Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

The 2 types of PUA's. Which are you?

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my 10+ years of being in the pickup community I have come to know from talking to a guy whether he will make it big or he will not.

I have come to learn that every single guy will always fall into one of the 2 categories, no matter how hard he tries to become the other.

Alphas: These are the guys that get good fast. They are fully committed to getting good. You see them wasting no time talking to their wings, or if they do, its because they are formulating a strategy to get the girl they want, and then they quickly act on that strategy. They don't let their emotions override their plan. This allows them to get consistent results very quickly.
These guys stay in the game for a few months and either get a gf and move on with their life, or they stay in pickup and become coaches.

Betas: This is 95% of the pickup community. These guys put inconsistent effort in gaming. They tend to lose motivation fairly quickly so they are always reading up on libraries of motivating material, forums (keyboard jockeys), attend conferences, etc. I call them "fan boys" because you see them at every PUA talk. When these guys gets laid or get even just a number, the whole world finds out about it. Their progress ranges from slow to inconsistent These guys tend to stay in game for years, if they don't quit with poor results. These are the same type of guys that see women as medals, they don't see them as people.

There is a misconception in the community that anybody that puts their mind to it can become an alpha. As someone that for years has seen people fail, rise, or stay at pretty much the same skill level, I can tell you there is no way that a person born with a predisposition to be a beta can become alpha. Yes, you can mimic the behaviors of an alpha and memorize alpha lines. You can even live by the mantra WWAD (What would an alpha do), but you will never get rid of the emotions, the reactions, and the instinctual thoughts your were brought up with. So an beta can not ever "became" an alpha.

So knowing that you are likely to fall in the 95%, the betas, what is your plan?
The only way to get any success that will stick with you forever is accepting this fact. You must realize that women are not really looking for an alpha, they are looking for a legitimate guy. A guy who is not nice to her just because she's beautiful, a guy is ok with the beta that he is, because he's got bigger plans than just being someone he can't be. In the long run, girls will notice when you are forcing a persona, trust me, and this will turn them right off when they find out.

I had been a "PUA" for a decade when I found this out. Upon learning this I slowly backed off pickup. I stopped going out with the purpose of "gaming", I stopped trying to use tactics, and I started treating women like people. And guess what, 2 months into this change I found a real gf. It has been 6 months since this happened, and we love each other a lot. She is a pretty girl, as pretty as the prettiest girls I've gotten from gaming. However this one has been able to see the part of me that I did not want other girls to see before, my sensitive side, and she fell in love with that. And now I feel very comfortable with showing that.

My message: If you have been in game consistently for years and still struggle with getting girls to stay, its time to take a break. See what happens when you separate yourself from game. Be the way you would like to be, not the way "an alpha" should be. You will be surprised at the results

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you'll notice with your definition of 'alphas' is that these are 'normal' guys. Normal in the sense, they give or take are emotionally and mentally healthy. They got good reference points and haven't got any hang ups. A good portion of the 'betas' have got issues and chances are without that $hit they would have no need for all this. But having said all that a beta is a beta and ultimately the loser.

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mangotot said:
What you'll notice with your definition of 'alphas' is that these are 'normal' guys. Normal in the sense, they give or take are emotionally and mentally healthy. They got good reference points and haven't got any hang ups. A good portion of the 'betas' have got issues and chances are without that $hit they would have no need for all this. But having said all that a beta is a beta and ultimately the loser.
I would disagree and say that a beta is not a loser, this is what the pickup marketing has led you to believe.
One of the definitions of Alpha is leadership of men. So if you're not a leader you must be a beta. This is wrong. Some people can't be bothered to lead others. Artists, some craftsmen, programmers, among others, can be pretty successful at what they do, yet not be leaders, and instead they can be timid. So by definition, they would be betas. Does this make them losers?

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
I would disagree and say that a beta is not a loser, this is what the pickup marketing has led you to believe.
One of the definitions of Alpha is leadership of men. So if you're not a leader you must be a beta. This is wrong. Some people can't be bothered to lead others. Artists, some craftsmen, programmers, among others, can be pretty successful at what they do, yet not be leaders, and instead they can be timid. So by definition, they would be betas. Does this make them losers?
Forget how everyone else defines alpha and beta. Let just say the 5 per cent you quote who become good are alpha (they could have all manner of characteristics be it programmer, artist, leader or whatever) and the 95 per cent who dont get there are beta. The 95 per cent that did not become good or whatever they were seeking with pickup ultimately lost. Therefore they are losers in this sphere. You agree yeah?

n00bPimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mangotot said:
Forget how everyone else defines alpha and beta. Let just say the 5 per cent you quote who become good are alpha (they could have all manner of characteristics be it programmer, artist, leader or whatever) and the 95 per cent who dont get there are beta. The 95 per cent that did not become good or whatever they were seeking with pickup ultimately lost. Therefore they are losers in this sphere. You agree yeah?
Thats like saying "999 out of 1000 highschool basketball players are losers because they didnt make it to the nba".

Is there the chance that perhaps they didnt have the aptitude to be profesional players?
Not everyone is meant to be a pickup artist. However everyman should learn pickup skills to be their better self. Contrary to what pickup marketing has led you to believe, not every beta can become alpha, nor do they need to.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eww.. im not a "PUA" at all. Im a guy with above average social skills is all. :)

No.Danny

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Only if the world was as black and white as you make it out to be. Only true betas use labels while classifying a Don Juan ;)

mangotot

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
Thats like saying "999 out of 1000 highschool basketball players are losers because they didnt make it to the nba".

Is there the chance that perhaps they didnt have the aptitude to be profesional players?
Not everyone is meant to be a pickup artist. However everyman should learn pickup skills to be their better self. Contrary to what pickup marketing has led you to believe, not every beta can become alpha, nor do they need to.
I don't know man but if a guy has spent 10 years doing pickup and didn't get anywhere, there is something seriously wrong in there somewhere.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with betas is that a bunch of them have no social life. For women, social life is the most important thing. So these guys have no chance.

Some guys will join pick up in order to get laid but will end up very bitter when they don't get those results. You can't have a game if you have no social life.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
n00bPimp said:
Alphas: These are the guys that get good fast. They are fully committed to getting good. You see them wasting no time talking to their wings, or if they do, its because they are formulating a strategy to get the girl they want, and then they quickly act on that strategy. They don't let their emotions override their plan. This allows them to get consistent results very quickly.
These guys stay in the game for a few months and either get a gf and move on with their life, or they stay in pickup and become coaches.
So spinning plates is BS? Settling down with one is for betas.
n00bPimp said:
Betas: These are the same type of guys that see women as medals, they don't see them as people.

I'm a beta and I see this chick as a silver medal, alas a damaged one. Problem bro? Most girls I've approached or and the few I've dated resembled her, though much shorter and with more average bodies.

Code:
https://instagram.com/p/4RRhozCw-b/

Everyone has an ideal image of a perfect woman in his mind. Once he finds someone who looks very close to his fantasy image, then he coniders that chick as a medal, gold, silver or bronze.