The Absolute Importance of (NOT) Smiling (Make C+F Work!)

Double_Diamonds

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's right, I believe it's absolutely important that you do not smile so much. I'm not saying don't smile, I'm saying don't smile so much. It eases the tensions, ruins ****y and funny, and just trashes mystery. If you can hold back the smiles it makes people (that includes women bozo) work harder to get you to smile. It makes you seem like you have a sexy secret that you can't share just yet. Try it, trust me.

Of course there is the aspect of laughing, I think this is a big no no if you want to develop a very seductive character. If you're good looking, you can get away with it for sure. If you're one of us who wasn't blessed with fine genes, hold back the laughter. It gives you this cool, layed back, mysterious thing going for you. This has worked for me excellently.

Of course when you first meet a woman it's important that you smile and show you're interested....right? Wrong! A wink does much more than a smile does. It seems easy, but it comes off as very ballsy. Just try these things out and tell me that it works!

Wink, hold back that smile, don't you dare laugh. You're half way there James Bond (well......you're trying!).

*29*

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know exactly what you're saying. Have you ever seen people laugh and then abruptly put on a serious face? It's funny.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope you are not right because I joke around A LOT with my girlfriend and I laugh a lot because it's funny. I just like to have fun.

Do you think Chris Farley would be as funny if you didn't hear his humorous laugh and always had a serious look on his face?

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I think Chris Farley I think an overweight guy that got laughs from falling down and breaking stuff...a big fat bafoon...

People were laughing at him not with him.

It's the opposite for his sidekick David Spade...he says witty stuff...he gives of the aura of being funny without trying to be funny...

The problem with laughing at your own jokes is that it upsets the timing...

DraGon_luv

Don Juan
Reaction score
When you make a joke, if it is funny or not,, there will be a Lauging tension,

by you laughing it realeases that tension, dont laugh at your own joke, and you will ahve a more likly chanch they will laugh at it.

UpNCominDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you don't smile at times when people would normaly smile, then others will think you are crazy/disturbed. That's just all there is too it. If something is funny, then laugh. If it's not then don't laugh or smile. Smiling is a sign that things or ok and you feel good. If you're with a girl, and you're not smiling at all, then she's going to think somthing is wrong. If you do it all the time, then she's going to think something is wrong with YOU! just know when to do it and when not to. Just be smooth.

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's more crazy/disturbed to be laughing at a rather morbid subject matter.

If they morn at your joke, you would be better off if you didn't laugh at the joke.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Chris Farley should be given much more credit then you gave him

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if I was a big fan of slapstick i would have gave him more credit.

But it's a pity he died because he would have made a perfect curly for a remake of the Three STooges.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by Double_Diamonds
That's right, I believe it's absolutely important that you do not smile so much. I'm not saying don't smile, I'm saying don't smile so much. It eases the tensions, ruins ****y and funny, and just trashes mystery. If you can hold back the smiles it makes people (that includes women bozo) work harder to get you to smile. It makes you seem like you have a sexy secret that you can't share just yet. Try it, trust me.

Of course there is the aspect of laughing, I think this is a big no no if you want to develop a very seductive character. If you're good looking, you can get away with it for sure. If you're one of us who wasn't blessed with fine genes, hold back the laughter. It gives you this cool, layed back, mysterious thing going for you. This has worked for me excellently.

Of course when you first meet a woman it's important that you smile and show you're interested....right? Wrong! A wink does much more than a smile does. It seems easy, but it comes off as very ballsy. Just try these things out and tell me that it works!

Wink, hold back that smile, don't you dare laugh. You're half way there James Bond (well......you're trying!).
No.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
all this talk about Chris Farley gave me the want to watch Tommy Boy.

BTW Double Diamonds even if this doesn't work for anyone else but it works with you just keep running with it.

Try other things also to see if there is better ways. Then you can make an informed decision about whether to smile or not. :p ;) :D

captn caveman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have too little self esteem that you are afraid of giving up a nice smile?

Initial attack over.

****y and funny with no smile: You are damn serious, the funny part does not go through, and the ****y part goes insulting. Need to insult = low self esteem....

Now I am not saying you should put this silly monkey smile on your face...

But,

****y and funny with a sly smile/crooked smile/sincere smile etc, puts the funny into funny and the ****y into "he is ****y but still can smile, damn the guy knows what he is talking about, and does not care what I think about it"

A smile together with the right communication = self esteem..

As said if there is the need to hold back a naturally occuring smile, (not the "let me fvck you please" smile), this is simply insecurity.

As part of a game though, a serious face used well, can do wonders.

I go with Squirrels...

3rd.

shrewd

Don Juan
Reaction score
It has something to it...the part about making people want to please you. If you laugh at everything and smile whenever you see somebody it makes them think they're above you, sometimes. i believe this method would only work well if you're good looking though. He would come off as aloof and cool where an ugly guy might come off as bitter or retracted....?:confused: