Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The 3 Second Rule - How do you make yourself stick to it ?

Teddybear666

Don Juan
Reaction score
i am hopeless at following the 3 second rule

I get into the track of getting eye contact, getting interest, smiling etc but doing sweet FA about it! after a while the girl either things i'm totally stuck up or an idiot and moves off!

I've once played eye games with a girl for 2 hours at a club without approaching ! she eventually left in disgust

It is true that the longer you leave the approach, the harder it's going to be

how do you guys make yourself stick to the 3 second rule ?

Neophyte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The last 2 weeks it's getting better everytime I want to approach a girl... the fear is fading away.

Whenever I start to hesitate, I think 'What the F*ck I'm I waiting for, there's nothing to lose!'

So, at the moment you start hesitating, you are thinking to much. Don't think, ACT! It works!

------------------
Go Confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined!

NoMoreNiceGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't believe in the 3 second rule. I prefer to watch a girl for a while to see if she's there with another guy. He might not be with her at the time I notice her, he might be off gettting drinks or in the bathroom or something so I never approach right away. It's just not worth going face to face with some jerk.

maranathaman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NoMoreNiceGuy:
I don't believe in the 3 second rule. I prefer to watch a girl for a while to see if she's there with another guy. He might not be with her at the time I notice her, he might be off gettting drinks or in the bathroom or something so I never approach right away. It's just not worth going face to face with some jerk.
The "Three Second Rule" is one "tool" that we have available to us when we have problems getting-up the courage to talk with a lady. If you don't have that problem, then use the tools that work for your situation the best.
~Andy

------------------
“Patience is a virtue I do not have time for.”

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 3 second rule just means "Don't hesitate". It is not an actual 3 seconds. If you follow the 3 second rule then you don't have time to think about:

"What if she doesn't like me?"
"What if I make a fool of myself?"
"What should I say to her?"
"Will I embarass myself?"

The 3 second will help your initial approach. When you move in quickly you don't give yourself time to have self doubt. Before you know it you are in the middle of a conversation with a HB.

------------------
My love life Diary
http://www.deardiary.net/cgi-bin/viewer.cgi?diary=3874

Reaction score
I am a big supporter of the 3 second rule. It doesnt literally have to be 3 seconds like someone has mentioned. It shows u r a take charge type of guy.

What i do is just think, ok lets find out what this girl is all about when doing the 3 second thing. Lets have fun with this episode. Thats how i stick to it.

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think the "3 second rule" is good advice. That is, I don't think you should always, ALWAYS, move within three seconds. Often you have to check things out, see who's she's with, etc. Maybe try to get eye contact with her first. That can tell you if she's into you and save you the trip over there and public brushing off.

marknola

Don Juan
Reaction score
The 3 second rule. I see it has 2 parts. The first part it keeps you from chickening out, but the second part is vastly more important. Second part is, you have “3” seconds (really 3 to 15 seconds) to approach a girl from the time she notices you checking her out, or from when you catch her checking you out. You just can’t make it work after to much time goes by. Move on if you blow it. Another thing approach from the side or from the back, never from the front.

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you approach from the back it looks like your creeping up on here. That's never good. I like going staight up from in front.

------------------
Syncmaster signing out.
a.k.a ... Adam

lightning_rider

Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally I don't use the 3 second rule but something a lot better: I sign the girls to come over to me with my hand.. this shows not only a lot of confidence - but also you remain in control cause she comes into your territory.
If she doesn't want to come, big deal - you know she's not interested (but 99% of the time you can tell in advance if she is - trust your gut on it). And you won't make a fool of yourself going over there and then she turns her back on you (happened to me)

EDIT:
This never failed for me - I always got the girl/number (I even ****ed one the same night)
This methord really rocks

[This message has been edited by lightning_rider (edited 05-17-2001).]

CoolHandLuke

Reaction score
It depends on the situation. Sometimes I will approach the chick and other times I will wave them over. I've had success with both methods. I generally wave in a dance club when I'm on the floor. Going over to them seems to work better in a bar.

JuanWannabe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks to Paradox for refering me to this post.

I saw a real hottie come on to the dance floor the other night. Should I have appracohed her as soon as she made eye contact with me, and just start dancing in close to her?

james007bond

Reaction score
Hey guys! Here is a rule of thumb 3 secs or 3 hours it doesn't matter...stop living by rules and take thigns as they come! If you want a girl..go after her, if you don't, go after someone else. It isn't that hard boys! Girls want confidence, so if your scared fake it for a few minutes you talk to her and she culd be hooked for as long as you want her! It all looking like you picked her above everyone else, because she was special!

Don_090

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
3 things, practice, practice and most importatnly PRACTICE!!!

Or be like the oh so cool geeks sitting at the back table watching everyone else dance and wallow in their own self-pity, not appitizing at all...

------------------
The greatest barrier to achievement or success is not lack of talent or ability but rather, the fact that achievement and success, beyond a certain level, are outside our self-concept - our image of who we are and what is appropriate to us.
The greatest barrier to love is the secret fear that we are unlovable. The greatest barrier to happiness is the wordless sense that happinessis not our proper destiny.

- Nathaniel Branden.

Broken promises don't upset me. I just think, why did they believe
me? - Jack Handey

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions."
- Mahfouz, Naguib

Those who seek to achieve things should show no mercy – Kautilyn

FGarcia1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by james007bond:
Hey guys! Here is a rule of thumb 3 secs or 3 hours it doesn't matter...stop living by rules and take thigns as they come! If you want a girl..go after her, if you don't, go after someone else. It isn't that hard boys! Girls want confidence, so if your scared fake it for a few minutes you talk to her and she culd be hooked for as long as you want her! It all looking like you picked her above everyone else, because she was special!
Well, 3 hours is probably too long; no one hangs around one place for three hours unless some big event's happening.

But this guy's right. If you're walking into a room and have a stopwatch in your pocket, you're taking this all too seriously. Give yourself some slack; make it 4 seconds. Heheh...

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple, don't think about it "Just do it!".

Just walk over and say "Hi", then the tension (that is in your mind) is relieved.

The longer you think, the more of a mountain it will seem.

The longer you wait, the harder it will be!

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumping this post, people really need to stick to the 3second rule. Once you get this down, the game is much easier, and free flowing. Approaches become automatic and you become more aware.

P.S. there are more than one page in the archive, got to the date setting @ the bottom of the page and set it to "From the beginning"

DiMallio

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont always go for the approach after 3 seconds but i know that if i dont have the balls to do it in 3 seconds if i wanted to, then my confidence levels arent where it needs to be....