That sinking feeling that you can't get a girl better than your ex.

OneofOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you get past the looming feeling that you won't be able to attract another girl as good as or better than your ex?

Sofomore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You improve yourself. You read the DJ bible again. You go to the gym. You improve YOU.

Keep your chin up and use this time to improve your life.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and take a break from the ladies for a bit while you improve.

in a short time you'll be back in the game!!

I was going through this earlier this year after a breakup.
I'm dating a girl now who is definitely hotter than my last gf.

OneofOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I had to take a break. It's been about 4 months now and I'm starting to look around and notice hotties again.

Alex DeLarge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to understand that it's a ridiculous notion. There are BILLIONS of women on this planet. You can most likely find someone better than the last.

All women have different aspects of personality which make them an attractive person as well. For instance, one girl you date may be very well rounded and knowledgable in the area of literature and could be a teacher, whereas another girl you meet might be very passionate about animal rights and volunteer regularly at a local animal shelter.

A while ago I was seeing a girl who worked with handicapped children and helping their parents take care of the children, then that ended. Soon after, I dated another girl who was into great music who was a special education teacher. Both were very attractive personally in their own areas. And I was really bummed out when things ended with both of these girls, but it helped me realize "Wow, there's probably a lot of genuine caring women out there I would love to meet!" There's nothing wrong or "non-DJ" about being bummed out over it. All humans get sad when we lose a connection with someone we adore, platonically or sexually.

A "non-DJ" thing to do is to try and control that which cannot be controlled (ex: beg for a woman back when she has no desire to be with you) or sacrifice elements of your personality for appeasement of others. Only change your personality for YOURSELF. no one else.

You just have to role with the punches and keep moving! Recognize that your sad over an event, but that it will eventually pass and you will return to your normal self.

Get what I'm saying? Hope you get past this soon man! Take a break from women and focus on yourself for a while like PDX1138 said.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OneofOne said:
How do you get past the looming feeling that you won't be able to attract another girl as good as or better than your ex?
lol, this thread reminds me of some years back when I thought my world ,when it came to women, was over when i broke up with my LTR. I thought, omg, im getting older now and I look around and nobody is as pretty as her. I'm screwed. :crackup:

WOW, what a freaking clueless idiot I was. I mean, just wow. It simply amazes me how STUPID! we are when we are younger. haha.

OneofOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know it sounds dumb. Even to me it does but I can't shake the feeling.

It's kind of like when a recording artist takes a long break after a hit album. They look back and think "how the f*** did I do that?!?"

I have to start over and build my game again. LTRs kill your game.