Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The 30 second rule.

IrReSiStIbLe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Fellas, good to be back after a long break...

As you all know, despite being an art with varying opinions, styles and methods, there are certain common rules that we apply to our game in order to give us direction and keep us on track (and make things easier for us).

For instance- You're preparing for a big night out with your friends. You get dressed, apply cologne and head to the club. You see a beautiful lady but have slight approach anxiety. First rule- 3 second rule. You have 3 seconds to approach her otherwise it will be a hell of a lot more difficult. So you don’t think and just approach. Tick. The opener was successful and you are getting positive vibes from her. Second rule- keep it short, sweet and listen. The 2-3 minute movie trailer rule. Don’t reveal too much, but reveal enough to build attraction and get her interested. Get the number and move on to the next girl (or if things are going amazing and you have plenty of time on your hands- take her to the dance floor, kiss close her and fvck her later). You finished the night with 3 awesome numbers and go home feeling good. Third rule- 2 day rule. You wait two days before contacting her. So far so good. But then it comes time to text her. You think of a strategy, discuss options with your peers, write something, then edit it, then re edit that…20 minutes or 1 hour or 2 hours have gone by and you are about to send what seems like the perfect text message, inviting her out for drinks. You have invested time and energy into it. It has everything in it and you have thought it through. Message Sent. You sit by the phone and expect her to reply to your text. You wait… You wait… and you wait longer. She doesn’t reply. Or she does reply with an excuse and then you have to rethink everything or just give up.

Compared to calling a chick (as they used to do in the old days ..15 years ago and more) texting is not as bad and not as intimidating. But for beginners, if done wrong, texting can be the difference between you having her over for a DVD, red vino and later, amazing sex or you doing all of that alone.

The 30 second rule
The 30 second rule requires discipline and trust in yourself and in the rule. It does not take anything away from your own unique style and is very simple. You don’t have to memorize anything or be someone you don’t want to be. The 30 second rule is as follows (and I will briefly explain why after)-

You should allow yourself no longer than 30 seconds to text a girl. If you do find yourself over thinking and you realize that it has been over 30 seconds (perhaps 1-5 minutes). Delete the whole message and restart everything again 45 minutes later.

The idea is to sent the simplest message you can and complicate things as little as possible for you (and her). The message has to come across that you’re not desperate and that there is a possibility you could have others on the go (a trait, believe it or nor, most females find attractive).

My theory is this (and it had been thoroughly and successfully field tested over 4 years)- the longer and more animated a text, the more reluctant she will be to reply. It will be an immediate turn off and it will detract from your masculinity. You see, when a woman texts a woman, such will be the case- very animated, long and emotional. In many ways, how a man texts a woman can potentially define his level masculinity to her (and believe me, the higher the better). The more masculine you come across through texting, the more on demand you seem and the more attractive and desired you will be to her.

So there it is. The key is, try it. Practice it. Turn the 30 second rule into second nature (just as I’m sure you did with the 3 second rule and others) and you will see the results for yourself.

Hope you're all rocking!

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice idea, but apart from that:

You said texting is "less threatening" than calling. Would you say texting is generally better than calling? Where I live right now, everybody texts all the time and people think I'm strange for calling them. Back home, texting means you're kinda cheap for not calling...

What's your take on this?

IrReSiStIbLe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey bud, good question. No, I would not say texting is better than calling. Whilst both aren't easy if not practiced, calling requires more skill for obvious reasons which allows you to express the true you a lot better. It also gives her no choice but to reply on the spot, whereas with texting she can take her time. Calling allows you to make her laugh and it is far more practical and you can get more done in a shorter period of time (i.e. set up a date in less than 2 minutes). I wish calling was more accepted, things would be so much more efficient(for me personally), but girls today have been given a more convenient option and since most girls are insecure, they took that option and now we have to live with it. I don't think girls will consider you cheap for texting them, regardless of where you are in the world. Your mates might, but not chicks (then ofcourse it also depends on the chick). So my answer to you is- texting is not better than calling and I don't think the girls back home think you're cheap for texting them. But, if I'm wrong and such is the case, even better. You get to get things done quicker and more efficiently ;)

Hope that answers your question...

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks man. I feel the same; usually I like to call because it's quick. Plus, they don't have time to start playing games (since your call comes surprisingly haha). Then again, texting is obviously not that bad, did that too a couple of times.

Anyway I was feeling anxious before calling sometimes so I made a point of "not taking the easy way out" ;)

PlayCold

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with both sides. It really depends on what kind of girl it is and what your situation is with her.

I don't completely agree with your 30 second rule because you can write lots of crap and after reading it again you may think: "**** why did I send this to her".
What I always do is write a text (if I text to her anyway) and then I dont send it yet. Read it again after 1 hour or less and then edit the things I don't like. Of course I do agree with the "don't send a too long or complex text".