become more selfish,more set in your ways,in youth a girl will mould herself to your ways,later on she also has been moulded and fired....A friend has found a good solution,he lives next door but one,to his lover,it works really well.....Your aspirations on the Stock Market are interesting...With another guy I played the Market for years and made a lot of Money...Sadly our friendship finished,when his wife decided she had had enough...the Straw that broke the camels back was him getting up to follow trends on the US Market at an unearthly hour in the Morning....The upshot was,this poor bugger was counselled by a shrink,found to be an Obsessive,the wife said its the Market or me...The boofhead chose her,put ALL his dough in to a Palatial residence for her to entertain her Mates,thus nothing to gamble with...End of story...About the same time my own wife jumped the fence with two Lesbians and I was left alone...Looking at both our lives today,by every standard I am leading a far richer existence...Think about it...
That's very interesting Scaramouche. There is a lot you have said here and I'm thinking about what it implies.

"A friend has found a good solution,he lives next door but one,to his lover,it works really well"

What does this part mean?

The part where your friends wife stuffed him around and made him decide between the markets or her is a situation I'd hate to be in. Ofcourse I would have left the wife and stayed as a trader.

But this is the type of thing I hate about relationships. There are all of these little constraints and rules. It's a pain in the neck.

I agree with you that kids are a good way to have security in old age. It depends on what your kids are like also. Many kids these days do not care about anyone but themselves. Some end up on drugs etc. So even, having kids is kind of a gamble if you want to rely on them to take care of you in old age.

You said that your wife jumped the fence and left you? But yet at the end of the day you are much happier.

I'm confused. Are you saying that it was better to go through the process of being married and having kids or are you saying that it would have been better to have stayed single in the first place all along? I mean, I'm sure you love your kids and I don't mean that you wouldn't want kids if you already have them.

But what I'm saying was that if you were to live your life again, what would you have done differently?

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Pulsar,
Friend number one had a lover,realised that living with her was not going to work,and travelling regularly to interface with her created other problems,so when the house not next door but 30 yards down the Street came up for sale they purchased it and she moved in...Happy Days..."Little constraints in a relationship"Brother it can be like living in a prison,difference being you get to screw the Jailor...Well when she's in the mood,thats another story...As for doing things differently if you have the rewind button....Well....The only tangible reason I see for my existence is passing on my genes...But I am not the Marrying Kind,two wifes and numerous relationships have convinced me of this...The only thing I would change is that I would have devoted myself to dancing earlier,then I would never become dependant on a Woman,except my Dance Partner,thats something I haven't worked out yet..As for kids being unreliable,I have five and all are to some extent dependent on me,apples don't fall far from the tree,People do things because it suits their selfish interests,the most selfish are those that grow really old...I want to make the Queens Telegram on my hundredth birthday...

Ballie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am from Scaramouche generation. Lived in a small town and marriage was inevitable. Have two lovely kids and for them alone I would do it again. Unfortunately I didnt mould into her idea of the perfect husband and things went sour about 10 years ago, I stuck it out for the kids sake and they really appreciate that. I am now single and will never marry again not even have a ltr. I have embraced the DJ's lifestyle fully and one woman isnt enough I have several one does my housework, several very good friend (also dancing partners by the way), my 16 year old daughter who I absolutely adore and the occasional fvck buddy.
I have a pension plan - will move in with a rich old widow who will spoil me rotten.

TanzaniaMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its an age thing, if you are young and have game opportunity is everywhere.....as you get older there are less and less prospects.

It is also a maturity thing and what you value...young guys valuse sex cars and money, as you gte older you tend to value wisdom, family, and stability.....its just a natural part of growing

We all go through the seasons. Yes there are some benifits to being single, but they end at about 40, but at that time you are too old to start a family..

Want a movie reference, look at Wedding Crashers, at the end when we see Wil Farrel, (the ultimate chick magnet) there is an underlying subtex that the guy is really a poor pathetic schlep that still lives at home with mom.

It all depends on the legacy that you want to leave behind......I have known a lot of great players, but thay played the game too long, and didnt know when to get out, and now they are just old lonly men.

You have to know when to hang it up and get out, timing is everything.

Just as it is bad to get attached at too young of an age. it is bad to be unattached at too old of an age

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah there probably are some advantages but i would rather get married and that may not be too far away. :)

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ballie said:
... my 16 year old daughter who I absolutely adore and the occasional fvck buddy.
LOL :crackup: Ballie, I think you need to learn the fine art of the comma, that sounded really freaky. Are you from a small town in...West Virginia??